Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Mark Beevers - OFFICIALLY a Wanderer

+8
Natasha Whittam
Boggersbelief
Cajunboy
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
finlaymcdanger
BoltonTillIDie
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Mark Beevers - OFFICIALLY a Wanderer Empty Mark Beevers - OFFICIALLY a Wanderer Sun Jul 03 2016, 15:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Tweets from Iles in the last hour -

Beevers was in for a medical this morning at #bwfc - waiting on confirmation but looks like he'll be the second signing in three days...

He will be on the Sweden trip and had also been chased by Bradford City, Charlton Athletic and Millwall (who wanted to keep him).

Was hoping that would save for the paper - but such is life...

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just been confirmed Beevers has signed on a 2 year deal

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

My Wednesday mate thinks 'Beevs' is a great signing for us.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

In my opinion we have signed two terrific players for this level and probably the level above too, people keep doubting the new ownership but after maybe one or two rash statements they are quietly going about their business nicely.

whatsgoingon wrote:In my opinion we have signed two terrific players for this level and probably the level above too, people keep doubting the new ownership but after maybe one or two rash statements they are quietly going about their business nicely.

Yep agreed, picking up the right sort of player at the minute.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully he'll put 100% in.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I believe all the Beevers are very industrious,

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Parkinson lands Beevers as second new Wanderers signing

PHIL Parkinson beat his former club Bradford City to the signing of defender Mark Beevers, and insists: “He’s the perfect fit for us.”

Hot on the heels of Chris Taylor’s arrival on Friday night, the Wanderers boss fought off three League One rivals to capture 6ft 4ins centre half Beevers today.

Charlton Athletic and Sheffield United had also expressed an interest in the 26-year-old, who has more than 300 league and cup appearances under his belt.

Parkinson tried to sign Beevers last January at Valley Parade but was priced out of a deal. Speaking to The Bolton News, the Wanderers boss reckons his arrival is a significant step in the right direction for the club.

“I’m really, really pleased with the signing,” he said. “He gives us another option at the back, he’s left-sided, a good age and he’s a player who we feel has got the best years ahead of him.

“I wasn’t surprised at all that he had a lot of suitors over the last few weeks – but we’re pleased he’s coming to join Bolton.

“You need character in a League One team but then you do at any level of the game. You need only look at the Euros right now and see how the Welsh defenders are going about their business. Mark has got a lot of experience in the Championship and this level, so we feel he’ll be a really good acquisition.

“It gives the back four a nice balanced feeling.”

After a long wait for new recruits, Wanderers fans had two signings to celebrate in one weekend after the signings of Chris Taylor and Beevers were confirmed by the club.

“That’s two good signings to kick us off,” he said. “They are both hungry and determined to play their part in building things back up at the club.

“I feel they will be very good additions.”

Both Beevers and Taylor boast a significant level of Football League experience but Parkinson insists balancing his squad out is his main purpose in pre-season.

“We’re looking across the board,” he said. “If a player is good enough and fits into the balance of the squad and he’s within the budget, then we’ll try to get him. Age and experience isn’t really the biggest issue for me.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Out of the three touted those were the two I was most excited about, I don't know much about Proctor but it didn't excite me him joining. Unlike many I believe Madine could be in for a big season and with a clean slate and a manager he respects could do a good job. With some pace around him with Clayton and Woolery we look like we will pose a threat.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

DAM fine signing!!

See what I did there!!

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:DAM fine signing!!

See what I did there!!

Yeah, you copied my joke

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Boggersbelief wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:DAM fine signing!!

See what I did there!!

Yeah, you copied my joke
That's whole dam thing is a bit obvious I went down the path of Beevers being industrious (busy as a beaver)
I little more high brow one feels

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:I believe Madine could be in for a big season

lol!

You bellend.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm also sure Taylor will help to stitch the team together and is well suited for life at The Macron.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

lol!

You bellend.

Show us your beever

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

finlaymcdanger wrote:My Wednesday mate thinks 'Beevs' is a great signing for us.

'made his debut at 18 and everyone said he would play for England. ultimately, playing in shit teams ruined him but he is definitely a championship level center back no problem'

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

lol!

You bellend.
Show us your bellend Nat

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Cajunboy wrote:I'm also sure Taylor will help to stitch the team together and is well suited for life at The Macron.
Oh dear, this kind of humour doesn't suit you

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

good signing i think, things starting to look up now for the first time in a very long time

If Madine doesn't bag 15-20 goals this season he should be publicly flogged and put in stocks on the town hall steps

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:good signing i think, things starting to look up now for the first time in a very long time

If Madine doesn't bag 15-20 goals this season he should be publicly flogged and put in stocks on the town hall steps
If he does than Nat should

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum