Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Contracts

+4
wanderlust
Bwfc1958
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Contracts Empty Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Neil Danns - signed a one year extension

Vela, bogdan, pratley, mills, chungy and lonergan all out of contract this summer.. Who do we think will stay?

2Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:21

Vela, Pratley, Mills & Lonergan to stay I think.

3Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:22

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Got a feeling bogdan will stay

4Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:39

Boggersbelief wrote:Got a feeling bogdan will stay
I hope so, i think being younger than lonergan, all he needs is lonergan to have a dip in form and he will be first choice again and hopefully keep it.  Saying that, i don't want lonners to have a dip in form, compeitionfor places is only a good thing as it keeps people on there toes!

5Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amazing how dumb Bolton fans are.

It's almost as if Lonergan is going through a blip by actually playing well, and Bogdan is the next Gordon Banks.

Bogdan is a decent shot stopper and nothing else. He doesn't command his area and brings uncertainty to the back four. He's made more mistakes over the last two or three years than any Bolton keeper in my lifetime. And I saw Dave Felgate.

6Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:49

Natasha Whittam wrote:Amazing how dumb Bolton fans are.

It's almost as if Lonergan is going through a blip by actually playing well, and Bogdan is the next Gordon Banks.

Bogdan is a decent shot stopper and nothing else. He doesn't command his area and brings uncertainty to the back four. He's made more mistakes over the last two or three years than any Bolton keeper in my lifetime. And I saw Dave Felgate.

how many has he made since lennon came in?  he is playing better as are most the players.  he played out of his pale like skin on saturday and sometimes it is better the devil you know.

who would you get to replace him who we could afford?

7Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

how many has he made since lennon came in?  

He hasn't started a league game under Lennon. So I'll guess at none.

::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend::

8Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:52

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

how many has he made since lennon came in?  

He hasn't started a league game under Lennon. So I'll guess at none.

::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend:: ::bellend::

okay, and the cup games he has played under lennon, he has done well.  so come on, solutions not problems, who would you get to replace him who we could afford AND would actually come to us.

9Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:

okay, and the cup games he has played under lennon, he has done well.  so come on, solutions not problems, who would you get to replace him who we could afford AND would actually come to us.

My initial remarks weren't aimed at you, I was talking more in generally about the numpties saying Bogdan should be our number 1.

Bogdan is a good number 2 to have, but if we can get any money for him I would get shut as he'll never be great.

10Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:56

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shut the fuck up nat. You'd choose a 31 year old less talented goalkeeper as our number one, thank god you aren't manager you clearly know nothing about football. 

Bogdan is very good

11Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:57

Natasha Whittam wrote:
y2johnny wrote:

My initial remarks weren't aimed at you, I was talking more in generally about the numpties saying Bogdan should be our number 1.

Bogdan is a good number 2 to have, but if we can get any money for him I would get shut as he'll never be great.
Fair enough, but against good opposition on Saturday he did really well, so whilst he is number 2 at the moment he has the potential to be a great number 1 once lonergan is finished  i'd be doing everything in my power to keep him, as replacements, especially decent ones, are few and far between.

12Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 11:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Shut the fuck up nat. You'd choose a 31 year old less talented goalkeeper as our number one, thank god you aren't manager you clearly know nothing about football. 

Bogdan is very good

Shut the fook up you fanny.

Age has nothing to do with it - you pick your best players regardless of age, sexual preference and hair colour.

Not that you've been to any games, but let's pretend you have, are you telling me Lonergan hasn't been our best player this season?

13Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 12:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

y2johnny wrote:
Fair enough, but against good opposition on Saturday he did really well, so whilst he is number 2 at the moment he has the potential to be a great number 1 once lonergan is finished  i'd be doing everything in my power to keep him, as replacements, especially decent ones, are few and far between.

Bogdan played well on Saturday. But so did Dean Moxey. Doesn't make either of them world beaters.

Bogdan was at fault time and time again under Coyle during our last season in the Prem, his habit of pushing the ball out straight to the feet of strikers cost us 4 or 5 goals.

Decent keeper, but shit under pressure.

14Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 12:03

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Shut the fuck up nat. You'd choose a 31 year old less talented goalkeeper as our number one, thank god you aren't manager you clearly know nothing about football. 

Bogdan is very good

Shut the fook up you fanny.

Age has nothing to do with it - you pick your best players regardless of age, sexual preference and hair colour.

Not that you've been to any games, but let's pretend you have, are you telling me Lonergan hasn't been our best player this season?

I chose not to spend my money on the dross freedman served up but I am certain I've been to more games than you.

Lonergan has been in decent form I'll give you that but that doesn't make you a good player just look at elmander. 

If bogdan wasn't the better goalkeeper then lennon would not be desperate to keep hold of him. AL's form won't last

15Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 12:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

Lonergan has been in decent form I'll give you that but that doesn't make you a good player just look at elmander. 

If bogdan wasn't the better goalkeeper then lennon would not be desperate to keep hold of him. AL's form won't last

So Bogdan is the better keeper but Lennon picks Lonergan?

Elmander was never in decent form for Bolton, I don't understand that point.

16Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 12:12

Bogdan's performed well over the last couple of years, I'm struggling to think of any mistakes in the last 18 months and that's a testament to him and the improved confidence he had under Freedman. People forget how he was thrown in the deep end as a young keeper, but he's ironed out some mistakes and really commands his area now, more so than Lonergan who's a great shot stopper but that's about it I'm afraid.

You need to back up your argument and show how he hasn't improved with mistakes over the past 18 months Nat. You're an entertaining poster but we all know you're an awful judge of talent.

17Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 12:13

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:

So Bogdan is the better keeper but Lennon picks Lonergan?

Elmander was never in decent form for Bolton, I don't understand that point.

He can't drop lonergan without a reason, as soon as his form dips the better goalkeeper will return.

18Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 12:19

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

To be fair I'm pretty confident in both keepers. Bogdans made mistakes in the past and so has Lonergan. Lonners went through a phase not so long ago where he cost us a few goals. As long as they learn from them they will be ok. Peter Schmeichel made a few mistakes in his career as will any keeper but it doesn't make them shit.

I get your point Johnny, about having Bogdan there to take over when Lonergans finished but keepers play till 37/38 years old and a keeper of Boggers standard isn't going to sit around at a club like ours waiting 6 or 7 years for a chance. I hope we can keep both for as long as possible but both are to good to be back ups imo.

19Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 12:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:Bogdan's performed well over the last couple of years, I'm struggling to think of any mistakes in the last 18 months and that's a testament to him and the improved confidence he had under Freedman. People forget how he was thrown in the deep end as a young keeper, but he's ironed out some mistakes and really commands his area now, more so than Lonergan who's a great shot stopper but that's about it I'm afraid.

You need to back up your argument and show how he hasn't improved with mistakes over the past 18 months Nat. You're an entertaining poster but we all know you're an awful judge of talent.

Bogdan doesn't command his area any more than Lonergan, and he's a flapper.

But you talk as if shot-stopping counts for nothing, Lonergan has been exceptional at times this season, regularly keeping us in games.

We're currently on our best defensive run for over 6 years - and you'd drop the goalkeeper?

20Contracts Empty Re: Contracts Tue Jan 27 2015, 12:22

I think Bogdan proved he's as good a shot stopper as Lonergan against Liverpool, if not better. He used to flap at crosses yes, but that's part of the improvement I've seen in him this season. Lonergan doesn't command his area well, I don't think he has the same presence as Bogdan.

I've never said I'd drop Lonergan at the moment, but he's far from the Neuer you try to make out. Bogdan's the better keeper both short and long term. He'll go on to prove that at another club I'm sure.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum