Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 0-0 Bradford - Match Report Post #38

+17
doffcocker
King Bill
bryan458
Bread2.0
Sluffy
wessy
Jack Russell
boltonbonce
terenceanne
scottjames30
gloswhite
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Keegan
Norpig
Natasha Whittam
whatsgoingon
21 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Division 3 must be shite because we're scoring less frequently than Whittam in a wine bar and yet we're still in 3rd place.

Grinding results out and nicking it 1-0's great provided you can actually do the "scoring a goal" bit.

And that's where we apparently struggle.

Sort it, Philip.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pretty poor,although Clough nearly scored a beauty.Stuck in the car park now.even the buses are backed up.

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Utter shit !!!! Again !!!!

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Car park gridlocked. Just heard the bloke off Tower FM say that Vela and Spearing are a formidable partnership. He's deluded, Vela was a non entity today and had been for the last 12 months tbh.
BWFC don't have a midfield. I wonder when PP will realise that ?

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

One great big steaming pile of dog turd of a football match.

The game itself is hardly worth talking about though so I just wanna raise a question that has been baffling me.

Attendance:

vs Sheff United: 17,050
vs Fleetwood: 13,524
vs Southend: 13,519
vs MK Dons: 12,727

Today: 11,486 ????

If they're going to make these numbers up they could at least have an educated guess.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:One great big steaming pile of dog turd of a football match.

The game itself is hardly worth talking about though so I just wanna raise a question that has been baffling me.

Attendance:

If they're going to make these numbers up they could at least have an educated guess.
Official attendance was 17,486

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fucking terrible. Absolutely fucking terrible. One of the worst games in living memory, and I sat through last season.

Fuck me Parkinson, I thought Dougie was the master at sucking the fun out of football, but it's clear he has a rival. From minute one it was clear Parkinson had set us up for a draw and hoped, by some miracle, we snatched a goal from a dead-ball situation. We did not have a single shot on target all the game. Utter, utter shite.

I've watched some truly crap Bolton sides over the years, but this team has the footballing ability of a corpse. The midfield is truly a sight to behold. How did these men get someone to PAY them to play football? They are shite! Fuck me, how is Trotter still getting picked? He has the physical presence of a jellyfish, and to be honest I'd expect any jellyfish to have more footballing skills. The fat twat can't pass, can't tackle, can't control a ball, can't fucking do anything. Fuck off.

Vela.....just fuck off you shitbag. Did he touch the ball? Too fucking slow for any level of football. Henry? What a useless tugboat. Can someone please tell him he's allowed to pass the ball forward. And fucking Ameobi, just fuck off. Has the co-ordination of diseased donkey, and the ability. And he's fucking not fit! He had to run 50 yards early in the second half and I was halfway through dialling 999 to call and ambulance. The lazy, out of shape, useless fuckwit.

I can't even be bothered bad mouthing Proctor, he is clearly some sort of joke. I've never witnessed a player mis-control the ball so often. I'd call him a donkey but that would be an insult to a donkey.

Oh and how could I forget the most useless twat of them all - fucking Buxton. Bradford should be ashamed at their lack of goals with this fuckwit in our back four. Always out of position, always diving in or pulling shirts. Gives nothing coming forward. Fuck off back to Buxton.

There are other twats but I want some tea. Last word on Parkinson though. Fuck off you useless cocksucker. You picked these wankers so it's your fault. There was a huge gap between the midfield and attack, why didn't you change things? Is it because there's no plan B?

I'd sack Parkinson now, these players aren't fit to wear the white shirt. A fucking disgrace. Fuck off.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 0-0 Bradford City

OVERVIEW

Despite dominating the game and producing the better chances Wanderers had to settle for a goalless draw in front of their biggest crowd of the season at Macron Stadium.

The returning skipper Jay Spearing and substitute Zach Clough almost found the net in each half but were denied by a combination of good goalkeeping and ill fortune.

The hosts gave a masterclass in defending as Bradford seldom troubled Mark Howard but were left with just a solitary point at the final whistle.

TEAM NEWS

Captain Spearing returned from suspension to lead the line for Wanderers following their defeat at Walsall seven days earlier. The midfielder came in for Andrew Taylor who dropped to the bench. 

Manager Phil Parkinson made one other change with Dean Moxey coming in at left-back at the expense of Andrew Taylor, who was among the substitutes. Meanwhile, the Bantams made just one change with the injured James Hanson making way for Marc McNulty who was making his first start.

FIRST HALF

Spearing almost put Wanderers ahead with barely a minute gone on the clock. Bolton retained possession from the kick off with a long ball played into the path of Liam Trotter who found Spearing after Sammy Ameobi won in it in the left channel. 

Neat footwork from the Wanderers skipper created the space for him to power a venomous drive goal bound. Colin Doyle made a smart stop at the expense of a corner.

It was an energetic start from the hosts and Jamie Proctor got his head to a centre moments later only to see it cleared away.

The visitors soon began to get back into the game with Wanderers struggling to clear their lines at times. For all Bradford’s early possession and dangerous play in the box, Mark Howard wasn’t tested and the hosts began to regain their composure with play settling down after the tempestuous start.

Over 4,000 fans made their way across the M62 and over the Pennines and were in fine voice for the Bantams but they had little to cheer about in terms of goal mouth action as play centred predominantly in the middle of the park.

Spearing, returning from a suspension, found his name in referee Heywood’s book just before the half-hour mark for a challenge on Josh Cullen. Although it was a firm tackle, it seemed a harsh decision to card the Liverpool-born midfielder.

Ameobi almost got his first goal in Wanderers colours minutes later. Howard’s huge clearance upfield wasn’t sufficiently dealt with by the Bantams’ backline. 

The industrious Proctor won possession before making a stunning turn to set up Ameobi. The on-loan frontman did well under pressure to get a shot in which was cleared for a corner.

The chance sparked a resurgence in Wanderers as an attacking force and they caused no end of problems of the visitors in the aftermath without challenging Doyle again.

Bradford’s forays into Wanderers’ third were sporadic and Dieng had a rare chance to test Howard, but his effort from range sailed high and wide much to the frustration of his team-mates and the travelling contingent of Bantams.

Howard’s first save came off a low, weak effort from Mark Marshall. But the effort was never going to trouble the Wanderers gloveman who simply gathered up the ball.

Vela, who had earlier produced some feisty but fair tackles, joined his captain in the notebook for a challenge on Cullen. 

Both sides went into the interval on terms, but Wanderers edged the half on chances and possession.

SECOND HALF

Wanderers continued from where they left off and pressed and probed at the visitors. 

Bradford struggled to get into gear and were on the back foot for large portions of the early stages often yielding possession to the Whites.

In their rare moments up field, Wanderers coped well, defending superbly as a unit and protecting Howard’s goal stoically.

The diligent Proctor was the third Wanderer to be shown the yellow card. Again, although the tackle on Dieng was a foul it hardly warranted the booking.

Within seconds Wanderers had their best chance of the second period with Henry’s left-footer from distance just going over Doyle’s cross bar.

The chance cranked up the volume from the Wanderers faithful who sensed that the deadlock was about to be broken.

The game was swinging to and fro and the visitors were soon settling down.

After Proctor lost possession, the ball found its way to sub Hiwula who forced a fine stop from Howard, who had to gather at the second attempt. It was the visitors’ best effort of the game – and served to prove that Wanderers had to be weary of the Bantams’ threat on the counter attack.

Phil Parkinson made two changes in quick succession with Thorpe and Clough coming on for Trotter and Ameobi respectively.

Clough almost put Wanderers in front within minutes of coming on. Proctor made another spectacular turn to befuddle the defence, which allowed the substitute to almost curl a right footer in from 20 yards. Doyle was beaten all ends up and the ball agonisingly missed the target. It was Wanderers’ best chance.

Wanderers’ final change came with ten minutes to go. Henry, who had appeared to have picked up a knock, was replaced by Chris Taylor.

But his introduction couldn't help the Whites find a winning goal as the game finished all square at full time.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

it was a poor game, neither side had any serious goal attempts although Bradford looked far more comfortable in possession than we did

Trotter is a waste of space, he spent most of the game sauntering about and 90% of his passes were either back to the keeper or just backwards in general. I wasn't that impressed with Henry either, he didn't offer much bit to be fair neither did anyone else.

We have no creative spark and yet again Proctor thinks he's a winger when he should be told to stay in the middle

Reality has set in after our good start, we need to give Clough a free role behind the strikers to give us that creativity we are crying out for

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The hosts gave a masterclass in defending Shocked

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Both sides cancelled each other out, very little goal threat but to say this was worse than last season, well not for me last year really was pants.

My main gripe is in midfield, Spearing apart we have no one who drives forward or can create gaps,
Trotter just does as little as possible we carry him, and Vela,just when will he deliver,he is no longer a kid breaking through such a disappointment yet again. I would drop Trotter and play with 11 men.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:

Attendance:

Where did you get that from?

I'm going off what it says on the club website.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've made yourself look a right knob.

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You know we are bobbins when we are missing Pratley an Madine FFS.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

doffcocker wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:

Attendance:

Where did you get that from?

I'm going off what it says on the club website.

Tower commentator, and if you think only 7,000 Bolton fans turned up, then you didn't go.

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

MartinBWFC wrote:
Tower commentator, and if you think only 7,000 Bolton fans turned up, then you didn't go.

I did go, and I don't think only 7,000 fans turned up, which is kind of what I'm basing my point on.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

For all the negatives today, thought Beevers and Wheater where superb.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fabians Right Peg wrote:For all the negatives today, thought Beevers and Wheater where superb.

To be fair they were under no pressure whatsoever.

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Fabians Right Peg wrote:For all the negatives today, thought Beevers and Wheater where superb.

To be fair they were under no pressure whatsoever.

Both had to cover for Moxey and Buxton who often found themselves woefully out of position.

It was like having a back two at times today.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Agree on that, Buxton especially is truly awful. The fact Parkinson can't see this is why he should be sacked.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum