Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tyson Fury - Drug Cheat?

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Tyson Fury - Drug Cheat? Empty Tyson Fury - Drug Cheat? Wed Aug 03 2016, 22:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

British world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury is to face a UK Anti-Doping (Ukad) charge alleging the presence of a banned substance.

Fury was provisionally suspended in June, though that has been lifted pending a hearing, Ukad has revealed.

The 27-year-old had said on Tuesday he would sue the organisation over claims he used a performance-enhancing substance.

Fury's cousin and fellow boxer Hughie has also been charged.

The Sunday Mirror reported on 26 June that traces of banned substance nandrolone were found in a urine sample taken from Fury in February 2015.

He denied the claim and his legal team says the result of tests from March and May 2015 were contradictory.

Fury beat Ukrainian Wladimir Klitschko to win the WBA and WBO heavyweight titles in November.

Ukad said its statement was in response to comments from Tyson Fury and his team.

A spokeswoman said: "UK Anti-Doping can confirm that both boxers were charged on 24 June, 2016 with presence of a prohibited substance."

Fury announced on 24 June that he was pulling out of a planned Klitschko rematch, scheduled for 9 July, saying he had injured his ankle in training.

The charges will be considered at a hearing of the independent National Anti-Doping Panel on a date to be confirmed.

On Tuesday, Fury's legal team said proceedings had been issued in the High Court.

"The two boxers strenuously deny taking any performance-enhancing drugs," said lawyer Lewis Power.

"However, during the last five weeks leaks about these charges have appeared in the press and both boxers have been the targets of continual abusive language on Twitter."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/36970816

2Tyson Fury - Drug Cheat? Empty Re: Tyson Fury - Drug Cheat? Wed Aug 03 2016, 22:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Fury's cousin and fellow boxer Hughie has also been charged.

Since Hughie turned Pro he has been fighting on terrestrial TV and his chest and torso was covered in spots. A classic example of steroid abuse is displayed by Body builders who use a steroid called Winstrol. Their skin breaks out in spots. 

I'm no gambler but I wouldn't be surprised if Hughie has had a dabble.

3Tyson Fury - Drug Cheat? Empty Re: Tyson Fury - Drug Cheat? Thu Aug 04 2016, 08:41

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think they're trying to set them up, I don't think they can handle a gypsy being the best fighter in the world, first they ban him, then they lift the ban and say he can fight.

They don't have a clue what they're doing.
They want to test all them Tour De France riding cheats, not professional athletes like Tyson Fury

4Tyson Fury - Drug Cheat? Empty Re: Tyson Fury - Drug Cheat? Thu Aug 04 2016, 09:26

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

scottjames30 wrote:I think they're trying to set them up, I don't think they can handle a gypsy being the best fighter in the world, first they ban him, then they lift the ban and say he can fight.

They don't have a clue what they're doing.
They want to test all them Tour De France riding cheats, not professional athletes like Tyson Fury
lol!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum