Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Octoberfest

+8
Bread2.0
observer
boltonbonce
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
luckyPeterpiper
Norpig
wanderlust
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Octoberfest - Page 2 Empty Re: Octoberfest Sun Oct 01 2017, 11:53

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel encouraged by the performance against the Villa but now Parky has two weeks in which to build on it and get us ready for the Wednesday game which I think is a must win. Burton and Brum both play on Friday the 13th and if they lose and we get the points on Saturday there will be a whole new vibe about the team going into the QPR match. This parrot ain't quite dead yet.

22Octoberfest - Page 2 Empty Re: Octoberfest Sun Oct 01 2017, 15:49

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Bread2.0 wrote:
Dunkels King wrote:The current situation reminds me of when we went down to League 1. Every game I was thinking ok we will get something out of this and start climbing up the table. It didn't happen. The only problem this time is that we look worse than two years ago.  If we get anything out of those games I can imagine it will be one point in a 0-0 at home to QPR. I don't think we have a chance in any of the others.

This man's opinion should be listened to and respected.

His mother taught me to read.

Wonderful lady.
I bet she didn't teach you all that foul language.

23Octoberfest - Page 2 Empty Re: Octoberfest Sun Oct 01 2017, 15:59

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:I feel encouraged by the performance against the Villa but now Parky has two weeks in which to build on it and get us ready for the Wednesday game which I think is a must win. Burton and Brum both play on Friday the 13th and if they lose and we get the points on Saturday there will be a whole new vibe about the team going into the QPR match. This parrot ain't quite dead yet.
I feel strangely upbeat after yesterdays performance, although perhaps it's the thought of the two week break I'm benefiting from.

Hopefully with Vela back and Henry plus Ameobi settling in, the team will be stronger.

Sadly Madine and Alf are not going to provide the number of goals we need to survive.  Last season our defenders really got many of our goals from set play, it's to be hoped they can get forward and do the same again.  I realise it's not as easy in the Championship for the big men to get forward and bombard the opposition.

Or am I just deluded.

24Octoberfest - Page 2 Empty Re: Octoberfest Sun Oct 15 2017, 10:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Out of interest Lusty, which October fixtures do you see as winnable because I'm struggling to wrestle a single point from these games?

October Fixtures
Wednesday (h)
QPR (h)
Fulham (a)
Sunderland (a)

scratch
IF Vela is back and IF Parky goes with and works on a system that puts us further up the park and IF we get a bit of luck then we might win both home games and get draws away. 

Not enough to get us out of the drop zone but enough to keep us on the pace.

Lusty? You're crackers, mate. 8 points (and 3 IFs) in October? You do know we currently have 2 from 10 games, right? Properly crackers.
It's a start, but we did need the three "ifs" especially the bit of luck I mentioned.
Essential we now build on it with a result against QPR which means the players mustn't get carried away with their first victory and repeat the workrate they delivered against Wednesday - we are deep in one game at a time territory.

25Octoberfest - Page 2 Empty Re: Octoberfest Sat Oct 21 2017, 16:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I guess the only positive is we have 4 points from 2 games so far in October, but we are still way off where we need to be.

26Octoberfest - Page 2 Empty Re: Octoberfest Sat Oct 21 2017, 17:00

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

wanderlust wrote:I guess the only positive is we have 4 points from 2 games so far in October, but we are still way off where we need to be.

4 points more than I expected. Vela and Ameobi still getting match fit so I expect us to continue with the improvement. At least we're actually picking up points

27Octoberfest - Page 2 Empty Re: Octoberfest Sat Oct 28 2017, 17:03

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Almost back on track with the Octoberfest prediction. We'll just have to win at Sunderland now.

28Octoberfest - Page 2 Empty Re: Octoberfest Fri Nov 03 2017, 15:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote:
wanderlust wrote:
finlaymcdanger wrote:
Out of interest Lusty, which October fixtures do you see as winnable because I'm struggling to wrestle a single point from these games?

October Fixtures
Wednesday (h)
QPR (h)
Fulham (a)
Sunderland (a)

scratch
IF Vela is back and IF Parky goes with and works on a system that puts us further up the park and IF we get a bit of luck then we might win both home games and get draws away. 

Not enough to get us out of the drop zone but enough to keep us on the pace.

Lusty? You're crackers, mate. 8 points (and 3 IFs) in October? You do know we currently have 2 from 10 games, right? Properly crackers.
It didn't quite work out as hoped but at least we went through the entire month without losing albeit with 6 points instead of eight and as Fin points out, we'd have been "crackers" to have expected that back in September.
Hopefully November won't be as grim as we might expect and we're still in touch when December's mixed bag comes around.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum