Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Josh Vela

+10
Wanderers for 45
bryan458
MartinBWFC
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
observer
wessy
karlypants
xmiles
Reebok Trotter
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Josh Vela Empty Josh Vela Tue Dec 05 2017, 16:52

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to news reports Brighton are eyeing up Josh Vela ahead of a potential move in January. Vela, 23, has 18 months left on his contract and may be sold to help ease the club's financial worries.Derby County, Leeds United and Sheffield Wednesday are also among Vela's admirers.

2Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Tue Dec 05 2017, 17:19

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Very worrying but inevitable given our financial predicament.

3Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Tue Dec 05 2017, 18:01

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shite. Not good.

4Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Tue Dec 05 2017, 19:18

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If Clough can't get a game at Forest then Josh will have splinters in his arse at Brighton. Don't see it happening.

5Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Tue Dec 05 2017, 20:08

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wessy wrote:If Clough can't get a game at Forest then Josh will have splinters in his arse at Brighton. Don't see it happening.
Get Clough back for 25% of what we were paid... cmon KA... show us some negotiating skills.

6Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 13:57

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Now that Prats is getting on a bit, Josh is perhaps our only box to box athlete in the senior squad and he has a bit of talent too. OK he isn't De Bruyne but I reckon he is a crucial part of the team and shouldn't be sold under any circumstances. It will be an interesting test of Anderson's ambitions for the club but given his track record it wouldn't surprise me if another asset was cashed in.

7Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 14:00

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He himself stated the return of Ameobi and Vela was no surprise to the change of results after our bad start, so it would be stupid to cash in. A Championship club is more attractive than a league 1 club to potential buyers.

8Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 14:19

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:Now that Prats is getting on a bit, Josh is perhaps our only box to box athlete in the senior squad and he has a bit of talent too. OK he isn't De Bruyne but I reckon he is a crucial part of the team and shouldn't be sold under any circumstances. It will be an interesting test of Anderson's ambitions for the club but given his track record it wouldn't surprise me if another asset was cashed in.
Pratley, box to box mid-fielder? you are joking aren't you? I'd put him down as an athlete but never a footballer, but then I see him in real time and do not in the slightest rate him, he's just shite at what he does.

9Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 15:14

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

MartinBWFC wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Now that Prats is getting on a bit, Josh is perhaps our only box to box athlete in the senior squad and he has a bit of talent too. OK he isn't De Bruyne but I reckon he is a crucial part of the team and shouldn't be sold under any circumstances. It will be an interesting test of Anderson's ambitions for the club but given his track record it wouldn't surprise me if another asset was cashed in.
Pratley, box to box mid-fielder? you are joking aren't you? I'd put him down as an athlete but never a footballer, but then I see him in real time and do not in the slightest rate him, he's just shite at what he does.
Come on now !! Pratters is deffo a box to box midfielder its just that everyone else is twice as quick, I can honestly say that with the exception of Franck Passi, ive never seen anyone run around as much without ever getting near the ball, a top signing, cheers Owen!!!

10Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 16:01

Wanderers for 45

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

Our improvement is in having Pratley and Henry in midfield. Just my opinion. Pratleys recall after injury at Fleetwood helped us go on a great run with 5 away wins on the bounce.
Just seen an article regarding Josh Vela saying Leeds are preparing a 700k bid. Fuck off you Yorkshire twats. Anything less than 4 million with add ons and I’d rather let his contract run down.
Bolton have sold all our development players £2.1 million for Holding was a disgrace. If Luton Town command £4 million for a leauge 2 striker. We should be getting a minimum 4 million for Vela.
Ken Anderson is just interested in balancing the books. He wants rid and if we are still losing money then he will undoubtably sell Vela.

11Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 16:23

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Pratley aside ( he is a bit shit though ) See Sunderland are eyeing Madine in January

12Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 16:31

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Pratley aside ( he is a bit shit though ) See Sunderland are eyeing Madine in January
Selling to a club that are in direct competition with us would not be beyond Ken IMO. 
As for Pratley, he used to have a great engine but was made to look daft by trying to close down the opposition on his own earlier in the season and is greatly improved by playing deeper alongside Henry.

13Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 16:38

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wanderlust wrote:
MartinBWFC wrote:Pratley aside ( he is a bit shit though ) See Sunderland are eyeing Madine in January
Selling to a club that are in direct competition with us would not be beyond Ken IMO. 
As for Pratley, he used to have a great engine but was made to look daft by trying to close down the opposition on his own earlier in the season and is greatly improved by playing deeper alongside Henry.
No he really isn't, Henry has helped make him look slightly better, but trust me he's still shite, take it from me Wandy I see him almost every week.

14Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 16:59

Can’t see anyone being desperate enough to sign Vela that they pay a fee in January. Far more likely he’ll negotiate a free transfer this time next year.

15Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:17

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Ken Anderson is just interested in balancing the books.

Yep what an idiot why not borrow 180 million if only the previous regime had done that we wouldn't be in the shit we are in. what you thinking Ken !!!!

16Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:17

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree that Pratley had an impact last year at the right time, and at present his partnership with Henry on the whole works, we just need to bring someone in who can do a better job, who can beat a man put in a tackle without going to ground, so that he can drop to the bench.

Last edited by wessy on Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:21; edited 1 time in total

17Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:18

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd rather we keep Vela and Leeds can do one with their 700k bid. They are guaranteed to get promotion to the Prem so he'd be better off staying with us until a better offer comes along.

18Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 18:43

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:I'd rather we keep Vela and Leeds can do one with their 700k bid. They are guaranteed to get promotion to the Prem so he'd be better off staying with us until a better offer comes along.
Leeds won't be going anywhere RT, they are bottlers. lol!

19Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 19:58

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

If Vela goes to Brighton it'll be at least 5 ex Bolton "stars" in the Premier League, 3 of them at Chelsea and Arsenal.

And what did we get? about £10 million combined for Gary Cahill, Aaron Mooy, Marcus Alonso and Rob Holding.

20Josh Vela Empty Re: Josh Vela Wed Dec 06 2017, 22:01

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Growler wrote:If Vela goes to Brighton it'll be at least 5 ex Bolton "stars" in the Premier League, 3 of them at Chelsea and Arsenal.

And what did we get? about £10 million combined for Gary Cahill, Aaron Mooy, Marcus Alonso and Rob Holding.

I can't remember us ever getting a fair price for one of our players. Anyone got any suggestions of us getting a good deal on a sale?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum