Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-0 Hull

+15
observer
Bolton Nuts
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Natasha Whittam
NickFazer
rammywhite
Norpig
karlypants
finlaymcdanger
wessy
wanderlust
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

41BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Tue Jan 02 2018, 10:58

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:Buckley will get better I believe in him. Rememer he's been out with injured rather frequently. A run of few games and he will come good.

Yes, because being injured for a couple of games makes you forget how to control a simple pass :facepalm: .

He's crap.

42BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Tue Jan 02 2018, 12:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:From inside the ground, it felt for the most part a comfortable one nil lead, can't be denied that we rode our luck late on twice, but i think the other shots that you list were nothing more than shots on target, but i hold my hands up i couldn't see the TV screen from the west stand lower.
One came off the inside of Alnwick's leg and skewed just wide, but apart from the shots he saved there were a few close efforts from them and occasions when they really ought to have scored especially the balls across our 6 yard line notably the one that everyone missed and the one Clark put over. It's a fair point that regulation saves are just the goalie doing his job, but if luck had gone against us we could have let in a few - just as we might have scored more at the other end. Main thing is we didn't and somehow managed to come out on top in a fairly even game and I am not in anyway complaining about that. But when the margin of victory is a fine as this, to say we have room for improvement is fair enough IMO.

43BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Tue Jan 02 2018, 15:07

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

44BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Tue Jan 02 2018, 17:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the absence of a BEL I dropped into the Sheff U and Hull chat rooms and there's an interesting trend that sort of reflected Wilder's post match comments about us being a physical team that relied on hoofing it to Madine. Pre-match, both sets of fans expected nothing less and yet as the games progressed and after the match the consistent theme was that whilst we were shit, we worked harder, wanted it more and won most tackles and second balls. One Blades thread was entitled "Outthought and Outmuscled". 
Looks like the old tag hasn't gone away, but seeing that Parky was alluding to the need for a physically big strong box-to-box midfielder I'm wondering if there's an element of truth to it? I thought we occasionally played some decent stuff in both games and Madine's goal against Sheff U was a tap in from a good cross rather than a set piece. And work rate has improved enormously.
Maybe Parky is saying that to set the narrative for selling Vela and he's got the next Patrick Viera lined up for a tenner? Either way, the idea of us being a team of "anti football" bullies is getting traction again.

45BWFC 1-0 Hull - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Hull Tue Jan 02 2018, 20:24

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:In parky we trust.. fuck off martin

In the words of Meat Loaf, you took the words right out of my mouth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum