Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Kell Brook v Golovkin

+7
wanderlust
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
scottjames30
whatsgoingon
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

21Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Tue Sep 06 2016, 17:31

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bump!

The fight is on Saturday at 10.00pm

22Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Tue Sep 06 2016, 18:14

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I might watch it, i hope KB wins, but can't see it.

23Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Tue Sep 06 2016, 18:28

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Might have a tenner on a KB win on points.

24Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Tue Sep 06 2016, 20:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope KB wins but it's a very tall order.

25Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Wed Sep 07 2016, 10:51

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just remember what GGG did to Macklin, absolutely pulverised him.
I just hope KB is a lot better than Macklin, who is very tough.

26Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Wed Sep 07 2016, 11:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is the fight PPV?

27Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Wed Sep 07 2016, 11:48

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:Is the fight PPV?
Yes it's about £23 I think, it could go down as one of the most expensive in terms of £'s per second.

28Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Wed Sep 07 2016, 11:49

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Is the fight PPV?
Yes it's about £23 I think, it could go down as one of the most expensive in terms of £'s per second.
Too much for a procession.

29Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 08:30

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I just can't see Brook winning, can you?

I think it could be over in the first round.

Still putting £20.00 on him though.

30Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 09:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't back Golovkin at 1/7,so I'll have a few quid on him.It's a big ask,but what an opportunity for the lad.

31Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 11:23

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:Can't back Golovkin at 1/7,so I'll have a few quid on him.It's a big ask,but what an opportunity for the lad.
My son had a fiver on GGG in round 3 at about 14-1, it's the only way it's worth backing him. Can see it taking a similar path to Khan Caneles where he lets him box for a couple of rounds then starts to hunt him down, and when he does that's the end of it IMO

32Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 11:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Round by round betting is probably the way to go. Might look at that myself.

33Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 11:29

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just stuck a tenner on Utd to win 3-0, Celtic to win and KB to knock out GGG in the sixth round.

34Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 12:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I was surprised to see Brook going up two weight divisions and coming to the scales half a pound heavier than Golovkin. Seems like he's had to push it to find a competitive weight which can't be good. Still don't get why Brook took the fight. people tend to go up to higher weight divisions when the champion is perceived as weak and beatable, but Golovkin is one guy that can't be taken lightly.
The guy's a machine and unless Brook has seen something that he thinks he can exploit, he'll get battered.

35Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 12:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

They said the same when Leornard went up the weights to fight Hagler.

He still won though!

Brook is no Leonard though.

I guess the game plan is to be quicker than Golovkin and not mix it with him.

In many ways it is a no lose scenario for Brook as he's not expected to win, so no pressure on him other to give a fairly acceptable performance - running and hiding won't enhance his future match-ups if he wants to break into the American prime time TV bouts.

Also from Golovkin camps point of view it must be difficult to find realistic boxers wanting to fight him to make a decent fight for the purse to attract the Pay to view audience.  Alvarez gave up his title to avoid him (probably that fight will come in the future though when the demand and thus purse makes it worthwhile for them) and so to Eubank Jr who isn't even a world champ at any weight.  At least Brook is.

It does make some sense for both camps to accept the match up - and shocks do happen from time to time - but you do wonder at the genuineness of some of them though.

I can't see Brook keeping away from Golovkin's power for all the bout so sooner or later he will tire in the match and that's when we will see how much punishment he can take.

I hope Brook wins but I can't see him doing it though.

36Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 12:36

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:I was surprised to see Brook going up two weight divisions and coming to the scales half a pound heavier than Golovkin. Seems like he's had to push it to find a competitive weight which can't be good. Still don't get why Brook took the fight. people tend to go up to higher weight divisions when the champion is perceived as weak and beatable, but Golovkin is one guy that can't be taken lightly.
The guy's a machine and unless Brook has seen something that he thinks he can exploit, he'll get battered.
Agree entirely, the only reason I can think of is ego he obviously thinks he can do it which you have to admire.
I just hope the worst the happens is a bruised ego.

37Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 12:39

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:They said the same when Leornard went up the weights to fight Hagler.

He still won though!

Brook is no Leonard though.

I guess the game plan is to be quicker than Golovkin and not mix it with him.

In many ways it is a no lose scenario for Brook as he's not expected to win, so no pressure on him other to give a fairly acceptable performance - running and hiding won't enhance his future match-ups if he wants to break into the American prime time TV bouts.

Also from Golovkin camps point of view it must be difficult to find realistic boxers wanting to fight him to make a decent fight for the purse to attract the Pay to view audience.  Alvarez gave up his title to avoid him (probably that fight will come in the future though when the demand and thus purse makes it worthwhile for them) and so to Eubank Jr who isn't even a world champ at any weight.  At least Brook is.

It does make some sense for both camps to accept the match up - and shocks do happen from time to time - but you do wonder at the genuineness of some of them though.

I can't see Brook keeping away from Golovkin's power for all the bout so sooner or later he will tire in the match and that's when we will see how much punishment he can take.

I hope Brook wins but I can't see him doing it though.
The problem is GGG is no slouch either he's a very stealthy mover and closes people down well.
Only one outcome for me and it's when and not if

38Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 12:54

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Brook won't last 3 rounds

39Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 17:31

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seen the odds?

This could be the most one sided fight since Haye - Harrison.

40Kell Brook v Golovkin - Page 2 Empty Re: Kell Brook v Golovkin Sat Sep 10 2016, 19:35

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

anyone know any good streaming sites for this? Do't fancy paying 20 odd quid for something that might last 2 minutes (yes you Ricky Hatton)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum