Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Whoever runs the official twitter feed for the club...

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Chairmanda

Chairmanda
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

U
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The importance of the LGBT community continues to grow and grow within the English game.

With more and more clubs openly supporting LGBT and fans at numerous clubs setting up LGBT supporters groups, English football is finally becoming up to date.
It was Premier League giants Manchester United that tonight announced they’d become the first UK football club to be partnered with LGBT equality charity Stonewall UK.

Man united tweet
We've become the first UK football club to partner with LGBT equality charity @StonewallUK: manutd.co/rM #allredallequal

To which one small-minded troll replied.

One response
@ManUtd @stonewalluk I'd rather support Bolton Wanderers than a club that endorses immorality without considering the fans

Bolton’s Twitter account came across the tweet and clearly weren’t going to let the troll have the last laugh. It’s fair to say that their simple response to the homophobia had the right kind of effect with almost 2,000 retweets since being tweeted.

Bolton wanderers tweet
We'd rather you didn't. [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

The response from Bolton Wanderers emphasises the stance on homophobia which clubs within the Football League are taking. Clubs and fans are now working hand in hand to try to eradicate this form of discrimination from the English game, with many prominent LBGT groups already functioning at clubs like Notts County, Bradford City and so on.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Breadman refused to donate his £25 wager to Stonewall. Blame him.

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Tis true enough - sorry.

I've just emailed The Christie and asked for a refund so I can pass it on to Stonewall instead.

I can't believe I was so thoughtless at the time.....

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

The club are getting a lot of praise for their simple response. Nice that people see us in a good light for a change. 
All we need now is for the team to 'come out' en bloc, when they can point to their recent performances as proof of their chosen way of life Very Happy

Kane57

Kane57
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Be nicer if we engaged with Stonewall and sent out a positive message that way too

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

If we did this att, it would look as though were jumping on the bandwagon, just because of the publicity. No reason not to engage some time in the future though.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum