Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views.

+35
karlypants
Norpig
Sluffy
Whitesince63
Hip Priest
Ten Bobsworth
Banks of the Croal
sunlight
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
luckyPeterpiper
boltonbonce
Bolton Nuts
Nigelbwfc
wessy
RustyNail
rammywhite
Cajunboy
Angry Dad
Boggersbelief
observer
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
MartinBWFC
gloswhite
DEANO82
Growler
okocha
Bread2.0
Chairmanda
Bollotom2014
Reebok Trotter
Kane57
Fabians Right Peg
terenceanne
39 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Go down  Message [Page 48 of 50]

941OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Sep 07 2022, 10:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Tuchel sacked.

942OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Sep 07 2022, 10:20

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Tuchel sacked.
Despite their poor performances I'm still quite surprised about this for some reason.

943OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Sep 07 2022, 10:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
Despite their poor performances I'm still quite surprised about this for some reason.
Knee jerk.

944OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Sep 07 2022, 10:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Seems odd to give him £300m to spend on players then sack him.

945OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Sep 07 2022, 10:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Seems odd to give him £300m to spend on players then sack him.

Aubameyang only joined because he'd worked with Tuchel previously. Where does this leave him?

946OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Sep 07 2022, 10:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Seems odd to give him £300m to spend on players then sack him.

Overpaid massively for Stirling and Cucurella and the team looks weaker than last season so I guess his judgement is questionable but it's Tuchel's mess and I'd have thought that he'd be best placed to sort it out - I'd have thought that anyone coming in would have an unenviable task.

947OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Sep 07 2022, 11:08

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I'm surprised at this news yet at the same time I'm not!

It's normal for new owners to appoint their own man as manager but not normal to let them spend £300 in the weeks before they do!

I think the clock was against the new owner, they backed the manager they inherited and not been too impressed with what he ended up delivering!

Tuchel has been acting bizarrely in his behaviour as well recently after both the Spurs game and yet again last night.

I don't think he's recruited wisely, and I think that is already showing on the pitch.

Contrary to Wanderlust (as per usual!) I think the new manager will have a great opportunity to turn things around by dumping some of the players he's inherited from Tuchel in the same way the United boss has been free to dump Ronaldo and Maguire and massively improved his team in doing so.

948OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Sep 07 2022, 11:14

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

How ridiculous. After adding so many new players it was obviously going to take time to figure out how to most effectively play them together. A quality coach like Tuchel would have figured that out. I hope they crash and burn for this. Another leg up for Man Utd getting in the top 4. I’d also question whether he wanted some of the new signings and who made the call to bring them in.

949OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Sep 07 2022, 16:16

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Graham Potter is going to speak to Chelsea, he'd be mad to go there!

950OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Sep 08 2022, 01:46

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Credit to Potter for leading Brighton to a mid-table finish last year but I’d love to understand how anyone thinks he’s the best option out there to lead Chelsea to a PL or CL title. Beats me.
Same with Villa and Everton. How the hell are Gerrard and Lampard deemed the best coaches out there?

951OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Sep 08 2022, 10:25

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:Credit to Potter for leading Brighton to a mid-table finish last year but I’d love to understand how anyone thinks he’s the best option out there to lead Chelsea to a PL or CL title. Beats me.
Same with Villa and Everton. How the hell are Gerrard and Lampard deemed the best coaches out there?

Agree with you regarding Lampard and Gerrard. But I reckon Potter is the outstanding candidate for the Chelsea job. He's turned Brighton from a relegation threatened club to challenging for European places with limited resources, while making a profit on transfers. They play nice football and seem to have a great spirit.

Who is better?

952OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Sep 08 2022, 10:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Agree with you regarding Lampard and Gerrard. But I reckon Potter is the outstanding candidate for the Chelsea job. He's turned Brighton from a relegation threatened club to challenging for European places with limited resources, while making a profit on transfers. They play nice football and seem to have a great spirit.

Who is better?
Expectations are limited at Brighton. Chelsea will be expecting a lot more, and fast.

953OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Sep 08 2022, 12:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really hope he doesn't go.
Baggie mate and I included Brighton to qualify for Europe in a treble along with with Wanderers and West Brom getting promotion from their respective divisions.

954OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Thu Sep 08 2022, 13:26

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Graham Potter: Chelsea set to appoint Brighton boss as manager in next 24 hours

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62824133

955OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Sep 20 2022, 19:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Bolton Wanderers FC cuts betting links at stadium
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-58672469

Coincidence...?

956OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Feb 21 2023, 21:46

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Liverpool currently being hammered 2-5 at the moment in the Champions League against Real Madrid (at Anfield) - after being 2-0 up!

I'm not a Liverpool fan, although two of my mates live and breath Liverpool(!) but they seemed to have absolutely imploded this season after almost winning everything last season (Champs League, PL. FA Cup and League Cup).

Quite funny watching them (and Chelsea) struggling.

Salah seems to be a shadow of the player he was last season (many claimed he was the best in the world - and he may well have been) but he's done nothing since signing his new 3 year extension contract at £350k per week!!!

Mohamed Salah signs new three-year Liverpool contract
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/62013642#:~:text=Mohamed%20Salah%20has%20signed%20a,player%20in%20the%20club's%20history.

PS - Hope Everton (and West Ham) get relegated this season too!

Very Happy

957OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Feb 21 2023, 22:04

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Salah seems to be a shadow of the player he was last season (many claimed he was the best in the world - and he may well have been) but he's done nothing since signing his new 3 year extension contract at £350k per week!!!

Done nothing?

Leading scorer in the Champions League, most assists in the Champions League?

Has KP hacked your account?

958OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Tue Feb 21 2023, 22:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:Salah seems to be a shadow of the player he was last season (many claimed he was the best in the world - and he may well have been) but he's done nothing since signing his new 3 year extension contract at £350k per week!!!

Done nothing?

Leading scorer in the Champions League, most assists in the Champions League?

Has KP hacked your account?

I did say since he signed his contract extension!

Fwiw both my Liverpool mates (neither of whom were born or have even ever lived in Liverpool - or anywhere near it) reckon Salah's legs have gone and that he's lost that yard of his speed.

(One of them says van Dijk's legs have gone too - neither of them have wanted to speak much about Liverpool this season - for a change!).

Can't say I follow them much (or any other team either apart from BWFC) but they do and the results clearly reflect their opinions.

I guess everything will change when they splash the cash and buy Bellingham for next season...

959OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Feb 22 2023, 18:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:I did say since he signed his contract extension!

Fwiw both my Liverpool mates (neither of whom were born or have even ever lived in Liverpool - or anywhere near it) reckon Salah's legs have gone and that he's lost that yard of his speed.

More fake news.

Salah signed his new contract in July. Up until last night, in this seasons Champions League, he was the leading scorer and leading assister.

So he's top dog in the world's biggest competition and he's past it?

You tit.

960OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. - Page 48 Empty Re: OTHER FOOTBALL - News and Views. Wed Feb 22 2023, 20:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Very Happy

Fwiw he is currently the top scorer in the Champions League with 8 (but I doubt he is top of the assists with just 2?).

Sounds good I grant you but four of those goals were scored at Rangers who finished bottom of the group with no points and let in 22 goals in just 6 games.

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/fc-liverpool/spielplan/verein/31

Fwiw he's scored a similar 8 goals in the PL this season so far compared to 23 for last season.

He's good but the stats are showing he's peaked and on the way down.

Time catches up to all of us eventually.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 48 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 25 ... 47, 48, 49, 50  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum