Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Takeovers - why not us?

+12
boltonbonce
karlypants
Sluffy
Wanderers for 45
Kane57
gloswhite
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
terenceanne
wanderlust
MartinBWFC
Norpig
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Wed Sep 13 2017, 18:12

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And all is well in the Nuts world again  Very Happy

42Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Thu Sep 14 2017, 22:53

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Just for the record as Brucie would say "Bonce" your my favourite poster

43Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Thu Sep 14 2017, 23:19

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wessy wrote:Just for the record as Brucie would say "Bonce" your my favourite poster

Oh dear, Natasha's not going to be happy about that!

Very Happy

44Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Fri Sep 15 2017, 05:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Just for the record as Brucie would say "Bonce" your my favourite poster
Thanks Wessy,but I fear,as Sluffy says,a death threat could be heading your way.

Nat bears grudges. Laughing

45Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Tue Oct 17 2017, 12:43

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Even the bloody pie eaters are in the verge of being bought by rich owners! Why would anyone in their right mind buy them when they could have us?

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

46Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Tue Oct 17 2017, 12:58

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Even the bloody pie eaters are in the verge of being bought by rich owners! Why would anyone in their right mind buy them when they could have us?

Toadface.

47Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Tue Oct 17 2017, 13:50

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

And they have no debt.

48Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Tue Oct 17 2017, 14:41

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But it's still Wigan and their crap support, the figure quoted on the link was £20 million, for not much more they could buy us. We have a better fanbase for one.

49Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Tue Oct 17 2017, 15:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wigan have been more successful than us in recent years though - they won the FA Cup only 4 years ago, but the key thing is the ground is also home to the Warriors. They get a crowd every week whereas the Macron is only used when we are at home so all their assets (including staff, parking, catering, shop) are worked better and is therefore a much more viable business from an investor perspective. They also have the top class training facilities that we sold them.
They are worth £20 million in actual assets whereas the only assets we own have been used as collateral for Toadface's borrowing and cannot be sold - apart from the ones the ACV protects for now.

Begs the question that if an investor wanted to buy BWFC, what would they get for their money?

Last edited by wanderlust on Tue Oct 17 2017, 16:01; edited 1 time in total

50Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Tue Oct 17 2017, 16:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

all well and good BUT IT'S STILL BLOODY WIGAN  Laughing

51Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Tue Oct 17 2017, 16:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:all well and good BUT IT'S STILL BLOODY WIGAN  Laughing
Richer and worth a lot more than BWFC Wigan that is.

52Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Thu Oct 19 2017, 10:20

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

According to Iles, Anderson in talks with two credible investors, all a bit vague but something in it as Anderson has finally admitted he's for selling.

53Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Thu Oct 19 2017, 10:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:According to Iles, Anderson in talks with two credible investors, all a bit vague but something in it as Anderson has finally admitted he's for selling.
Yeah - [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

54Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Thu Oct 19 2017, 11:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Exclusive: Two foreign bidders in talks over £25m sale of Bolton Wanderers

Ken Anderson has confirmed ongoing talks with “credible” investors over the sale of shares in Bolton Wanderers.

Groups from the Far East and Eastern Europe have emerged as strong contenders to invest since The Bolton News made public a document produced by the club, valuing ownership at £25million.

Several US private equity investors are also understood to have made contact hoping to pick up a bargain in the Championship and take it to the next level.

“Since that has come out into the open I would say we have probably had the best three options I have had since I have been here,” Anderson told The Bolton News. “When we were previously in the Championship I’d had maybe two enquiries a month, now we are fielding four or five. Two options are particularly credible and talks are ongoing.”

Ken Anderson has confirmed ongoing talks with “credible” investors over the sale of shares in Bolton Wanderers.

Groups from the Far East and Eastern Europe have emerged as strong contenders to invest since The Bolton News made public a document produced by the club, valuing ownership at £25million.

Several US private equity investors are also understood to have made contact hoping to pick up a bargain in the Championship and take it to the next level.

“Since that has come out into the open I would say we have probably had the best three options I have had since I have been here,” Anderson told The Bolton News. “When we were previously in the Championship I’d had maybe two enquiries a month, now we are fielding four or five. Two options are particularly credible and talks are ongoing.”

“For £25m, I’d say it is a good entry price for anyone serious about buying a football club. And one thing which has come across is conversations we have had with investors, particularly in the US, is that they see this is a cheap way of getting to the Premier League.

“You can do that in a number of ways – throw a lot of money into it, as someone like Mel Morris has done at Derby, or do it like Huddersfield, who did it relatively cheaply.”

55Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Thu Oct 19 2017, 11:06

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

He's getting desperate.

It's pretty much an admission that he can't afford to keep the club afloat after Jan 1st.

Stormy seas ahead......

56Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Thu Oct 19 2017, 11:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Need to make sure whoever takes over is fully vetted and can actually afford to take the club forward.
Not sure i like the sound of American equity firms being involved as it will be all about the numbers and seeing how much cash they can make out of us.

57Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Thu Oct 19 2017, 11:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Need to make sure whoever takes over is fully vetted and can actually afford to take the club forward.
Why start now?

58Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Thu Oct 19 2017, 11:53

Maurice Greene

David Ngog
David Ngog

Bread2.0 wrote:He's getting desperate.

It's pretty much an admission that he can't afford to keep the club afloat after Jan 1st.

Stormy seas ahead......

You've obviously not read the full article, which Karly has cut down.

And while the Wanderers chairman has put in place his own plans to fund the club into the January window and beyond – considering the addition of three or four new players – he admits outside investment is a must if it is to challenge with the division’s financial heavyweights.

“This club has got a fantastic infrastructure, stadium, hotel, training ground and conference facilities – it is a 365-day-a-year operation and it is Premier League standard,” he said.

“If I was a billionaire I’d take Bolton Wanderers to the next level, which is pretty much what is happening at Wolves. Investing in players, and particularly strikers who tend to cost the most, is a very expensive business."

Sounds like a reasonable account of the situation rather than desperation.

59Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Thu Oct 19 2017, 12:08

Bread2.0

Bread2.0
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I did read the whole thing and it's actually the second paragraph that you quote there which leads me to believe that he's floundering and won't be able (or more likely isn't willing) to carry on beyond the new year.

60Takeovers - why not us? - Page 3 Empty Re: Takeovers - why not us? Thu Oct 19 2017, 12:13

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Norpig wrote:Need to make sure whoever takes over is fully vetted and can actually afford to take the club forward.
Why start now?
 We have to start sometime, now would be good  Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum