Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is This Man Really A Hero?

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 10:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The man in the middle of this photo is Paul Chambers who was originally found guilty of sending a 'menacing electronic communication' after he sent the offending tweet to his 600 Twitter followers in January 2010.

Is This Man Really A Hero? Article-1343384711760-143D7BDD000005DC-225273_636x368

In the message he expressed his frustrations at snow closing the Robin Hood airport, saying: 'Crap! Robin Hood Airport is closed. You've got a week and a bit to get your shit together otherwise I'm blowing the airport sky high!!'

Yesterday he won an appeal against his conviction. Now, you can make up your own mind whether the original message was worthy of being a criminal offence, but what pisses me off about this story is that Paul Chambers has been made out to be some sort of hero or freedom fighter. In reality he's a tit who wrote something stupid and doesn't deserve the support of anyone.

So, do you think he's a hero like Stephen Fry and Al Murray have suggested, or is he a big tit?

2Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 10:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've just noticed Paul Chambers looks like Sam Ricketts. Coyle out.

3Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:03

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Nice to see Bruce Willis and Fat Sam supporting Sam Ricketts.

4Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:06

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

He's a tit, and so are the two arseholes who supported him for nothing but the publicity. Now he's had his 15 minutes of fame, he will slip back into anonymity. The person who should really get a good kicking is the tit who decided to pursue this, and the original judge who agreed that it was an offence. What happened to common sense ?

Don't like your avatar as much as the others

5Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

gloswhite wrote:

Don't like your avatar as much as the others

How rude.

6Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:08

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Its coz I know you're much better looking than this skinny bint Very Happy

7Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:09

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is that really you in your avatar Natasha?

8Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:11

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I like the 'antique' finish Very Happy

9Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:11

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He's neither hero nor tit. He should never have been prosecuted and it is just that his conviction has been overturned. At the same time, there's nothing heroic about making stupid comments on Twitter; I do it nearly every day.

10Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:12

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Is you new avatar the one who died yesterday?

11Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:Is you new avatar the one who died yesterday?

Yes, I have created a dedicated thread for all those people who are feeling sad at his loss.

12Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:14

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

largehat wrote:At the same time, there's nothing heroic about making stupid comments on Twitter; I do it nearly every day.

lol!

13Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:16

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think threatening to blow somewhere up makes him a bit of a tit tbh. Nothing funny about terrorist threats.

14Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:22

largehat

largehat
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Yes Bernard, because terrorists make threats with their name and picture visible on Twitter and they threaten to cause death and destruction when their flight might be delayed, don't they? That was a really credible terrorist threat. Lets ignore the verdict of the high court and condemn him for it.

15Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 11:24

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ok lets. What a tit he is. Condemned!!!

16Is This Man Really A Hero? Empty Re: Is This Man Really A Hero? Sat Jul 28 2012, 13:55

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He isn't a hero, but I'm glad common sense prevaled in this case.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum