Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton

+20
NickFazer
gloswhite
Cajunboy
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
karlypants
Bollotom2014
Bread2.0
okocha
Sluffy
rammywhite
Soul Kitchen
Boggersbelief
Jack Russell
MartinBWFC
wessy
Natasha Whittam
Fabians Right Peg
Norpig
wanderlust
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Sun Mar 26 2017, 15:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:Scunthorpe losing 2-1 at home to Bradford HT.
Ivan Toney scored an equaliser and Matt Crooks gave Scunny the lead. Now they've brought on our very own Craig Davies for the last few minutes. Scunny will still think they're in with a shout of nicking automatic promotion off us.

Result Scunny 3 Bradford 2 with Scunny hanging on desperately in the 6 minutes of extra time. Bradford had 22 (eight OT) shots compared with Scunny's 8 (4)

They are 8 points behind us having played a game more with only having six games left to play (18 points maximum).

Their last six results including todays is won 2, lost 4, total = 6 points.

(In fact their last twelve results are won 2, drawn 3, lost, 7, total = 9 points).

Our last six results including yesterday is won 5, drawn 1, total = 16 points.

Even in the extremely unlikely possibility they do turn their form completely around to catch and pass us in the remaining few games that are left, they are also presently two points behind having played a game more, of Fleetwood.

I doubt that not even the most optimistic of Scunthorpe supporters thinks automatic promotion is likely for them this season.

62Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Sun Mar 26 2017, 16:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
Ivan Toney scored an equaliser and Matt Crooks gave Scunny the lead. Now they've brought on our very own Craig Davies for the last few minutes. Scunny will still think they're in with a shout of nicking automatic promotion off us.

Result Scunny 3 Bradford 2 with Scunny hanging on desperately in the 6 minutes of extra time. Bradford had 22 (eight OT) shots compared with Scunny's 8 (4)

They are 8 points behind us having played a game more with only having six games left to play (18 points maximum).

(In fact their last twelve results are won 2, drawn 3, lost, 7, total = 9 points).

Even in the extremely unlikely possibility they do turn their form completely around to catch and pass us in the remaining few games that are left, they are also presently two points behind having played a game more, of Fleetwood.

I doubt that not even the most optimistic of Scunthorpe supporters thinks automatic promotion is likely for them this season.
Totally agree that their chances of pulling it off are slim to none, but that doesn't change the fact that if they are still in with a sniff by the time we face them on the 8th they'll play out of their skins to beat us. 

That said if we can get maximum points from Chesterfield and away at Brownie's Southend (who are on a bit of a run themselves ATM) it may already be beyond them. 

Our position is fantastic but every team we have yet to face (bar Posh) have a big incentive so we ain't home and hosed quite yet. But almost.

63Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Sun Mar 26 2017, 16:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:

Totally agree that their chances of pulling it off are slim to none, but that doesn't change the fact that if they are still in with a sniff by the time we face them on the 8th they'll play out of their skins to beat us. 

That said if we can get maximum points from Chesterfield and away at Brownie's Southend (who are on a bit of a run themselves ATM) it may already be beyond them. 

Our position is fantastic but every team we have yet to face (bar Posh) have a big incentive so we ain't home and hosed quite yet. But almost.

Yet more negative rubbish.

Don't we have just the same (if not better) incentive to win - automatic promotion.

Why would some teams simply fighting to stay in this league (considering how shite they've been for almost the last 40 league games!) be more 'up' for it than us?

We have automatic promotion within our own control - we are not dependant on other teams to slip up.

We need not fear anybody we play to the end of the season but they on the other hand should all be fearing us.

64Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Sun Mar 26 2017, 17:00

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Where did he say they'd be "more up for it" than us?

Read it again.

You really are a fucking idiot at times.

65Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Sun Mar 26 2017, 17:24

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Anything could happen in the next couple of weeks. Maybe when we play Oldham/ Port Vale they are already safe or relegated.

66Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Sun Mar 26 2017, 18:14

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Imho it is better to be playing teams that also are fighting for points, less chance of us turning up thinking the opposition is "on the beach". 7 games to go 12 points will more than likely be enough for 2nd place, Scunny can get 85 if they win all their remaining games and Fleetwood 90 if they win all of theirs. I think Parky should be targeting the title, especially if Sheffield Utd don't beat Millwall on Tuesday night.

67Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Sun Mar 26 2017, 23:30

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bread2.0 wrote:
Where did he say they'd be "more up for it" than us?

Read it again.

You really are a fucking idiot at times.

Where did I say he did?

Maybe it should be you reading it again!

I may be an idiot but I'm not the one wasting his life away trolling someone he has never even met, on an internet footy forum, over fuck all!

:bomb:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Very Happy

68Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 00:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hadn't realised "we ain't home and hosed quite yet" was so inflammatory but I guess anything less than "we are home and hosed" aka "we are definitely promoted" is considered to be negative.
Main thing is it's going well so far cos if it hadn't we wouldn't be even trying to have a mature conversation about getting over the line.

69Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 00:57

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:Hadn't realised "we ain't home and hosed quite yet" was so inflammatory but I guess anything less than "we are home and hosed" aka "we are definitely promoted" is considered to be negative.
Main thing is it's going well so far cos if it hadn't we wouldn't be even trying to have a mature conversation about getting over the line.

Hahaha.

You're even a worse wum than Bread is a troll - and that's saying something!

You're the one full of overstated and unjustified negativity - by saying such stuff as Scunthorpe "will still think they're in with a shout of nicking automatic promotion off us" - they certainly won't be, and "every team we have yet to face (bar Posh) have a big incentive" - maybe so but ours going for automatic promotion will be even higher - after all that is the whole point of having league tables and structures - to rise up them as high as you can go!

As for mature conversations, I'm not the one calling people 'moron' because they didn't happen to agree with what you said - or have you got a selective memory these days?

70Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 08:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy as one of the owners of this site do you really think it's a good idea to speak to the very people who contribute to this site in such a way?

Lusty is being cautious as nothing is decided yet and that's up to him, that's his opinion. Why is he being a WUM?

Do you not think being a site owner brings certain responsibilities? Who has the power to mod you? This place will turn into a banana republic if you keep going like this.

71Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 08:54

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Sluffy as one of the owners of this site do you really think it's a good idea to speak to the very people who contribute to this site in such a way?

Lusty is being cautious as nothing is decided yet and that's up to him, that's his opinion. Why is he being a WUM?

Do you not think being a site owner brings certain responsibilities? Who has the power to mod you? This place will turn into a banana republic if you keep going like this.

Well said Mr Pig.
We should be doing what we can to keep regular posters on this site and not drive them away. I like Nuts- and hope it keeps going but alienating people won't do it much good.

Let's disagree as much as we want to, but let's do it civilly

72Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 09:28

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Norpig wrote:Sluffy as one of the owners of this site do you really think it's a good idea to speak to the very people who contribute to this site in such a way?

Quite agree, although why you think the site is going to turn into a clothes shop I have no idea.

73Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 10:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

ok Deano i'll give you that one, i meant a dictatorship  Very Happy

74Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 10:14

King Bill

King Bill
David Lee
David Lee

Norpig wrote:Sluffy as one of the owners of this site do you really think it's a good idea to speak to the very people who contribute to this site in such a way? Yes

Do you not think being a site owner brings certain responsibilities? No

Who has the power to mod you? No-one, his site.

This place will turn into a banana republic if you keep going like this.

What's your point ?

75Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 10:40

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The point is that anyone who doesn't agree with and fully endorse the thoughts and sentiments of Chairman Slough is branded a wum and receives a moralising lecture.

And yet he is free to pontificate about whatever he likes and rant on about people who may have slighted him in the past and we're all supposed to nod and say "Yes, you're right. They are evil and you are good!"

But if anyone does dare speak up, they get a(nother) lecture about how it's "only the internet" and are chided for "letting the comments of a bunch of strangers get to them".

.......despite Chairman Slough obviously taking all this very seriously indeed.

As I keep saying, I could take the lectures if they weren't all so shrouded in obvious double standards.

76Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 11:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

King Bill wrote:
Norpig wrote:Sluffy as one of the owners of this site do you really think it's a good idea to speak to the very people who contribute to this site in such a way? Yes

Do you not think being a site owner brings certain responsibilities? No

Who has the power to mod you? No-one, his site.

This place will turn into a banana republic if you keep going like this.

What's your point ?
Are you Sluffys bodyguard now KB? I think i made my point clear enough

77Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 12:12

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Are we having banana's? I like a banana. As long as they're spotty.

78Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 13:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Hadn't realised "we ain't home and hosed quite yet" was so inflammatory but I guess anything less than "we are home and hosed" aka "we are definitely promoted" is considered to be negative.

As for mature conversations, I'm not the one calling people 'moron' because they didn't happen to agree with what you said - or have you got a selective memory these days?
Just to be clear:

I didn't call you a moron because you disagreed with what I said. 

I said you are a moron IMO because of your nasty little vindictive selective interpretation of what I write that you take out of context in order to have a personal dig at me as often as you can.

Sad really.

79Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 13:09

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes I do think as a site owner I do have certain responsibilities, one of them is to allow a difference of opinion to be heard - including that of my own.

If you want a forum where everybody agrees with each other and bans those that doesn't then look no further than The Wanderers forum.

Everybody assumes that as it has been going so long and has so many posts that it is a thriving site, it is not.  In fact it has less posts than we do per day usually and has been doing for over a year now.

As for being a dictator (and taking the internet seriously) I know of no other forum that would put up with the site owner being trolled or abused daily and one nutter making it his work to go on to other sites to get people join him in abusing me on here.

If I am a dictator then I'm not very good at using my powers then am I?

For the record I've never banned anyone permanently (apart from spam accounts) on any site I've been on in all the years I've been involved as a mod or a site owner.

Sites like Nuts are about words on the ether and I was always taught that sticks and stones may break your bones but words would never hurt you.

Seems one or two on here mustn't have heard that saying before.

80Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton - Page 4 Empty Re: Shrewsbury 0-2 Bolton Mon Mar 27 2017, 13:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Just to be clear:

I didn't call you a moron because you disagreed with what I said. 

I said you are a moron IMO because of your nasty little vindictive selective interpretation of what I write that you take out of context in order to have a personal dig at me as often as you can.

Sad really.

Classic!

Yet more personal abuse, so much for "mature conversation".

I refer you to the reference in my post above regarding sticks and stones.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum