Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New Contracts - Luke Matheson and Conor Carty

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good news that, i'm hoping Matheson can push on and provide cover for Dacres Cogley.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

New Contracts - Luke Matheson and Conor Carty 17570147

Luke Matheson has thanked Wanderers for giving him time to ‘reset’ his career.

The 21-year-old wing-back signed a new contract with Bolton yesterday which keeps him with the club until 2025.

Matheson signed on a free transfer in the summer after a three-year stay with Premier League Wolves which was wrecked by a string of ankle, knee and hamstring injuries.

Having seen the £1million move to Molineux turn sour, and a handful of loan moves also fail to work out, Matheson was at a crossroads when he arrived on trial during a pre-season game at Longridge.

Needing time to build-up his body again after so long out, he agreed to work with the B Team. And in the past few months his physical improvement has allowed him to play four cup games at first team level, earning a new deal.

“To actually put pen to paper, to feel wanted, means the world to me,” he told the club.

“It was only three months ago I was only on trial here for the B Team, so to sign a full contract extension now and be a part of the first team squad here in such a short period of time, I just have to say thank you to everyone who has been here, accepted me, accepted where I came from and that I had to press reset on my career.

“I acknowledged that from the moment I came back from the surgeries. But thank you for everyone who took their time with me and were patient with me, allowed me to find myself again and become the player I was, the one I showed I could be when I played my football before I was here.”

Conor Carty has also committed his future to 2025 after completing a successful loan deal with Irish club St Patrick’s.

The striker – who also arrived at the club via Wolves – had already played and scored at first team level before heading to Dublin, where he helped the club lift the FAI Cup in front of a packed house at Aviva Stadium in November.

“I am really happy to sign a new deal – it was something I wanted to do when I first came in, so I am happy to get it done,” he said of the contract.

“I really enjoyed the move. Playing men’s football was something I really needed, so going and getting that experience really helped. It worked out and ended up being a good loan in the end.

“That final was probably the biggest stadium I have played in during my career so far – and a big day for my family as well.”

Source

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum