Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton's Top Chippy

+8
Norpig
RustyNail
bwfc71
boltonbonce
gloswhite
karlypants
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41Bolton's Top Chippy - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton's Top Chippy Fri Jun 23 2017, 16:17

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:think this is it
Bolton's Top Chippy - Page 3 1417707953_553f74f1b4_b

You are very close to an official death threat.

42Bolton's Top Chippy - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton's Top Chippy Fri Jun 23 2017, 16:20

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

that looks like the shed they used to have at the back of the away end at Wigans old ground  Very Happy

43Bolton's Top Chippy - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton's Top Chippy Fri Jun 23 2017, 16:22

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:that looks like the shed they used to have at the back of the away end at Wigans old ground  Very Happy

Is that where you met KP?

44Bolton's Top Chippy - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton's Top Chippy Fri Jun 23 2017, 16:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

yes we had a roll down the grass bank together, happy days!

45Bolton's Top Chippy - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton's Top Chippy Fri Jun 23 2017, 16:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:yes we had a roll down the grass bank together, happy days!

And bumchumary was born.

46Bolton's Top Chippy - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton's Top Chippy Fri Jun 23 2017, 19:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What happened was that on the first date Norpig gave me a bottle of salad cream (as I like it that much) but as we rolled down the hill together his cream squirted out and went all up my back.

True story!

47Bolton's Top Chippy - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton's Top Chippy Fri Jun 23 2017, 21:56

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I was in Bolton today visiting a friend who lives on Crompton Way.

Back in the 60's I lived just off Ivy Road and often went to the Chippy on Bennetts Lane .  After reading all the good reports on here I decided to call their on the way home today.

My  wife collected them and then we went to Moss Bank park car park to eat them.

Probably the worst  Fish I have ever tasted.  Pale greasy undercooked batter wrapped round fish that tasted like *****.  One mouthful and I spat it out.  I managed to rescue the chips that were OK, but we both dropped the fish in a litter bin. Horrible!!!

They don't even specify what the fish is on their price list. 

It certainly wasn't Haddock or even Cod.

Obviously some cheap stuff that nobody else wants, no wonder their prices are so low.

I don't know how they've stayed in business, let alone win awards.

48Bolton's Top Chippy - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton's Top Chippy Sun Jul 23 2017, 11:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Could be Coley? E-Coli?

49Bolton's Top Chippy - Page 3 Empty Re: Bolton's Top Chippy Fri Aug 18 2017, 10:41

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Out of interest I went to the award winning new bury chippy the other weekend and the chips were decidedly average. Bit soggy and over cooked for my delicate palette.

I was very amused though, by the huge 10 foot sign they have put on the front to tell the world of their award!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum