Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury

+8
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
MartinBWFC
Norpig
karlypants
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Mon Dec 26 2016, 14:33

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Unchanged side with Clayton making the bench.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

COYWM!

Last edited by Sluffy on Sun Jan 01 2017, 18:18; edited 3 times in total

2Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Mon Dec 26 2016, 14:37

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We should win but Shresbury are definitely an unknown quantity.

3Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Mon Dec 26 2016, 14:38

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

As are Shewbury.

4Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Mon Dec 26 2016, 14:39

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bloody freezing in the WSU. I need a pee right now.

5Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Mon Dec 26 2016, 14:50

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

Any issues with the portal then use this direct link here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

6Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Mon Dec 26 2016, 17:23

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sounds like we were lucky again today, coasting first half then fell asleep second half and Shrewsbury should have had a penalty to even it up

7Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Mon Dec 26 2016, 17:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shit performance. Everyone underperformed. But it's the result that counts.

Left after 80 minutes so didn't see the Shrewsbury goal, but there's no doubt they deserved it and probably more.

Derek needs to be in the starting 11 against Scunthorpe.

8Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Mon Dec 26 2016, 17:39

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

First half we should have had 4/5, don't know what the fuck Parkinson says at HT, but time and again we come out asleep for second half, happened too many times for it to be anything other than his team talks, he's so fucking negative, we were so so lucky to hang on at the end, Scunny will dick us if we're not on our game for 90 MINS.

9Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Mon Dec 26 2016, 18:52

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

MartinBWFC wrote:First half we should have had 4/5, don't know what the fuck Parkinson says at HT, but time and again we come out asleep for second half, happened too many times for it to be anything other than his team talks, he's so fucking negative, we were so so lucky to hang on at the end, Scunny will dick us if we're not on our game for 90 MINS.

Agree with that. if we play like that against Scunthorpe we'll get nothing out of the game. Todays game should have been put to bed by half time.

10Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Mon Dec 26 2016, 19:04

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Game management is becoming a problem. 2 up with 15 minutes to play should be game over.
Once they got back into it,we reverted to headless chickens,and were lucky not to blow it. 
A draw would have felt like a defeat.
3 points,but,not for the first time,the warning signs were there.

11Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Mon Dec 26 2016, 21:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky has a reputation for being defensive and shutting up shop after taking the lead so I imagine that's what he was telling them at half time. A mistake in my opinion because we were doing fine before and I think they should just have continued pressing and trying to score another. Sure we would be less compact but equally the opposition can't push on whilst we have attacking intentions without leaving gaps.

Surrendering the initiative isn't a good thing and puts us at risk. Today we should have paid for it.

12Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Tue Dec 27 2016, 14:11

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Even against Gillingham we had a spell at 2-0 up just after half time where we sat back and invited them on and had they scored in that spell it could have been a different game, as it was we scored a goal on the break which killed off the game.
In his interview after the game PP spoke about going out to kill off the game so maybe it's just a collective mentality of the players and the fact that the opposition feel more freedom because they've nothing to lose by going for it more.

13Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Tue Dec 27 2016, 14:58

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'm not convinced by Parkinson as a tactician, I think maybe if you take Clough and/or Ameobi out of this team things would look a lot different.

I know Madine is doing a good job with his knock/chest downs - and a few others are playing well - but I think all that amounts to very little without the quality those two players bring. They're the ones that actually make things happen, even if they are having an off day. Before this run they've both had in the team we never looked remotely like scoring.

14Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Tue Dec 27 2016, 16:46

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:I'm not convinced by Parkinson as a tactician, I think maybe if you take Clough and/or Ameobi out of this team things would look a lot different.

I know Madine is doing a good job with his knock/chest downs - and a few others are playing well - but I think all that amounts to very little without the quality those two players bring. They're the ones that actually make things happen, even if they are having an off day. Before this run they've both had in the team we never looked remotely like scoring.

Laughable post by a laughable poster.

3rd in the league, 8 wins from 10, best defensive record in the country.

Yes, what a shit manager!

15Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Tue Dec 27 2016, 16:54

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
doffcocker wrote:I'm not convinced by Parkinson as a tactician, I think maybe if you take Clough and/or Ameobi out of this team things would look a lot different.

Laughable post by a laughable poster.

3rd in the league, 8 wins from 10, best defensive record in the country.

Yes, what a shit manager!

Fuck off.

This time six years ago we were sixth in the Prem. Under Owen Coyle! Then one player gets crocked, and look what happened.

You never learn do you! Tit head.

16Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Tue Dec 27 2016, 17:00

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:
Fuck off.

This time six years ago we were sixth in the Prem. Under Owen Coyle! Then one player gets crocked, and look what happened.

You never learn do you! Tit head.

Are you really comparing Clough and Ameobi to Holden?

That's like comparing my famous Victoria sponge to dog food.

Holden was a brilliant player. Clough plays well every five games, Ameobi only performs when the opposition has given up.

Gobshite.

17Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Tue Dec 27 2016, 17:09

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Holden was a brilliant player. Clough plays well every five games, Ameobi only performs when the opposition has given up.

Can't believe you can still expect people to take your opinions seriously, not least because you change them more than you change your knickers.

Nonetheless, let's say you're right and they're both a pile of shite - I'm pretty sure you used to slate Holden too, but anyway we'll go with the claim you're making here just for argument sake.

I can't honestly believe - after all the shit managers we've had, who initially got us into a really promising position - that you're bigging Parkinson up on the basis that we're third in the league. I'm not saying he's doing a bad job, I just think it'd take a right brainless tit (like you) to start singing his praises at this stage.

18Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Tue Dec 27 2016, 17:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Can't believe you can still expect people to take your opinions seriously, not least because you change them more than you change your knickers.

Nonetheless, let's say you're right and they're both a pile of shite - I'm pretty sure you used to slate Holden too, but anyway we'll go with the claim you're making here just for argument sake.

I can't honestly believe - after all the shit managers we've had, who initially got us into a really promising position - that you're bigging Parkinson up on the basis that we're third in the league. I'm not saying he's doing a bad job, I just think it'd take a right brainless tit (like you) to start singing his praises at this stage.

You seem obsessed by my knickers. Are you the perve stealing them from the washing line on the roof of my penthouse?

Where did I big Parkinson up? He's doing a good job, but I have reservations.....mainly around Ameobi and the lack of a place for Derek.

But you'd have to be a right bellend (like you) to suggest Parkinson is a shit tactician when we're sat comfortably in 3rd place only two points off the top. Are you saying a proven tactician like Mickey Adams would have us top of the league by 15 points at this stage?

19Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Tue Dec 27 2016, 17:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
But you'd have to be a right bellend (like you) to suggest Parkinson is a shit tactician when we're sat comfortably in 3rd place only two points off the top.

But that's where you failed to answer my question. We know that Coyle was a shit tactician, yet we spent most of his first season in the top 6 of the Prem. We know Freedman was a shit tactician, yet he almost got us into the play-offs after being 20th.

All I said was I'm not yet convinced. There's hundreds of factors influencing where we are in the table, Parkinson's tactics being just one of them.

20Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Empty Re: Bolton 2-1 Shrewsbury Tue Dec 27 2016, 18:21

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I agree with Doffy on this, Parkinson has proved time and again to be lacking in the wherewithall to get the team playing for 90 mins, too many second half displays have been lacklustre and we've been very lucky to see out games, he's got the team to 3rd in the league, but I'd argue that a lot of luck has played it's part, so let's just see where his tactics stand when that luck finally desserts us, and it will.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum