Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Before Dates

+4
Sluffy
Chairmanda
Natasha Whittam
boltonbonce
8 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Best Before Dates - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Before Dates Mon Sep 18 2017, 14:48

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

rammywhite wrote:
Sluffy wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:In Birchwood we only have 3 bins.

Black.....General rubbish

Blue......Recycle bin

Green...Garden waste. For which we pay £30 per year.

I wouldn't want any more.

Recycling varies throughout the country based on what facility your recycling gets taken to.

Some recycling Centres (known in the trade as Materials Recovery Facility's or MRF's (pronounced as 'murf's')) have been built to deal with just certain types of stuff to be recycled, others can do the lot.

So if your council uses the local one that only deals with certain stuff, it the has to get you to sort out at your doorstep and put various other recycling stuff into other coloured bins so they can collect it separately and transport it to another recycling centre that can deal with it.

Councils push people to recycle not just because it is the right thing to do anyway but also because they have to pay a tax to put non recycled stuff in land fill sites.

So in effect if you don't recycle you are effectively paying for your rubbish to be taken away and dumped through a higher Council Tax charge.

If everybody recycled everything, your council would not need to pay landfill tax and thus would need to charge you less Council Tax accordingly.

Same with litter picking - its not free to throw rubbish on the floor - you simply pay more Council Tax for the Town Hall to pay people to pick the stuff up for you.

Sluffy,

You amaze me. Is there nowt on telly that you could watch?

For a brief while in my career I was responsible for the waste management of a large local government authority.

It really wasn't something I was particularly interested in but I had to know my stuff in order to do the job well.

You may have seen on the news recently about the problems of a refuse strike in Birmingham, I had the dubious pleasure of being the manager of another council who had to deal with the angry residents of another local authority who also endured a strike of refuse and recycling services.

Standing up at public meetings in front of extremely angry people (most of whom fully believed it was the only council service they ever got for the Council Tax they paid) made the abuse I sometimes get on the forums look like nothing at all.

Happy I don't need to do stuff like that these days though.

22Best Before Dates - Page 2 Empty Re: Best Before Dates Mon Sep 18 2017, 14:54

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Plenty of garbage on here Sluffy.

Most of it from me. Razz

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum