Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 MK Dons - Match Report Post #63

+20
gloswhite
doffcocker
bryan458
Cajunboy
Fabians Right Peg
Norpig
Bread2.0
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
JAH
Keegan
Jack Russell
King Bill
karlypants
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
MartinBWFC
24 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 6]

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Another home game, and a full week to integrate the new players into the squad, given our bad luck in front of goal last week I feel we are due to batter some team soon, not saying it will be these, however I do think we'll beat these.

2-1 Henry.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-1 Madine.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have a feeling we'll dominate possession but shite finishing will kill us.

I might change my mind by Saturday, but right now I'll say 0-1 to MK Dons.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With the new boys having a full week to settle in I am hoping to see an improvement and ideally we'll be the team that Parky envisaged, so with that positivity in mind I'm going to say we'll win two nil.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I still don't think we'll keep a clean sheet but I also don't think that MK Dons will park the bus like Southend so we'll score. I reckon we'll win 3-1 and we'll start to see us looking more dangerous.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ref watch: Peter Bankes to oversee MK Dons visit

Peter Bankes will officiate Wanderers’ Sky Bet League One clash with MK Dons at Macron Stadium on Saturday.

He has overseen five matches so far this season, issuing 17 yellow cards and three red.

Bankes’ most recent outing was on August 30, when he was the man in the middle for Carlisle United's 5-4 victory at Oldham Athletic in the Checkatrade Trophy.

His last match in charge of Bolton meanwhile was in September 2015 when the Whites were held to a goalless draw by Sheffield Wednesday in the Sky Bet Championship.

The last time he refereed an MK Dons fixture though was much sooner, coming back in April when they too secured a 0-0 draw with the Owls.

Tony Peart and Paul Hodskinson will run the line, whilst Anthony Moore is the fourth official.

Last Season (2015/16): Games: 30 | Yellows: 102 | Red: 6

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

No reason we shouldn't return to winning ways this week with the new lads having time to prepare properly. I can see us scoring at least one more than them to claim the win.

Jack Russell

Jack Russell
David Lee
David Lee

2 - 1 Bolton Spearing/Anderson.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Flashback: Bolton 3-1 MK Dons

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Madine out for 2 weeks, also Trotter a major doubt for the weekend, thankfully we have decent cover.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:Madine out for 2 weeks, also Trotter a major doubt for the weekend, thankfully we have decent cover.
It's quite a leap to have Clough, Clayton & Madine out and still be able to field an attack from Anderson, Henry, Ameobi, Proctor and Taylor

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Is Clough now permanently injured? No one even bothers to ask when he'll be back.

The ponce.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He is now running in training and Clayton restarts training next week after a successful exploratory knee op, Madine is sidelined for 2 weeks with an aggravated groin which was worse than first expected. Trotter out for at least a week.
ITK

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Preview: Five talking points ahead of Bolton Wanderers v MK Dons

1. Keshi Anderson

A deadline day loan signing from Crystal Palace, the young forward endeared himself to Wanderers supporters immediately by netting a debut strike against Southend United last weekend.

Winning the supporters' man of the match vote on Twitter in the process, the young forward caught the eye with his lively maiden performance and will be keen to set tongues wagging once again if he can produce another impressive display on Saturday.

2. New signings
Having brought in five signings on deadline day, Phil Parkinson handed James Henry a start alongside Anderson last weekend, with Sammy Ameobi also impressing after coming off the substitutes' bench.

Now boasting a further week's training alongside their new team-mates under their belts, the trio will be looking to build on their debut appearances while could Whites fans get a first glimpse of Tom Thorpe on Saturday?

3. Injuries
A groin injury has ruled Gary Madine out of Saturday's clash with MK Dons while Liam Trotter is also doubtful as the duo join the likes of Max Clayton, Zach Clough and Mark Davies on the sidelines.

However, their absences could hand further opportunities to other players in the Bolton squad with Jamie Proctor and Chris Taylor eyeing potential recalls, Ameobi and Thorpe pushing for first starts and Derik Osede closing in on a first team return following injury.

Whatever the starting XI this weekend, the Trotters will be desperate to maintain their current form as they look to build on their positive start to the season.

4. Still unbeaten
Although disappointed not to clinch all three points against Southend last week, Wanderers can be buoyed by another positive display as they extended their unbeaten run in Sky Bet League One to six matches.

Yet to taste defeat in the third tier under Parkinson, the Whites will be keen to ensure that is still the case come 5pm on Saturday!

5. Top of the league!
It may only be September, but it sure does feel good looking at the Sky Bet League One table at the moment! 

Two points clear of second-placed Bradford City, Bolton know what they have to do to retain their place at the head of the third tier ahead of a mouth-watering clash with the Bantams later this month.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Bolton 2 MK Dons 0.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I hope we get back to winning ways, we played well against Southend, more of the same but with ruthless finishing please lads.

COYW

JAH

JAH
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Confident about this one! Think it'll be 3-0 to us all in the first half!

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

This is going to be my first match of the season.  Hope it's a good one.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

BoltonTillIDie wrote:This is going to be my first match of the season.  Hope it's a good one.
Do they normally win when you go, if they do enjoy the game if they don't stay the fuck away.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well I got my first season ticket the season we had our worse start to a season ever, when Dougie was in charge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 6]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum