Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST

+4
Reebok Trotter
largehat
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST - Page 2 Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 13:46

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

largehat wrote:Rebel, if Holden, Lee and Mark Davies had already gone, we'd have pocketed something like £15m for the three. Coyle would probably have £10m of that to spend. So then, we would be in the situation Blackburn have found themselves in. Of course they are spending some money, they do want to get promoted, but they have been run into the ground financially by the new owners, who haven't got a bottomless pit of cash. I'd be more concerned about Leicester's financial clout if I were going to get excited about someone else outspending us.

I do fear Leicester...and wolves too.

I still stand by the theory that money is relative to how successful your club is.

Look at city and chelsea for recent examples.

QPR and West Ham more or less spent there way out of the championship recently.

its simple, I fear if we dont spend, other clubs will, thus they will have better players and be a better team for it.

Bolton refuse to spend...we dont come up.

yes, im nearly back to calling coyle a tight Scottish twat again. Shocked

22"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST - Page 2 Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 14:01

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There's a difference between "refusing" and not being able to.

Go to the car lot and try buy a BMW with £40 and see how you get on.

23"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST - Page 2 Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 14:03

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:There's a difference between "refusing" and not being able to.

there was money 'available' last season hipster - we know this, but coyle openly REFUSED to spend any of it due to being Scottish...

24"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST - Page 2 Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 14:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I think you're being naive if you believed Coyle when he said he'd had money to spend in January but decided not to. I think that was a bit of PR. In March, Eddie had to put more money in.

25"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST - Page 2 Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 15:09

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:There's a difference between "refusing" and not being able to.

there was money 'available' last season hipster - we know this, but coyle openly REFUSED to spend any of it due to being Scottish...

I don't see what him being Scottish has to do with it, if you've got a deep seated hatred of Scots fair enough, but not wanting to spend is just rubbish.

Coyle put large bids (for us) in for Zaha and Williams and they were both turned down.

thought to be 7 million and 6 million, thats 13 million.

You can't kidnap players I'm afraid.

26"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST - Page 2 Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 15:30

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster...

the 'Scottish' thing was a joke... I suggest you read...

this first...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joke

then this...

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/94856-the-scottish-are-so-tight-with-their-money/

Lighten up... Laughing I know im not 'PC' enough for you, but come on...

27"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST - Page 2 Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 15:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But he isn't tight with his money?

he attempted to spend 13 million on young players and was knocked back.

Simple.

28"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST - Page 2 Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 15:53

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:But he isn't tight with his money?

he attempted to spend 13 million on young players and was knocked back.

Simple.

proof of this?

or is it just more spin people like you fall for becasue its 'positive'?

29"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST - Page 2 Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 16:07

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

30"Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST - Page 2 Empty Re: "Promotion" Rivals swoop for BEST Tue Jul 03 2012, 16:25

I'd take Best over any of our strikers bar Sordell, he's a decent signing, when he played for Newcastle I thought he looked good and should do well playing every week at this level. That said he's not as good as Yakubu who they've lost. I'll be happier once N'zonzi's found a new club too. Murphy's a really good signing, I wish we'd got him, but Nuno Gomes is 36 in a couple of days, I don't know what wage he'd be on but I don't think its a great signing by any stretch.

As for the Coyle is tight view, I wouldn't agree with that yet, but I do thing they need to spend a little money over the summer if we are to have a strong enough squad. If he wants to play 4-4-2 we need a decent replacement for Holden (assuming he'll spend some time on the sidelines) without him I still think we're weak there.

Mills on loan is a very clever bit of business I'm impressed by that, and relatively surprised Leicester were willing to do it, considering many class us as Leicester's biggest rivals for promotion.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum