You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » Bolton 4-0 Gillingham - Match Report Post #32

Bolton 4-0 Gillingham - Match Report Post #32

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Bolton 4-0 Gillingham - Match Report Post #32 on Sat Dec 10, 2016 3:19 pm

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Seeing as Martin's obviously too busy shopping for Christmas jumpers and nobody else appears arsed to take up the mantle, I'll start the match thread.

We play Gillingham on Monday and it's on telly.

All I know about Gillingham is that it's in Kent and, like us, their Chairman bought the club for a quid and is a Scally.

I've no idea if they're any good or not, as I can't see that far from my armchair.

I'm going for a drab 0-0 draw because it's on telly.

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Agree with the telly point of view. Rightly or wrongly, I always feel they let us down when were on the TV.

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Bloody heck, Rochdale beat Scunny!

Well done them!

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
We'll win 2-0

BoltonTillIDie

Jussi Jääskeläinen
Jussi Jääskeläinen
If went beat Gillingham we move to just 1 point behind Scunthorpe

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Who would have thought, just a few years ago, that our ambition today is to catch and overtake Scunthorpe !

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Reading a Scunthorpe forum you'd think they were in the bottom 3, not top of the league.

Just goes to show, all football fans are the same.....a couple of poor results and doom and gloom sets in.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

observer

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Natasha Whittam wrote:Reading a Scunthorpe forum you'd think they were in the bottom 3, not top of the league.

Just goes to show, all football fans are the same.....a couple of poor results and doom and gloom sets in.

Which proves again why you should be writing BEL every week we win.

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Quite a lot of doom merchants, but if the supporters can't read a teams performances, and reasons, who can ? It seems that Scunny are wilting a bit, although I feel that they are still doing well enough not to go too far off the boil. We also go through phases, but when we do offer advice, or guidance , we certainly aren't as well mannered and courteous as these supporters are  Very Happy

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
This along with the next two games gives us a real opportunity to catch Scunthorpe before we clash New years eve, if current form continues then we could be alongside Sheffield United in the top two going into the New year.  Assuming off the field activities stay in control.

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
gloswhite wrote:Who would have thought, just a few years ago, that our ambition today is to catch and overtake Scunthorpe !
I've just said that exact thing to a colleague who supports Bolton, a few years ago we were looking at the likes of Everton and Liverpool competing for European places and now we're celebrating Scunthorpe losing as our main rivals.
I know you shouldn't keep harping back to the past and that a lot's changed but it is still a sobering thought when you see it in the cold light of day.
BUT - it could have been much worse (and still could be)

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
True. I feel we've still to see the bottom line with regards negotiations, and the clubs future.

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Score a goal - park the bus, that'll do for me!!

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
At some stage we need to boost our goals for, so go for it tonight, 3-1.

Lard Lad

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka
Draw tonight.

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live guys!

finlaymcdanger

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Bastard Madine just ruined my prediction!

Bread2.0

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
There's something wrong with my mouth - The corners keep turning up.

Strange sensation.....

And I've just shouted "Give it Madine!" at the telly.

Very odd.

Boggersbelief

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Fucking fantastic performance. 

Ameobi still not good enough nat?

bryan458

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Never ever thought id give Madine MOTM, best performance this season, yet another fucking utter shit league 1 ref, Chris Taylor WTF !!!!!

okocha

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
A complete performance, Not seen us so entertaining for a long time....and very solid at the back. We actually looked classy! Need a lie down!

boltonbonce

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Brilliant stuff. I'm going to bed happy.

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Some good performances again tonight keeper both full backs and a solid back four. 

Midfield closing down, running into space Vela looks like a different player, Clough two assists and Madine finally getting some reward for his hard work, and Ameobe making Nat look like a real plonker what a goal.

Soul Kitchen

Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo
Ameobi has come on leaps and bounds in the last month. Sure he drops bollox but he's one of those players that can get your arse off the seat, and we haven't had much of that this year.

gloswhite

Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff
Wow ! The most complete performance I've seen for I don't know how long. Well done the boys. Absolutely excellent.  :clap:

MartinBWFC

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
bryan458 wrote:Never ever thought id give Madine MOTM, best performance this season, yet another fucking utter shit league 1 ref, Chris Taylor WTF !!!!!
Exactly, WTF Parkinson sees in that shithouse god only knows, he's so shit he actually is comedy gold.

Hip Priest

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Great performance tonight. Can't remember when I last enjoyed going to the match so much.
I do feel a bit sorry for Chris Taylor. I can remember him being a pretty decent player for Blackburn but he just looks truly awful at the moment. Doesn't even look like a football player these days. Easy to see why his previous club released him and why Parky signed him up I've no idea.

whatsgoingon

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
The most complete performance in a long time, Alnwick looks very calm as he should with that defence in front, Wheater and Beevers imperious, two fullbacks improving every game and a midfield that's dominated from start to finish, the closing down was Barcelonaesque and so was some of the passing topped off with one of the most dominant centre forward displays I've seen in a white shirt since SKD.
Hopefully that will whet people's appetite and get them out of their armchairs and start increasing the crowds, we're starting to look like the real deal.

Bwfc1958

Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!
As I work weekends and never get chance to get to the match I decided at the last minute to get down there and I wasn't disappointed. The pressing was good again and for the first time in years we look like a team rather than a bunch of clueless individuals and the goals were first class. If some of those goals were scored by Citeh or Chelsea we'd never hear the end.

Having said that, Gillingham were shite. As good as we were they didn't half make it easy. They spent most of the game just backing off and letting us do what we wanted. There was no closing down and thwy had no awareness about them whatsoever. They had wide men who had no intention of ever tracking back and were terrible at marking literally anybody. They couldn't even take a legal throw in at one point.

You can only beat what's put in front of you though and we took full advantage and did it with a bit of style which is nice to see. You would have to say that that performance is above and beyond anything else you are likely to see in this division so for a change, things are looking good.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum