Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+35
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
Growler
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 28 of 50]

541OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Oct 15 2019, 16:38

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Shameful behaviour with the Nazi salutes, most of them looked like young lads and probably have no idea of the background. They should now be banned from Euro qualifiers and maybe even the next World Cup qualifiers.
On that form they'd struggle to qualify for anything. Very Happy

542OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Oct 16 2019, 00:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
As for the racism, the old communist bloc is riddled with it, and it's not going away in the short term, or even long term if I'm honest.
Yeah. Bunch of racist Pikeys Shocked

It's still alive and kicking in England too so it was notable that Southgate was careful not to claim the moral high ground.
A bunch of racist pikeys? 

A little harsh, but meant in a humorous way I'm sure.
I really hope you do get my sense of humour by now. OBVIOUSLY a racist joke about racism hence ironic as indicated by the  Shocked .
Keep up Boncey!

543OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Oct 25 2019, 23:19

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Decent result for Leicester City tonight.  9-0 winners away against Southampton.  A new record for an away victory in England, ever...

544OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Oct 26 2019, 01:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Decent result for Leicester City tonight.  9-0 winners away against Southampton.  A new record for an away victory in England, ever...
There was a band on in our pub tonight, it being Friday, but the match was on one of the TVs near the bar, and there's a Leicester fan I know who never drinks there - I mean never - and who should rock up 10 minutes after the final whistle?
Apparently he'd come to see the band.
Right.
As an aside my mate won £63 for the Vardy hat trick but bottled out of the 9 nil bet I predicted (albeit when it was 7 nil) Smile

545OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Nov 04 2019, 01:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone see Tom Eaves goal against Fulham? Class..... :rofl:

546OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Nov 04 2019, 10:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Anyone see Tom Eaves goal against Fulham? Class..... :rofl:
Superb anticipation. Razz

https://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-hull-city/409522

547OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sat Nov 09 2019, 17:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Doidge scores 3 for Hibs. Neutral

548OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Nov 10 2019, 23:01

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

boltonbonce wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Anyone see Tom Eaves goal against Fulham? Class..... :rofl:
Superb anticipation. Razz

https://www.skysports.com/football/fulham-vs-hull-city/409522
Magnificent finish. Smile

549OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Nov 10 2019, 23:06

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

On a side note I watched the Liverpool v Man City game today and wondered if I'd stepped back in time. I haven't seen Liverpool play like this with such consistency since Bob Paisley was the manager. They literally did remind me of the late 70's, early 80's team that seemed invincible and they made City look ordinary. I know it's still early in the season but for my money Liverpool are the Champs elect and Klopp has really got what it means to play in the style their fans want.

Although it pains me to say it (although Wendy will be very happy) they're awesome to watch right now and I can't see anyone catching them unless they get a whole plethora of injuries and suspensions.

550OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Mon Nov 11 2019, 01:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

luckyPeterpiper wrote:On a side note I watched the Liverpool v Man City game today and wondered if I'd stepped back in time. I haven't seen Liverpool play like this with such consistency since Bob Paisley was the manager. They literally did remind me of the late 70's, early 80's team that seemed invincible and they made City look ordinary. I know it's still early in the season but for my money Liverpool are the Champs elect and Klopp has really got what it means to play in the style their fans want.

Although it pains me to say it (although Wendy will be very happy) they're awesome to watch right now and I can't see anyone catching them unless they get a whole plethora of injuries and suspensions.
They were phenomenal throughout the team but I can't help but think they were a bit lucky to get away with the penalty shout at the beginning as it led to a two goal swing - not to take away anything from Fabinho's strike. If City had led from the off it could have been a different story though.
Some of Liverpool's passing, pressing and movement was outstanding and as a team they have everything ATM.
I think they are a lot better than Paisley's teams ever were TBH.

551OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Nov 12 2019, 20:22

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
luckyPeterpiper wrote:On a side note I watched the Liverpool v Man City game today and wondered if I'd stepped back in time. I haven't seen Liverpool play like this with such consistency since Bob Paisley was the manager. They literally did remind me of the late 70's, early 80's team that seemed invincible and they made City look ordinary. I know it's still early in the season but for my money Liverpool are the Champs elect and Klopp has really got what it means to play in the style their fans want.

They were phenomenal throughout the team but I can't help but think they were a bit lucky to get away with the penalty shout at the beginning as it led to a two goal swing - not to take away anything from Fabinho's strike. If City had led from the off it could have been a different story though.
Some of Liverpool's passing, pressing and movement was outstanding and as a team they have everything ATM.
I think they are a lot better than Paisley's teams ever were TBH.
Also they were playing in front of their own rabid fans. 
I still think City are a better team overall but have taken a little dip so far this season.
If city still have a shout by the time the return fixture comes about I'll take them on their own ground.
Having said that I hope Liverpool win it....just to shake things up...or Leicester.

552OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Nov 20 2019, 14:07

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pochettino sacked, Mourinho in at Spurs.

Only last year Pochettino was being vaunted as untouchable and the best thing since sliced bread - and decided to stay at Spuds despite offers from elsewhere.

553OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Nov 20 2019, 14:17

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Pochettino sacked, Mourinho in at Spurs.

Only last year Pochettino was being vaunted as untouchable and the best thing since sliced bread - and decided to stay at Spuds despite offers from elsewhere.
I honestly think this is a dreadul decision. While it was clear Pochettino was struggling he wasn't properly supported by the board who were more interested in paying for their shiny new stadium than in building a squad capable of making a sustained challenge for the Premiership and European Cup. I honestly think that had he been allowed to recruit some of the players he wanted Spurs would have given Liverpool and City a real run for their money over the long term. However Levy has decided to sack him and taken the completely incomprehensible decision to bring in Mourinho.

Mourinho imo has failed to adapt, his tactics are woefully outdated and frankly he failed both at Chelsea and Man Utd. Add in his 'style' which I am certain Spurs fans will hate and I think Levy will soon regret this move deeply.

554OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Nov 20 2019, 15:36

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Can't see Mourinho lasting long there, he will demand loads of money for transfers and Levy will say no.

Spurs have gone stale but it's no fault of Pochettino as he's done a great job there under the circumstances. The next Manure manager i reckon.

555OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Nov 20 2019, 16:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mourinho seems to have got the job by claiming he's into working with the talent that is already at the club i.e. not wanting more money for transfers which is perhaps why he got the job.
Looking forward to hearing what my Spurs mate thinks of it.

556OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Nov 21 2019, 18:00

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I would like both of them to come to BWFC and see what they do with nowt...….Keith Hill is better Smile

557OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Nov 21 2019, 18:37

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mourinho's antics will make the Premiership more interesting for the rest of us.  Just sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

He always starts out cool and happy, but slowly turns into the monster from the black lagoon.

He does get results though.

558OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Nov 21 2019, 19:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Mourinho's antics will make the Premiership more interesting for the rest of us.  Just sit back and enjoy the fireworks.

He always starts out cool and happy, but slowly turns into the monster from the black lagoon.

He does get results though.
I agree. Should be fun.

In passing Cajun, is your avi painting a Norman Cornish? Always loved his stuff.

559OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Fri Nov 29 2019, 12:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unsurprisingly Unai Emery's been sacked.

Watched the first half of the game v Eintracht in the pub with my Arsenal mate last night and he was hoping they'd get battered by Norwich at the weekend so that they'd get rid of Emery, but his wish has come true a bit earlier. Some papers speculating they'd be in for the Wolves manager but that's effing cheeky IMO.

560OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 28 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Sun Dec 01 2019, 02:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Euro 2020 - Germany, France and Portugal drawn in the same group. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 28 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 15 ... 27, 28, 29 ... 39 ... 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum