Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Too many players had an off day at Chesterfield

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

On a cold and foggy morning, all roads led towards the crooked spire of Chesterfield for our first ever visit to the Proact Stadium.

Phil Parkinson’s Super White Army was out in force, testing National Rail to its limits, although I chose the relative luxury of going by coach.

Pre-match refreshments were held in the Spireite, where there was a mini beer fest going on and it would have been rude not to join in.

The local fans were looking to keep the score down after two recent five-goal hammerings, while for our part, we were hoping to keep going what had been probably one of the best weeks for us in a long while, with the superb performance against Gillingham and our chairman’s encouraging words on Tuesday night.

There was no luck on the culinary front as my fellow Bolton fans had eaten all the pies by the time I got into the stadium.

Parkinson stuck with his best available starting line-up and for the first 20 minutes, we dominated proceedings without really testing their goalkeeper.

Then they scored through Liam O’Neil and it flattened us. Too many of our players were under par and Danny Wilson’s Chesterfield simply outworked us.

Our defence didn’t look like conceding another but neither did our attack look like scoring, planting most opportunities firmly into the back of the stand, leaving Lloyd Allinson with ‘nowt to be taken out’ of his goal.

It wasn’t our finest hour and a half but the battle is still less than half-fought yet. These blips will happen, bringing home the reality that we must fight for every point.

Nobody is going to give us anything. It is important we bounce back from this defeat and earn the victories we need to keep us in contention for promotion, starting with Shrewsbury and Scunthorpe.

Thanks and respect go to Ken Anderson for facing the fans this week and being as open as he could be, considering the confidentiality clauses that abound in business.

The overall impression I got was that, although things are still fragile, they are being tackled behind the scenes and that it will take time to sort things out.

Most importantly, we do have a plan to get us out of the financial mess.

The wage bill will be mostly sorted this summer, then it is forward on a sustainable level after that.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum