Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 3-1 Port Vale - Match Report Post #50

+16
karlypants
NickFazer
Numpty 28723
wessy
rammywhite
Fabians Right Peg
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
MartinBWFC
boltonbonce
Norpig
Reebok Trotter
gloswhite
bryan458
whatsgoingon
wanderlust
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:i thought, unlike Nat, that Ameobi was great as well. He ran at their defence and always had a trick

wessy wrote:I though Ameobe was great today, he is unusual, different defences don't like that plus he puts a shift in, he showed a lot of skill and was a major influence in why we started so well.

He had no end product.

Yes, he runs at defenders, but how many times did he get clear of them? Just once, and he put in a poor cross which their keeper managed to palm into the path of Vela for the second goal.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sorry Nat you are talking out your arse on this one, he was excellent today

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:sorry Nat you are talking out your arse on this one, he was excellent today

Answer the question, how many times did he create something?

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

He created Velas goal 

Whilst Derick was at fault for the vale goal.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

almost every time he picked up the ball i reckon, he ran at their defence consistently and was a real handful,he always seemed to beat a man and go on. Couple that with his work rate and tracking back, he was excellent today
Stick to shit non league football at Chorley, they probably play football you will understand better

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:He created Velas goal 

By putting in a shit cross that the keeper palmed out straight to Vela.

Technically he may get the assist, but I'd already stated that's the only thing he did all the game.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:almost every time he picked up the ball i reckon, he ran at their defence consistently

I don't disagree with that statement, and he often beat the first man, but only to either lose the ball between his clowns feet or get tackled.

Credit for pushing forward and keeping the opposition on the back foot, but we need quality, not runners.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Found this on a Vale site. They've got to be joking. Razz

also credit to the singing group fans in the bottom corner today you get a lot of bad press for drink behaviour etc but you gave pride to vale today and were louder than their fans nice one for making the day a bit more enjoyable shame the players couldnt have some of your pride.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They just seemed to bang the blue gate in front of them for half an hour.

Productive.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton 3-1 Port Vale

IN BRIEF

Wanderers made it six wins on the spin in all competitions with a 3-1 victory over Port Vale at Macron Stadium on Saturday afternoon.

Phil Parkinson’s men made their mark early on in the clash, with Zach Clough opening the scoring with a thunderous effort from 20 yards inside seven minutes while Josh Vela doubled Bolton’s advantage just five minutes later when firing home halfway inside the area.

The dream start continued for the Trotters, with Lawrie Wilson’s unstoppable volley from 30 yards in the 16th minute leaving the Vale keeper with absolutely no chance.

The visitors did pull a goal back with 16 minutes remaining through Sam Hart who nodded home from close range, but it proved to be scant consolation at the final whistle as the Whites ran out comfortable winners.

TEAM NEWS

Wanderers were originally unchanged from the victory over Bury earlier in the week, but a late injury to captain Jay Spearing saw Liam Trotter come into the fray just before kick-off.

The late amendment to the teamsheet saw David Wheater don the armband, while Alex Perry took his place on the Whites’ bench.

FIRST HALF

Bolton started brightly, with Josh Vela slamming a half volley just wide of the mark inside the opening minute of the clash after good work from Gary Madine.

The visitors were soon enjoying a spell of pressure of their own their own, but the Whites were soon ahead in the clash courtesy of a superb Clough solo effort.

Collecting the ball around 25 yards out from goal, the little man took a touch before unleashing an unstoppable shot into the top corner of Jak Alnwick’s net.

A lightening start to proceedings for the Trotters, their advantage was doubled with just 12 minutes gone as Ameobi shrugged off the challenge of a Vale defender, powered to the six yard box along the by-line and tried his luck from a tight angle.

Seeing his effort parried by the Valiants’ keeper, the ball fell kindly for Vela who thundered it into the back of the net to the delight of the home faithful.

And it was three just minutes later, with Wilson putting his name in the running for the club’s Goal of the Season accolade with a sumptuous volley from all of 35 yards - Macron Stadium simply couldn’t believe what was happening!

Vale were visibly stunned beyond belief, while Wanderers weren’t resting on their laurels despite their impressive lead with Ameobi in the thick of it for the home side at the first period reached its halfway point.

Frustration was evident for the visitors too, with a number of clumsy and rash challenges leading to a handful of cards for Bruno Ribeiro’s side.

It was very nearly a fourth with eight minutes of the half remaining, only for Alnwick to somehow scramble Gary Madine’s audacious flicked effort away for a corner kick.

Wanderers looked likely to add to their tally with each passing attack, with Wheater’s deft header from six yards ensuring that Alnwick was on his guard.

Vale simply couldn’t contain Bolton, with Wilson’s pass across goal somehow eluding three bodies inside the six yard box as the clock ran down to half time.

It seemed hard to comprehend as to how the Whites’ lead wasn’t greater, but it remained just the three at the break.

SECOND HALF

With no changes for the Whites at the break, they got proceedings back underway and carried on where they left off with Vale soon on the back foot.

Although not quite matching up to the frenetic manner of the first period, Wanderers were running play for the most part with the Valiants having to defend in their numbers in a bid to keep the scoreline down.

The visitors were seeing more Bolton territory in the second period than they had previously, but Bolton were calmly dealing with each and every instance of this.

Mark Howard was called upon to make his first save of the game meanwhile just after the hour mark, with the keeper tipping Sam Kelly’s header over the crossbar with a goal seemingly imminent. 

Up the other end meanwhile, Madine saw his shot from a matter of yards out somehow trickle wide of the mark after superb work from Andrew Taylor on the left flank.

Although the pace of the clash had visibly dropped, Wanderers still looked dangerous on the break with Clough unable to turn the ball home following a mazy run in the box with a forest of Vale defender in his way.

With just 16 minutes of the clash remaining though, the visitors managed to pull a goal back through Hart who scrambled the ball home at the back post from Ryan Taylor’s cross.

Visibly a little buoyed at finding the net, Vale were almost undone again just minutes later as some last ditch defending stopped Madine’s effort from crossing the line with Alnwick beaten.

The clock was ticking down to full time as speed, while Wanderers were needing to be on their toes as the Valiants looked to force a grand-stand finish to proceedings at Macron Stadium as Anthony de Freitas’ header had Howard panicking.

With three minutes of additional time added on, substitute James Henry tried his luck from distance only to be denied by the Vale keeper, but it did not matter at the final whistle as the points were firmly Wanderers'.

FULL TIME

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

This time last year Only a Fool would play Derik/Trotter in the same team. 

Now the pairing looks A Bit of a Do.

I'll get me coat......

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When i saw Trotter line up at the start i was a little worried but he did play well to be fair. He actually looked to have a bit of energy for a change and put himself about well

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote:almost every time he picked up the ball i reckon, he ran at their defence consistently

I don't disagree with that statement, and he often beat the first man, but only to either lose the ball between his clowns feet or get tackled.

Credit for pushing forward and keeping the opposition on the back foot, but we need quality, not runners.
 i actually thought it was his best game for us, but everyone is entitled to an opinion

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:When i saw Trotter line up at the start i was a little worried but he did play well to be fair. He actually looked to have a bit of energy for a change and put himself about well

He's alright when the opposition give him time. But he won't get that luxury very often.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote: i actually thought it was his best game for us, but everyone is entitled to an opinion

You're not. Don't do it again.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Norpig wrote: i actually thought it was his best game for us, but everyone is entitled to an opinion

sorry Nat, forgot my place, won't happen again  Embarassed

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Port Vale aren't expected to tear up any trees in the league so we probably shouldn't get too carried away but performances are definitely improving and we are starting to look like a decent outfit. Confidence is on the up and passing and movement up front is better week on week dare we begin to believe that promotion and maybe the title is realistic. Good performances throughout the team today but I think moving Vela further forward has been a great move and Madine and Trotter both had their best games in a Wanderers shirt, Madine should have scored at least twice but good saves and a poor finish denied him.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

sorry Nat, forgot my place, won't happen again  Embarassed
I think it's that time of the month mate as ive been shit on in her betting thread.  Evil or Very Mad

Fabians Right Peg

Fabians Right Peg
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ameobi will draw defenders and create space for others, saying he has no end product is ridiculous, showed what he can do against millwall.

Clough has been tried in the centre and was too often out muscled by larger centre halfs, playing him wide gives him the chance to drift in pick up any loose balls and run at the defenders as he did for his goal today.

Best attacking display for a long time, and looks like Parky knows what he is doing.

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Now we've got the shape and the defence sorted it seems to have given the players confidence and we seem to have a bit more of a swagger going forward. Madine was outstanding today and Josh Vela is looking good in his role too, I agree with most on Ameobi in that he had a good game but would also add that Nat also has a point about end product, if he can carry on doing the good things he does and add more at the end what a player he could be.
Derik is looking like the player we all thought he could be and Wilson who me and Nat both shouted out for when Buxton was playing certainly must be first choice now.
19 shots and 12 on target today what a difference to the 0 against oxford, well done PP and his team.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum