Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Keep Off The Roads

+7
scottjames30
boltonbonce
karlypants
Bollotom2014
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
Bwfc1958
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 12:35

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I meant old codger

42Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 12:35

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 2norfolk

43Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 18:23

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If i see some wanker trying to get past me on the left I move over to block the fucker in.

44Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 18:30

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:I have a mate who is 25 stone and a keen cyclist. He wears the "Fat Lad at the Back" branded cycling gear and unsurprisingly is always at the back whenever I see them on the road. But I'm sure Whittam brought up tractors and horses for my benefit as they are the bane of my life at times. 

Our village is always knee-deep in horse shit. Being a country lad I always treat horse riders with deference and slow to a crawl whenever there's one on the road - and I don't mind that so much apart from the fit woman from the Haflinger stud farm who never acknowledges that I've slowed down. Every other horse rider shows a bit of gratitude but not this stuck up bint. At best, she removes her helmet, tosses her hair and pushes her chest out whilst replacing the hat. Very tempted to give her a big blast of my horn (sic) next time she does that. Totally agree they should have the same responsibility as dog owners vis a vis crap cleaning.

Anyone who's been, or attempted to go to Norfolk must have experienced the tractor jam, possibly on the A17 across Lincolnshire as a permanent traffic jam lines up behind the agricultural vehicle of the hour. 60 miles of single lane road in the tractor capital of the UK does not make for efficient driving. The Highway Code clause 169 says that slow moving vehicles (tractors have a 20 mph limit on the highway) should pull in rather than hold up a long queue and yet it looks like farmers haven't read it. 
Worse still, at certain times of year they drag piles of mud all over the country lanes around here which is an absolute nightmare for riding a motorbike. They may have a job to do but they could be a damn sight more considerate and clean up their shit after themselves. Probably the same bastards that have the horses.

And finally, caravans. Stop bringing them to Norfolk please.

And the A47, also Thetford roundabout. Blooming holiday Saturdays you can't move for boats, caravans and cars. Used to be such a nice place. Much better than Suffolk.  Twisted Evil

45Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 20:23

I drove through milton keynes today (i was working there, in chelmsford now) and in half an hour i hit 30 round abouts.  Yes i counted.

Speaking of Norfolk,  thats where i am on thursday

46Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 20:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are a lot of armchairs in Norfolk.

47Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 20:26

Im at the port.  Never been in that neck of the woods.  Got a banjo and a false finger to try and blend in

48Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 20:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:There are a lot of armchairs in Norfolk.
Very Happy

49Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 20:31

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 5303495074_c79e4aa02c_b

50Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 20:33

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Get orf my land! Very Happy

51Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 20:36

y2johnny wrote:I drove through milton keynes today (i was working there, in chelmsford now) and in half an hour i hit 30 round abouts.  Yes i counted.

Weird vibe in MK brought on by the odd layout.

House, Roundabout, House, B&Q, House, House, Roundabout, House, Petrol Station, House, House, Roundabout, Ice Rink, House, House, Roundabout, etc...

Very odd.

52Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 20:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Knowing my luck I would end up going round them all and not get off on the right junction. Very Happy

53Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Tue May 24 2016, 20:40

Its built on a grid system. And the only thing weirder than the place is self is the folk

54Keep Off The Roads - Page 3 Empty Re: Keep Off The Roads Wed May 25 2016, 00:20

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I got stuck on a big bastard roundabout near Birmingham the last time I came home to the UK. Couldn't get off the bugger and ended up going around it 5 times before I plucked up courage to force my way off it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum