Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie

+5
wanderlust
doffcocker
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
whatsgoingon
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie Thu Jul 14 2016, 22:13

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hopefully I will be proved wrong

22OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie Fri Jul 15 2016, 10:04

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Amos was excellent in his loan period with us which prompted us to sign him. Then last season a dramatic loss in confidence no doubt brought on by the worst defending in living memory. It's easy to scapegoat the goalkeeper where inept defenders are going missing/hiding as he's the last line of defence . Hopefully PP can rectify the problematic defending and build confidence in the keeper. The added pressure and competition following the signing of Mark Howard should ensure both keepers focus which can only be of benefit to us. Last season was a disaster, but as far as i'm concerned all players start with a clean sheet and should be supported fully by those who call themselves fans.
If any players do not come up to expectations then PP can deal with this matter.

:COYW:

23OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie Fri Jul 15 2016, 10:15

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a load of shite. And I'm not just talking about Amos, but the guff written above.

If Amos was flapping at crosses or stuck to his line I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps that sort of thing can be put down to confidence. Should I catch it or punch it. Should I come for the cross or stay on my line.

But Amos simply can't deal with long shots. That's not a confidence thing, it's an ability thing. His only choice is to save it, or let it in.

Once again some bellend (Boggers) trots out the "he'll come good next season" line based on, well, nothing. Because the evidence suggests he will continue letting in long range efforts.

Hopefully Parkinson has signed this new fella to be our number 1, there should be no sentiment regarding the position. I don't want to be 10 games in before Amos is removed, he should be sat on the bench come August and have to fight his way into the team.

24OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie Fri Jul 15 2016, 10:29

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:What a load of shite. And I'm not just talking about Amos, but the guff written above.

If Amos was flapping at crosses or stuck to his line I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, perhaps that sort of thing can be put down to confidence. Should I catch it or punch it. Should I come for the cross or stay on my line.

But Amos simply can't deal with long shots. That's not a confidence thing, it's an ability thing. His only choice is to save it, or let it in.

Once again some bellend (Boggers) trots out the "he'll come good next season" line based on, well, nothing. Because the evidence suggests he will continue letting in long range efforts.

Hopefully Parkinson has signed this new fella to be our number 1, there should be no sentiment regarding the position. I don't want to be 10 games in before Amos is removed, he should be sat on the bench come August and have to fight his way into the team.
Defenders worth their metal can block shots from outside the box! The only one who put his life on the line recently was probably Matt Mills. Amen

25OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie Fri Jul 15 2016, 10:33

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Barryjw wrote:
Defenders worth their metal can block shots from outside the box! The only one who put his life on the line recently was probably Matt Mills. Amen

Get real. Most of those goals were just run-of-the-mill shots that you see 15 times in every game across the world. Probably about 0.0001% of them go in.

About 50% of them seemed to go in against us.

The defence was shit, totally agree on that, but no professional goalkeeper should be being regularly beaten from long distance regardless if who is in front of him.

26OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie Fri Jul 15 2016, 12:21

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Barryjw wrote:

Get real. Most of those goals were just run-of-the-mill shots that you see 15 times in every game across the world. Probably about 0.0001% of them go in.

The defence was shit, totally agree on that, but no professional goalkeeper should be being regularly beaten from long distance regardless if who is in front of him.
Bye Bye, enjoy your life

27OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie Fri Jul 15 2016, 12:29

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Barryjw wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Barryjw wrote:

Bye Bye, enjoy your life
She hasn't got one, just a fictitious existence on here posting hate filled bile to every ones posts and actually never managing a point of view of her own.

28OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie Fri Jul 15 2016, 12:36

Barryjw

Barryjw
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

whatsgoingon wrote:
Barryjw wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:
Barryjw wrote:

Bye Bye, enjoy your life
She hasn't got one, just a fictitious existence on here posting hate filled bile to every ones posts and actually never managing a point of view of her own.
I agree and will not bother reading the drivel . Have blocked any future postsĀ  :rofl:

29OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie Fri Jul 15 2016, 12:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:

The point is that letting in long range shots is a lack of ability. Was I too subtle for you?

30OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie - Page 2 Empty Re: OFFICIAL - Mark Howard - New Goalie Fri Jul 15 2016, 13:00

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

The point is that letting in long range shots is a lack of ability. Was I too subtle for you?

Just repeating what others say followed by ponce or worst player ever or bell end, you're a one trick pony try and add some substance to your posts.
They're all just shallow and repetitive, you're a joke!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum