Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Walsall 1-0 Bolton - Match Report Post #81

+14
Keegan
MartinBWFC
wanderlust
wessy
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
gloswhite
scottjames30
karlypants
rammywhite
Bread2.0
whatsgoingon
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For the second week running one of the main reasons we lost was the ridiculous team selection by Parkinson. The guy is a fuckwit.

Mark my words, he is clueless and will take us to League 2.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Far be it from me to defend these ponces, but from the sounds of it, their 'keeper played out of his skin today and we could've easily run out 4-1 winners on another day.

We're obviously not going to walk this league but equally, I think we should have enough to be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

We are crying out for a natural finisher though and we need Clough to (A) stay fit and (B) start converting potential into results.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Far be it from me to defend these ponces, but from the sounds of it, their 'keeper played out of his skin today and we could've easily run out 4-1 winners on another day.

We're obviously not going to walk this league but equally, I think we should have enough to be there or there abouts come the end of the season.

We are crying out for a natural finisher though and we need Clough to (A) stay fit and (B) start converting potential into results.

You're dreaming.

These players aren't good enough. Howard apart, Parkinson has flooded the team with utter crap. Buxton, Henry and Proctor shouldn't be anywhere near any professional team.

We have no width, no creativity and no one capable of shooting straight.

Ponces.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Don't worry, this is just a blip, we'll soon be back to drawing games!

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Did you miss the bit where it became blatantly obvious that we're skint and operating under a transfer embargo, Tash?

The existing squad was largely poor, so PP and KA had to do something to shake it up and breathe new life into a deflated, dejected and generally shite set-up, all of whom were on top wages.

And that meant bringing in cheap alternatives to replace / supplement the dross we already had.

Signing Messi wasn't an option but neither was sticking with what we had.

It's early days yet and they're still trying to gel as a team, so cut 'em some slack.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Did you miss the bit where it became blatantly obvious that we're skint and operating under a transfer embargo, Tash?

The existing squad was largely poor, so PP and KA had to do something to shake it up and breathe new life into a deflated, dejected and generally shite set-up, all of whom were on top wages.

And that meant bringing in cheap alternatives to replace / supplement the dross we already had.

It's early days yet and they're still trying to gel as a team, so cut 'em some slack.

How many times have you seen them to make the assumption they will gel? Honestly, they won't. They are shit.

Yes we're skint, but so are most clubs in this league. Good players can still be picked up. Parkinson chose to buy players he already knew, which is why we're so shit. Proctor was decent 5 years ago. Now he's a fucking bellend.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:Did you miss the bit where it became blatantly obvious that we're skint and operating under a transfer embargo, Tash?

I agree. I certainly didn't expect us to take the league by storm,and I'm not going to get too disheartened because we lost to ten man Walsall.
Just one of those days. We'll beat Bradford next week,and be back on track.

This Jack Daniels is good stuff by the way.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I've not, obviously.

But for the first time in years, we've got an owner who has a vested interest in achieving success (so that he can sell us on and make a profit) rather than just being in it so he can say: "Look at me! I own a football club!", as the previous dickhead did.

Despite my initial misgivings, I've got far more trust in Anderson than I ever had in Saint Edwin and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Better players will come, I'm sure of it.

But we've got to get the accounts filed and the embargo lifted first.

And then hopefully get the foreign investment he's already alluded to.

Chillax, babe.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Didn't seem confident down Walsall way.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm getting my hair cut in Leigh from now on.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:I've not, obviously.

But for the first time in years, we've got an owner who has a vested interest in achieving success (so that he can sell us on and make a profit) rather than just being in it so he can say: "Look at me! I own a football club!", as the previous dickhead did.

Despite my initial misgivings, I've got far more trust in Anderson than I ever had in Saint Edwin and I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt for now.

Better players will come, I'm sure of it.

But we've got to get the accounts filed and the embargo lifted first.

And then hopefully get the foreign investment he's already alluded to.

Chillax, babe.

I have no problem with Anderson. My problem is with the manager and the shite players he's brought in. I'd rather have had 3 good players than the 12 utter shite players we've signed.

The fact remains that if the manager is going to accept a performance like Buxton's last weekend then it's clear we are doomed.

We will be down by February.

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We need to up our game, I'll give PP one more game until I get the banner out.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bread2.0 wrote:I'm getting my hair cut in Leigh from now on.
Don't bother. She made me look like Blackadder. Shocked

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Bread2.0 wrote:I'm getting my hair cut in Leigh from now on.
Don't bother. She made me look like Blackadder. Shocked
Maybe he should try changing the colour instead?

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It's not total doom yet but it does seem like business as usual....... lost at home to a bunch of Everton kids...followed by three draws and now the traditional away loss. 
Still second in the table but the slide is on alright. Now Bradford is a must win IMO.....not because we need the points early in the season but for confidence going forward for the next few weeks.

First half was absolutely dire no tempo and no creativity with a few aimless punts towards Proctor invariably running astray. The 3 behind Proctor - Ameobi, Taylor and Henry, seemed to drift around with no set positions which led to them all doing next to nothing. The whole team was anonymous really - particularly Vela and Trotter who should have dominated the likes of Adam Chambers - in fact  the only one to make an impression was Ameobi who was complete shit.

The second half started better with far more urgency, the change of shape meant we actually got some width from Vela (playing RWB really) the problem was on the other side Andrew Taylor was either dead or unwilling to run beyond which left us with no penetration down that wing at all - Moxey should have got on much earlier.

James Henry looks a player, tricky, can beat a man and has a good cross on him, but he needs help. Clough's introduction certainly helped, they linked up well and Trotter came into the game too after strolling around all first half he got about a bit and played some great passes. We need Clough, Henry and Trotter/Spearing every game to be effective IMO.

Ameobi continued to frustrate and should have been taken off, the shape fell away towards the end of the game and it seemed nobody had a proper position, Wheater in midfield for instance. But we barely created any clear cut chances, it reminded me of England Iceland.

Referee was beyond a joke, Andersen sending off particularly laughable as his first yellow he'd been waved to come on by the 4th official. Couldn't wait to send him off, I think he's a sociopath. No excuses though we were poor and Walsall were more organised and more up for it. Change is needed.

Howard - 4 ridiculous mistake for their goal, nothing to do otherwise
Buxton - 4 as others have said reluctant to get forward and not great positionally, I'd play Vela at RB 
Beevers - 6.5 Solid enough could have done more for their goal
Wheater - 6.0 Solid enough but could definitely have done more for their goal
A Taylor - 4 needs to provide width, doesnt seem able to run
Vela - 6 awful first half, better second
Trotter 6.5 awful first half much better second if he played like that all game we wouldn't have lost
C Taylor - 4.5 anonymous apart from being elbowed
Ameobi - 2 I don't even know why I'm giving him a 2, he was awful couldn't keep the ball. Offered nothing at all. He must have more in the locker
Henry - 6.5 looked a player second half, not that quick but tricky and could beat a man. Couple of good balls in that deserved more
Proctor - 5 no service, had a few chances but nothing clear cut. 

Clough - 6.5 floated in and out of the game but looked sharp, we need him to stay fit

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Cheers for that synopsis 1874, sounds more realistic than the drivel offered by PP. 

Sounded like we had no midfield today, we've not had one for years, it's one of the reasons we don't score enough goals. 

It's not rocket science being organised and having the ability to keep the ball. Successive managers have failed to spot our obvious weakness, let's hope PP doesn't make the same mistake.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

First decent post you've ever made 1874, cheers.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Can't disagree with anything 1874 said, the whole side looked disjointed, with no one playing a natural role Ameobi was poor as was Chris Taylor.

We did look much better when clough came on, their keeper had a good game and made a couple of great saves.

Referee was a shambles, should have had a pen close to the end and the sending off of Anderson was a joke.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Everything that could go wrong,did. I'm filing it under 'Bad day at the office',and moving on.

Let's hope we get a reaction against Bradford.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum