Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Walsall 1-0 Bolton - Match Report Post #81

+14
Keegan
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
wessy
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
gloswhite
scottjames30
karlypants
rammywhite
Bread2.0
whatsgoingon
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We've not won for 3 games, Spearing is banned, and too many players are bang out of form. Despite that we're still unbeaten and top of the league.

I will be seething if Buxton gets another game. He was fooking appalling against MK Dons, I just hope we have a manager who has the balls to drop shit players and not keep them in the team in the hope they improve. That's a recipe for failure.

Injuries dictate that some bellends will keep their place, but Proctor, Trotter, Henry and Anderson would surely be on the bench if we had a fully fit squad.

We'll lose this, probably 2-1.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

0-3 back to winning ways with a bang.

My first game of the season, so you can all look forward to a decent match report for once.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc1874 wrote:My first game of the season, so you can all look forward to a decent match report for once.

Us proper fans don't need a match report

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I've never liked Buxton and don't believe he offers anything, particularly when paired up with Vela on the right. he sees lots of the ball but the vast majority of times he just gives it back to Vela or whoever gave it him giving the defenders time to set themselves properly.
I think Wilson has had a raw deal because in my opinion he offers far more than Buxton but apparently Thorpe can also play RB so he may be given a chance because if PP thinks Buxton is better than Wilson then there really is little hope for him.
Henry is a very good player and was Wolves player of the year in the championship the season before last so he is worth persevering with, and even though not at full throttle yet still shows enough to believe he can be a big player for us, with Anderson starting against both Southend and MK Dons I wonder if there is some kind of clause in his agreement where he has to play if fit.
Hopefully we'll get Clough, Madine and Clayton back in the next couple of weeks and have options available.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

whatsgoingon wrote:
I think Wilson has had a raw deal because in my opinion he offers far more than Buxton but apparently Thorpe can also play RB so he may be given a chance because if PP thinks Buxton is better than Wilson then there really is little hope for him.
Henry is a very good player and was Wolves player of the year in the championship the season before last so he is worth persevering with, and even though not at full throttle yet still shows enough to believe he can be a big player for us, with Anderson starting against both Southend and MK Dons I wonder if there is some kind of clause in his agreement where he has to play if fit.
Hopefully we'll get Clough, Madine and Clayton back in the next couple of weeks and have options available.

Wilson has definitely had a raw deal, he was our best player against Sheffield Utd then was dropped. I hope we've not got another manager who picks his favourites every week regardless of how they play. Buxton must be dropped for Saturday, he was a fooking liability last weekend.

Hopefully Madine will be fit so Proctor can go back to the sanctuary.

Having seen Henry twice he looks to have no passing ability, no pace, and goes missing for large periods (90 minutes). But I'm sure he'll start at Walsall.

We have absolutely nothing on the wings, Parkinson needs to address that.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:

Wilson has definitely had a raw deal, he was our best player against Sheffield Utd then was dropped. I hope we've not got another manager who picks his favourites every week regardless of how they play. Buxton must be dropped for Saturday, he was a fooking liability last weekend.

Hopefully Madine will be fit so Proctor can go back to the sanctuary.

Having seen Henry twice he looks to have no passing ability, no pace, and goes missing for large periods (90 minutes). But I'm sure he'll start at Walsall.

We have absolutely nothing on the wings, Parkinson needs to address that.

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don't get it.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yeah me neither

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've seen him twice. Twice he's been shite.

Am I not allowed to give an opinion until he's played a certain amount of games?

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Hopefully Madine will be fit 

"Things you thought you'd never read on the internet: No 127!"

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I've seen him twice. Twice he's been shite.

Am I not allowed to give an opinion until he's played a certain amount of games?

He hasn't been shite though. He looked very good on his debut

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:

He hasn't been shite though. He looked very good on his debut

Each to there own. I just thought he had two settings: pass it sideways or to the opposition.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:"Things you thought you'd never read on the internet: No 127!"

True, but unfortunately Proctor can't control a football. Or stay on his feet.

Madine is the best of a very bad bunch.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I don't think Henry has been as bad as you say although he has left room for improvement, but I think when Clough and Clayton get back they will benefit from having better quality players around.
Clayton particularly is capable of very intelligent runs and hopefully when Henry Ameobi and Anderson get up to speed we'll have the guile to find him when he makes them.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

WGO- I doubt that we'll get much from Clayton as he seems to be injury prone. He's like Clough and Mavies- high on promise and low on delivery. I think we'll have to look elsewhere for more diversity and choice amongst the rest of the squad.
Like others I'd like to see Wilson given more game time as he's good going forwards ( though sometimes horrendously out of position) and he can get some decent crosses in. Although we had a lot of crosses against MK Dons and about 95%  of them came to nothing.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

rammywhite wrote:Although we had a lot of crosses against MK Dons and about 95%  of them came to nothing.

True, but there were two problems:

1) They were all poncey floaty crosses, absolutely no pace on any of them.

2) Proctor had his back to goal at all times.

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Although we had a lot of crosses against MK Dons and about 95%  of them came to nothing.

Can't disagree with what you said there.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

rammywhite wrote:WGO- I doubt that we'll get much from Clayton as he seems to be injury prone. He's like Clough and Mavies- high on promise and low on delivery. I think we'll have to look elsewhere for more diversity and choice amongst the rest of the squad.
Like others I'd like to see Wilson given more game time as he's good going forwards ( though sometimes horrendously out of position) and he can get some decent crosses in. Although we had a lot of crosses against MK Dons and about 95%  of them came to nothing.
I'm ever the optimist Rammy and I'm hoping that we have resolved the knee issue with Clayton and we can see the player we suspect him to be.
Sometimes players get rushed back when they've only resolved the symptom and not the problem, Wheater being a good example with his wonky legs which appears to be resolved by wearing an insole.
Hopefully we have found the underlying problem with Clayton and he's ready to go.
Probably setting myself for disappointment but what the hell.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:

add to that the fact that they had interchanged passes 3 or 4 times before actually deciding to cross it, and therefore the defenders had as much time to get set as they would with a corner.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum