Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Would you like to punch a goth?

+4
largehat
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 14:12

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

These guys certainly did

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2170981/Attacked-goth-Thugs-left-girl-unable-smile-following-savage-attack-jailed.html

I honestly find it baffling that someone who choses to dress a little different is subjected to this kind of abuse.

How can seeing someone with an extra item of black clothing make your blood boil that much?

is being mentally deficient to blame for this or is it the booze?

2Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 14:21

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A goth was killed in a Lancashire park last year by a couple of pissheads. They should be a protected species.

3Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 14:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When I was at University the goths had their own corner of the campus, known as "Gotham City". You didn't go there after dark.

4Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 14:27

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Having read the Daily Mail article, it is far from an established fact that the girl was attacked for being a goth.

5Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 14:31

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

even if you take the "goth" out of it, what would compel two middle aged men to kick the shit out of a young woman?

I don't think i've ever seen a crime of this sort where the culprit isn't a pissed up chav.

forget minimum pricing, i think banning chavs from drinking might ease the pressure on our police force.

6Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 14:46

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:even if you take the "goth" out of it, what would compel two middle aged men to kick the shit out of a young woman?

I don't think i've ever seen a crime of this sort where the culprit isn't a pissed up chav.

But there's a quote from a defence barrister saying that the defendant had been drinking.

7Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 14:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

... one of the culprits had 77 priors.

Even if a completely pissed up young woman hurled abuse at me the last thing i would do is kick her to a pulp.

I might tell her do one at a push, but I'd be more likely to move seats.

8Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 14:52

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Its only the English culture where it seems to happen - why is that. Even the chaviest of chavs here in Holland have respect for other people and property, in the majority. Even the Scots and the Welsh are nowhere near as bad!!!

9Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 15:02

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

bwfc71 wrote:Its only the English culture where it seems to happen - why is that. Even the chaviest of chavs here in Holland have respect for other people and property, in the majority. Even the Scots and the Welsh are nowhere near as bad!!!

So people only get beaten up for their appearance in England do they? That's what you're saying?

10Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 15:10

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

largehat wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Its only the English culture where it seems to happen - why is that. Even the chaviest of chavs here in Holland have respect for other people and property, in the majority. Even the Scots and the Welsh are nowhere near as bad!!!

So people only get beaten up for their appearance in England do they? That's what you're saying?

If thats the way you want to read then sure enough!

But beating people up for nothing does seem to happen more in England than any other British nation, or even most of the European nations. There was also an incident reported on NWT yesterday about a woman being beaten up by 2 men on a Metrolink tram, and everyday in the nationals there are often stories about beatings that take place. Something very rarely seen in the papers near me, and if it does appear then the sentacing is much harsher than back in UK.

11Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 15:15

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I certainly agree that we have a problem with 'casual' violence in this country. By 'casual' violence I mean random attacks on strangers with little or no motive or provocation. You're stretching things whenever you use the word 'only' to assimilate a particular crime as exclusive in a particular country.

There are countries in Eastern Europe where there are right wing groups who will beat you up for not being white, and it's a big problem.

A lot of contiguous European politicians spent the 1970s, 80s and 90s trying to con the rest of the world that football hooliganism was an exclusively English disease - they are pretty quiet nowadays aren't they?

Holland is, I don't doubt, a lot more peaceful nation than the UK, but there are a lot of problems out there.

12Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 16:05

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lets be honest, who hasn't been a victim of verbal abuse when they're walking home from work, or have just nipped down the shop.

I don't mean every time, i just mean it's not uncommon.

It's unprovoked and it's pathetic and 99% of the time it's caused by alcohol.

13Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 16:11

Hipster_Nebula wrote:lets be honest, who hasn't been a victim of verbal abuse when they're walking home from work, or have just nipped down the shop.

I don't mean every time, i just mean it's not uncommon.

It's unprovoked and it's pathetic and 99% of the time it's caused by alcohol.

I was walking past Spar the other night and there were four lads stood outside, aged about 14 or 15. As I passed they called me a dickhead and started laughing.

I wish I was the sort of person who could turn around, twat the lot of them and walk away without a care in the world, but I'm not and neither are most people. And these scumbags know that.

14Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 16:13

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Alcohol is not only to blame, and to be fair I honestly would not put it as the main reason. The Scots drink more than the English but there are less "casual" attacks. Even the French, German and Dutch drink a hell of a lot more than the English, but again "casual" attacks are not as commonplace. For me it is the culture, as well as lack of respect and strong punishment, more than anything else.

If you banned alcohol, I wouldn't be surprised if the attacks continued and then something else would get the blame such as caffeine or cocoa.

It is just like saying that the summer riots last year were alcohol induced!!!

15Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 16:17

bwfc71 wrote:Alcohol is not only to blame, and to be fair I honestly would not put it as the main reason. The Scots drink more than the English but there are less "casual" attacks. Even the French, German and Dutch drink a hell of a lot more than the English, but again "casual" attacks are not as commonplace. For me it is the culture, as well as lack of respect and strong punishment, more than anything else.

If you banned alcohol, I wouldn't be surprised if the attacks continued and then something else would get the blame such as caffeine or cocoa.

What evidence do you have that the French, Germans and Dutch drink more than the English? I'd suggest you just made that one up.

You are right to an extent though that the problem is not solely based on alcohol, it is also cultural.

Nobody said the summer riots last year were caused by alcohol by the way.

16Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 16:27

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

bwfc1874 wrote:
bwfc71 wrote:Alcohol is not only to blame, and to be fair I honestly would not put it as the main reason. The Scots drink more than the English but there are less "casual" attacks. Even the French, German and Dutch drink a hell of a lot more than the English, but again "casual" attacks are not as commonplace. For me it is the culture, as well as lack of respect and strong punishment, more than anything else.

What evidence do you have that the French, Germans and Dutch drink more than the English? I'd suggest you just made that one up.

You are right to an extent though that the problem is not solely based on alcohol, it is also cultural.

Nobody said the summer riots last year were caused by alcohol by the way.

After spending almost 6 years in Amsterdam and seeing many nationals drink, especially when they are in groups I can summarise as such....

Germans have a laugh when drinking and cause virtually no problems

Same with the French and Spanish

The one of two group of nationals that seem intent on starting fights in bars, clubs and even outside for no apparent reason do, in the majority of cases, seem to be the English. The other group being from the former Yugoslavian countries - but in the main they are less in numbers than the English, and only seem to go for each other, unlike the English !!!

Even the Scots, when drunk, don't cause as many problems, in fact when a groups of Scots are drunk its actually more fun to be around, than with the English!

I used the last summers riots as an example and know that no one actually used it, yet!

17Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 16:33

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've had far less bad experiences in Scotland than i did in England.

Edinburgh is always a decent atmosphere, the royal mile is always buzzing on the weekend with live music.

Glasgow on the other hand....

worst city in England for me is Coventry, an absolute hell hole IMO and i've had a few bad experiences there.

18Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 16:36

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

worst city in England for me is Coventry, an absolute hell hole IMO and i've had a few bad experiences there.

What did you do to upset the folk of Coventry>

19Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 16:38

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have no idea...

20Would you like to punch a goth? Empty Re: Would you like to punch a goth? Tue Jul 10 2012, 18:43

Mo

David Lee
David Lee

two many people in england is drink to much alcohol and look for troble. goth people is not look nice but is no need for abuse.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum