Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST

+4
Reebok Trotter
largehat
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Mon Jul 02 2012, 16:42

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Blackburn have signed Leon Best.

I think thats a terrific pick up for the championship.

2"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Mon Jul 02 2012, 17:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Leon Best is finalising his £2.3million switch to Blackburn from Newcastle - and Steve Kean hopes to sign a trio of Portuguese players to join the striker.

Best is due to undergo a medical at Brockhall, having agreed terms with Rovers.

Kean is also talking to Fabio Nunes, Nuno Gomes and Adrien Silva about teaming up with Best at Ewood Park.

Left winger Nunes is available for a nominal fee from Portimonese, having spent last season on loan at Parma.

The 19-year-old is understood to have agreed personal terms with Rovers and is also due to have a medical.

Veteran hitman Gomes, who is 36 this week, could be joining Nunes at Blackburn and the club are believed to have agreed terms with the free agent over the weekend.

Silva could cost around £3million from Sporting Lisbon and the Portuguese Under-21 international has attracted interest from Porto and Marseille.

Best, who joined the Magpies in a £1.2million switch from Coventry in February 2010, found his chances last season limited by injury and the form of Demba Ba and Papiss Cisse.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/newcastle-striker-leon-best-set-1111691

3"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Mon Jul 02 2012, 17:29

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Blackburn retarded for going down and then investing big money in players. Why didn't they do it sooner if they had the money?

4"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Mon Jul 02 2012, 18:11

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:Blackburn retarded for going down and then investing big money in players. Why didn't they do it sooner if they had the money?

Where have Blackburn suddenly got all this money from ? Last time I read they still hadn't settled up their loan that the Venky's took out with Barclays.

5"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Mon Jul 02 2012, 22:07

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
largehat wrote:Blackburn retarded for going down and then investing big money in players. Why didn't they do it sooner if they had the money?

Where have Blackburn suddenly got all this money from ? Last time I read they still hadn't settled up their loan that the Venky's took out with Barclays.

Was the loan Libor based?

6"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 08:47

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

fucking bastards!
maybe im wrong and they are gonna rip the championship up this season Shocked

coyle/gartside... WHY THE FUCK ARE WE NOT GOING IN FOR THESE PLAYERS YOU STUPID CUNTS!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

7"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 09:29

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:fucking bastards!

coyle/gartside... WHY THE FUCK ARE WE NOT GOING IN FOR THESE PLAYERS YOU STUPID CUNTS!!!!!!! Twisted Evil

Because we have an owner with only a limited amount of funds and we cannot afford to needlessly buy players.

Who knows Blackburn are buying these players, Steve Kean is still their useless manager - could be another Leeds United!!!

8"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 10:06

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:

Because we have an owner with only a limited amount of funds and we cannot afford to needlessly buy players.

Who knows Blackburn are buying these players, Steve Kean is still their useless manager - could be another Leeds United!!!

what?

so we can afford to spend nearly 3 million on a player like Andrews but cant afford the 2 million that Blackburn paid for best?

9"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 11:22

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:

what?

so we can afford to spend nearly 3 million on a player like Andrews but cant afford the 2 million that Blackburn paid for best?

He may be 2million but what about the signing on fee, and most importantly his wages for the length of the contract! How much more will Best be earning per week compared to Andrews and then work out how much, in total, the cost of each wage for the respective length of their contracts.

10"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 12:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They are astute signings from the look of it. Time will tell, but my initial feeling is that I'm with RR on this one.

11"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 12:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think Best is a good singing for Rovers but i don't think we need to get our knickers in a twist.

We have Ngog, We have Sordell and Davo, we also have people who can play as a second striker like Mark Davies, CYL and Eagles, we also have the young guys O Halloran and Eaves who might get a look in depending on their pre season performance.

I would argue that all of them people are better or have the potential to be better than Leon Best

12"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 12:44

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I'm not exactly worried by Blackburns signings to be honest, Best is a decent player for this league but Nuno Gomes is past his sell by date.

We still have the best midfield in the league IMO and at least we know our manager has a record of getting teams out of this league with a lesser side than ours.

13"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 12:44

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I think Best is a good singing for Rovers but i don't think we need to get our knickers in a twist.

We have Ngog, We have Sordell and Davo, we also have people who can play as a second striker like Mark Davies, CYL and Eagles, we also have the young guys O Halloran and Eaves who might get a look in depending on their pre season performance.

I would argue that all of them people are better or have the potential to be better than Leon Best

'POTENTIAL' being the dominant word in that sentence...

im sick of people saying our squad has 'potential' why cant we have a squad we KNOW is good enough instead of hoping and praying?

14"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 12:48

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm not exactly worried by Blackburns signings to be honest, Best is a decent player for this league but Nuno Gomes is past his sell by date.

We still have the best midfield in the league IMO and at least we know our manager has a record of getting teams out of this league with a lesser side than ours.

we will have the best midfield in the league come the start of the season... I agree with this.

but once the club see the $$$ signs after 6 months and lee, Holden and Mark Davies have left... we wont have Rolling Eyes

15"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 12:59

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
aaron_bwfc wrote:I'm not exactly worried by Blackburns signings to be honest, Best is a decent player for this league but Nuno Gomes is past his sell by date.

we will have the best midfield in the league come the start of the season... I agree with this.

but once the club see the $$$ signs after 6 months and lee, Holden and Mark Davies have left... we wont have Rolling Eyes

Lets try a bit of positive thinking RR! Very Happy

We will be 1st by that time and come will be comfortabley promoted by the end of January..........

16"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:03

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

hopefully...

im having a bad day today, Larghat will be reminding me to take my medication soon Laughing

17"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:16

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok_Rebel wrote:hopefully...

im having a bad day today, Larghat will be reminding me to take my medication soon Laughing

Ha, ha, good old Rebel.

I do think you've got a bit over excited this morning bud.

Leon Best is decent but he's no world beater and I wouldn't swap either Ngog or Sordell for him personally.

Nuno Gomes is 36 and was released by Braga at the end of last season. He could be a Youri Djorkaeff type figure for Blackburn or he could be a Robbie Blake. Hard to know how that one will go.

You have to bear in mind Blackburn are ultimately replacing their best players - Hoilett, Nzonzi and Yakubu with these guys, whereas we still have our best players from last season.

18"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:27

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

cant argue with the perspective there with regards to the best players.

I'm fearing us not having our best players though come the start of the season, M Davies is already being unsettled by Liverpool and its only a matter of time before the rest of the fucking dirty vultures start circling lee and Holden...

I think im frustrated with the fact that Bburn are looking like they WANT to win the league and will buy the players to do it.

were as, we are hoping to spend next to nothing, only really invest (most of the time - I know Andrews is about 30) money in young players we can sell on, thus have to replace them...

Bburn look like they want it and will strive to get it.
Bolton look like they are simply 'hoping' we can do it.

19"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't believe the signing of Leon Best has sparked such a reaction.

I would understand if they'd pulled off a massive coup like a loan of Nani or something but come on.

20"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:41

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Rebel, if Holden, Lee and Mark Davies had already gone, we'd have pocketed something like £15m for the three. Coyle would probably have £10m of that to spend. So then, we would be in the situation Blackburn have found themselves in. Of course they are spending some money, they do want to get promoted, but they have been run into the ground financially by the new owners, who haven't got a bottomless pit of cash. I'd be more concerned about Leicester's financial clout if I were going to get excited about someone else outspending us.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum