You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Walsall 1-0 Bolton - Match Report Post #81

Walsall 1-0 Bolton - Match Report Post #81

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 Walsall 1-0 Bolton - Match Report Post #81 on Tue Sep 13 2016, 13:58

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We've not won for 3 games, Spearing is banned, and too many players are bang out of form. Despite that we're still unbeaten and top of the league.

I will be seething if Buxton gets another game. He was fooking appalling against MK Dons, I just hope we have a manager who has the balls to drop shit players and not keep them in the team in the hope they improve. That's a recipe for failure.

Injuries dictate that some bellends will keep their place, but Proctor, Trotter, Henry and Anderson would surely be on the bench if we had a fully fit squad.

We'll lose this, probably 2-1.

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
0-3 back to winning ways with a bang.

Guest


Guest
My first game of the season, so you can all look forward to a decent match report for once.

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
bwfc1874 wrote:My first game of the season, so you can all look forward to a decent match report for once.

Us proper fans don't need a match report

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I've never liked Buxton and don't believe he offers anything, particularly when paired up with Vela on the right. he sees lots of the ball but the vast majority of times he just gives it back to Vela or whoever gave it him giving the defenders time to set themselves properly.
I think Wilson has had a raw deal because in my opinion he offers far more than Buxton but apparently Thorpe can also play RB so he may be given a chance because if PP thinks Buxton is better than Wilson then there really is little hope for him.
Henry is a very good player and was Wolves player of the year in the championship the season before last so he is worth persevering with, and even though not at full throttle yet still shows enough to believe he can be a big player for us, with Anderson starting against both Southend and MK Dons I wonder if there is some kind of clause in his agreement where he has to play if fit.
Hopefully we'll get Clough, Madine and Clayton back in the next couple of weeks and have options available.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
whatsgoingon wrote:
I think Wilson has had a raw deal because in my opinion he offers far more than Buxton but apparently Thorpe can also play RB so he may be given a chance because if PP thinks Buxton is better than Wilson then there really is little hope for him.
Henry is a very good player and was Wolves player of the year in the championship the season before last so he is worth persevering with, and even though not at full throttle yet still shows enough to believe he can be a big player for us, with Anderson starting against both Southend and MK Dons I wonder if there is some kind of clause in his agreement where he has to play if fit.
Hopefully we'll get Clough, Madine and Clayton back in the next couple of weeks and have options available.

Wilson has definitely had a raw deal, he was our best player against Sheffield Utd then was dropped. I hope we've not got another manager who picks his favourites every week regardless of how they play. Buxton must be dropped for Saturday, he was a fooking liability last weekend.

Hopefully Madine will be fit so Proctor can go back to the sanctuary.

Having seen Henry twice he looks to have no passing ability, no pace, and goes missing for large periods (90 minutes). But I'm sure he'll start at Walsall.

We have absolutely nothing on the wings, Parkinson needs to address that.

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:
whatsgoingon wrote:
I think Wilson has had a raw deal because in my opinion he offers far more than Buxton but apparently Thorpe can also play RB so he may be given a chance because if PP thinks Buxton is better than Wilson then there really is little hope for him.
Henry is a very good player and was Wolves player of the year in the championship the season before last so he is worth persevering with, and even though not at full throttle yet still shows enough to believe he can be a big player for us, with Anderson starting against both Southend and MK Dons I wonder if there is some kind of clause in his agreement where he has to play if fit.
Hopefully we'll get Clough, Madine and Clayton back in the next couple of weeks and have options available.

Wilson has definitely had a raw deal, he was our best player against Sheffield Utd then was dropped. I hope we've not got another manager who picks his favourites every week regardless of how they play. Buxton must be dropped for Saturday, he was a fooking liability last weekend.

Hopefully Madine will be fit so Proctor can go back to the sanctuary.

Having seen Henry twice he looks to have no passing ability, no pace, and goes missing for large periods (90 minutes). But I'm sure he'll start at Walsall.

We have absolutely nothing on the wings, Parkinson needs to address that.

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I don't get it.

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Yeah me neither

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I've seen him twice. Twice he's been shite.

Am I not allowed to give an opinion until he's played a certain amount of games?

Bread2.0

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Hopefully Madine will be fit 

"Things you thought you'd never read on the internet: No 127!"

Boggersbelief

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Natasha Whittam wrote:I've seen him twice. Twice he's been shite.

Am I not allowed to give an opinion until he's played a certain amount of games?

He hasn't been shite though. He looked very good on his debut

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Boggersbelief wrote:

He hasn't been shite though. He looked very good on his debut

Each to there own. I just thought he had two settings: pass it sideways or to the opposition.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Bread2.0 wrote:"Things you thought you'd never read on the internet: No 127!"

True, but unfortunately Proctor can't control a football. Or stay on his feet.

Madine is the best of a very bad bunch.

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I don't think Henry has been as bad as you say although he has left room for improvement, but I think when Clough and Clayton get back they will benefit from having better quality players around.
Clayton particularly is capable of very intelligent runs and hopefully when Henry Ameobi and Anderson get up to speed we'll have the guile to find him when he makes them.

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
WGO- I doubt that we'll get much from Clayton as he seems to be injury prone. He's like Clough and Mavies- high on promise and low on delivery. I think we'll have to look elsewhere for more diversity and choice amongst the rest of the squad.
Like others I'd like to see Wilson given more game time as he's good going forwards ( though sometimes horrendously out of position) and he can get some decent crosses in. Although we had a lot of crosses against MK Dons and about 95%  of them came to nothing.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
rammywhite wrote:Although we had a lot of crosses against MK Dons and about 95%  of them came to nothing.

True, but there were two problems:

1) They were all poncey floaty crosses, absolutely no pace on any of them.

2) Proctor had his back to goal at all times.

rammywhite

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Although we had a lot of crosses against MK Dons and about 95%  of them came to nothing.

True, but there were two problems:

1) They were all poncey floaty crosses, absolutely no pace on any of them.

2) Proctor had his back to goal at all times.

Can't disagree with what you said there.

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
rammywhite wrote:WGO- I doubt that we'll get much from Clayton as he seems to be injury prone. He's like Clough and Mavies- high on promise and low on delivery. I think we'll have to look elsewhere for more diversity and choice amongst the rest of the squad.
Like others I'd like to see Wilson given more game time as he's good going forwards ( though sometimes horrendously out of position) and he can get some decent crosses in. Although we had a lot of crosses against MK Dons and about 95%  of them came to nothing.
I'm ever the optimist Rammy and I'm hoping that we have resolved the knee issue with Clayton and we can see the player we suspect him to be.
Sometimes players get rushed back when they've only resolved the symptom and not the problem, Wheater being a good example with his wonky legs which appears to be resolved by wearing an insole.
Hopefully we have found the underlying problem with Clayton and he's ready to go.
Probably setting myself for disappointment but what the hell.

whatsgoingon

avatar
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
Natasha Whittam wrote:
rammywhite wrote:Although we had a lot of crosses against MK Dons and about 95%  of them came to nothing.

True, but there were two problems:

1) They were all poncey floaty crosses, absolutely no pace on any of them.

2) Proctor had his back to goal at all times.
add to that the fact that they had interchanged passes 3 or 4 times before actually deciding to cross it, and therefore the defenders had as much time to get set as they would with a corner.

karlypants

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can only see another fecking draw.

scottjames30

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I hope for three points.

gloswhite

avatar
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
From what I saw the other day, I'm expecting a draw, or even a defeat. However, at least the manager has recognised our shortcomings, and instead of waffling, has told the players what is expected. So hopefully, we'll manage a very close away win.
2-2 draw, (at least)

terenceanne

avatar
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
Pining your hopes on Clayton & Clough is not an option IMO.  If they play 20 games between them it will be a lot.  We have to keep looking in the next transfer window.  It's a shame but we have been here before with others ... Mavis is a prime example of course. Madine is barely much better...as far as being injured goes.  We can't afford to carry players anymore but I suppose we have to for now.

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Natasha Whittam wrote:
True, but unfortunately Proctor can't control a football. Or stay on his feet.

Madine is the best of a very bad bunch.
Madine can't win a aerial contest and spends the majority of the game on his arse moaning at the ref, Proctor is a far better option.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fabians Right Peg wrote:
Madine can't win a aerial contest and spends the majority of the game on his arse moaning at the ref, Proctor is a far better option.

Madine is rubbish, but he is far better than Proctor at holding the ball up - and that's the most important thing if Parkinson persists in playing this way.

No point having a target man if the ball bounces off him every time as it did on Saturday.

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Natasha Whittam wrote:
No point having a target man if the ball bounces off him every time as it did on Saturday.
Proctor looked to be trying to play the ball on rather than hold it up, the problem was Anderson was too far away to run on to the flicks.

It was the first time they had played together so hopefully the understanding will come.

Fabians Right Peg

avatar
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Walsall drawing away at Bristol

wessy

avatar
Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Madine wins plenty of knock on's i think he is our best header of the ball outside the box, but when he needs  accuracy he lacks the class to put them away. No problem with Wilson getting the nod, but i do think the witch hunt crew are revving up again, Moxey dropped so who can we have a pop at next how about Buxton. Not defending him just saying it's what fans do.

In terms of Henry i think he gives us much more in terms of attack, and will improve us so far i like what i see. Ameobe obviously is a class above so lets see more of him please.

Anderson is young so expect him to be inconsistent.

Natasha Whittam

avatar
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
wessy wrote:No problem with Wilson getting the nod, but i do think the witch hunt crew are revving up again, Moxey dropped so who can we have a pop at next how about Buxton. Not defending him just saying it's what fans do.

In terms of Henry i think he gives us much more in terms of attack, and will improve us so far i like what i see. Ameobe obviously is a class above so lets see more of him please.


It's not a witch hunt, these "footballers" are paid fortunes to play football. So their standards should be higher than those of a Sunday league player.

Buxton was awful on Saturday, he should be dropped. Picking him again is like saying to these players that pisspoor performances will be accepted.

Regarding Henry, I just don't see it. I thought he was anonymous on Saturday, I can't think of a single shot, cross or forward pass by the guy.

Ameobi doesn't strike me as the type of player who is going to give you 90 minutes of good football. He's a 15 minute man at the end of the game when you're going to plan B. The fact he's started about 11 games in 3 years suggests we're not going to get a lot from him.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum