Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

“I love playing for that man and I believe in him” - Madine gives Parkinson full-backing

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gary Madine hopes Phil Parkinson gets the chance to turn round Wanderers’ fortunes after the international break.

Though it came as little solace to a team bottom of the Championship without a goal in 12 hours of football, around 1,000 travelling fans stayed behind at Villa Park to acknowledge a plucky Whites performance.

Madine had come closer than anyone to ending the drought, seeing an effort cleared off the late by Villa’s man-mountain defender Chris Samba in the last minute.

While the fans still appear to be onside, speculation over the manager’s position nevertheless cranked up a gear after an eighth successive defeat.

“I love playing for that man and I believe in him,” Madine told The Bolton News.

“I’m sure he has got ideas on how to turn the team around. If we can do what we did against Villa, I don’t think there will too much he needs to change.

“Personally, I think he is a really good manager, his man-management is brilliant. You can all see I am not scoring goals but the fans are still cheering and supporting me and I put that all down to the gaffer, he’s getting the best out of me.

“I certainly hope I’ll be working under him for a long time to come.”

Madine felt Wanderers’ efforts went unrewarded at Villa Park, where Jonathan Kodjia’s first-half penalty proved the decisive strike.

The striker was impressed by the backing given by the Whites’ away support and is convinced both goals and results can be achieved under Parkinson, the man who led the club out of League One last season.

“If they had started booing us we couldn’t say anything about it but fair play to them. That’s why we have the belief we can get out of this,” he said. “I am sure you are looking at that game and thinking it’s a very good away performance, and I think Steve Bruce and his lads will be thinking it was a tough game which could have gone either way.

“We’ve had a couple of goals go in against us off people’s backsides and sooner or later it’ll be our turn.

“Fans can see we’re working hard and sooner or later it will change.”

Madine could hardly believe his eyes when Samba stooped to clear his late effort, which would have salvage a point.

“I thought it was 1-1,” he said. “Their gaffer had just brought him on and that’s what he does. He’s 6ft 7ins, an absolute monster, and he has taken the ball in his face. I think he growled at the same time.

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Of course Madine loves Parky, he's the only manager who'd pick him every week.

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

He really is stupid isn't he?

“I’m sure he (Parkinson) has got ideas on how to turn the team around. If we can do what we did against Villa, I don’t think there will too much he needs to change"

We lost 1-0. Lost! He doesn't think too much change will be needed to completely reverse a result?

"You can all see I am not scoring goals but the fans are still cheering and supporting me and I put that all down to the gaffer, he’s getting the best out of me"

Acknowledges that he's not scoring goals but claims that the gaffer is getting the best out of him. WTF? And, he says the fans are still cheering him but credits the manager for that too. Really? Not the fans? It really does blow my mind.

A vote of confidence for Parky from the dumbest player in our squad.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum