Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brentford 2-0 Bolton

+8
observer
BoltonTillIDie
finlaymcdanger
karlypants
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
Norpig
Sluffy
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Sat Jan 13 2018, 14:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

observer wrote:4-0 Lusty... feel better now?  -17 GD for Sundy... could have been more... 9 shot on target for Cardiff to none.  Let's hope we can hold our own today and steal one point.
A lot better. That final goal means we start our game level on GD at -18 so if we can avoid defeat we'll have a bit of breathing space between us and one of the teams below us. The rest are breathing down our necks.

22Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Sat Jan 13 2018, 14:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Charsley starts!

23Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Sat Jan 13 2018, 14:51

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live here: [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

24Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Sat Jan 13 2018, 14:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Wanderlust is clearly trying to get his post count up.

KP has probably promised him a blow job once he hits 15,000 posts.

Very Happy

25Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Sat Jan 13 2018, 17:58

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Wanderers

Wanderers' winning run in the league came to a halt after they bowed out to goals from Florian Jozefzoon and Neal Maupay against Brentford.

The frontman netted the opener just after the interval before a late cheeky backheel from substitute Maupay gave the Bees the maximum points on a cold afternoon in London.

Team News

Harry Charsley was handed his debut for Bolton Wanderers just 24 hours after signing on loan from Everton. Karl Henry and Darren Pratley, who both got injuries in Wanderers’ last league outing – the 1-0 victory against Hull City, were replaced by Josh Vela and Derik Osede in the engine room.

First Half

After a spritely start from both sides, the hosts had the game’s first effort on 13 minutes when Florian Jozefzoon flashed a volley wide from close range.

Yoann Barbet had an opportunity from a free-kick but his header went high over Bel Alnwick’s cross bar.

The hosts were getting a foothold on the game as the half wore on and Alnwick had to be sharp to get hold of Barbet’s dangerous looking cross.

The deadlock was broken five minutes before the break courtesy of a decisive right-footed drive from Jozefzoon. The goal had a sense of inevitability about it and spurred the Bees on to finish the half on top.

Madine, with his back to goal after receiving a smart pass from Sammy Ameobi, saw his shot deflect for a throw in but that was as good as it got for the visitors in the opening 45 minutes.

Second Half

Barely a minute into the second-half and Wanderers had a half-chance to restore parity but Derik’s effort from distance cannoned off a team-mate to go out for a goal-kick.

Brentford should have doubled their lead through Jozefzoon on 49 minutes when some smart play carved open Wanderers’ backlinie, but Alnwick pulled off a sensational save to prevent the frontman from getting his brace.

Phil Parkinson made his first change on 54 minutes when Will Buckley replace the debutant Charsley.

Captain Nico Yennaris hit the foot of Alnwick’s right hand stick from distance as Brentford tried to increase their advantage.

David Bentley, the Bees ‘keeper, somehow got his body to keep out a close range effort from Gary Madine after Antonee Robinson’s probing run resulted in a defensive mix-up.

Adam Le Fondre came on for Filipe Moriais with just over 20 minutes to go to give Wanderers a fresher impetus up front.

Buckley had a chance on goal after Ameobi drifted in from the right but the sub’s effort lacked the power to trouble Bentley.

Wanderers’ final change of the afternoon came when Aaron Wilbraham replaced Mark Little with little over six minutes of the contest remaining.

Any hopes of a revival were dashed when substitute Maupays impudent backheel sealed the points for the hosts.

Full Time

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

26Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Sat Jan 13 2018, 20:14

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

On the bright side, we are not in the bottom three. I've officially given up hope of promotion, though.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

27Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Sat Jan 13 2018, 20:47

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

It's very disappointing that the new signing was subbed less than an hour into the defeat.Ken said that he'd only sign players who were good enough and fit enough to go straight into the first team and produce.

28Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Sat Jan 13 2018, 21:47

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Keegan wrote:On the bright side, we are not in the bottom three. I've officially given up hope of promotion, though.
Hang on... let me make a note of that... no promotion this year!   Crying or Very sad

29Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Sun Jan 14 2018, 10:56

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Parky fucked up here. You can't bring a young boy with absolutely no professional experience into a side locked in a relegation battle.

I can't believe he couldn't find an experienced head, even if he was well into his 30's, who could do a similar job to Henry. But we shouldn't be surprised, Parky isn't exactly quick at identifying our weaknesses.

30Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Mon Jan 15 2018, 13:14

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having spoken to a few fans who went to the game I get the impression that most pretty much accept the defeat as getting beaten by a better side as though it was to be expected and therefore nothing to worry about. I could go along with this if we were comfortably mid table with no relegation worries, but under the circumstances - and despite having a few injuries to cope with - I just don't think it was good enough. Three of our next 4 games are at home but they are against Ipswich, Bristol City and Fulham (12th, 5th and 8th currently) with an away trip to Cardiff (3rd) thrown in. Should we accept defeat against all of them who are clearly better sides than us? I don't think so. If we have any chance of survival Parky has to find a way to get points from every game regardless of who we are playing against.
One of my sons put some positive spin on our position by saying we are in a mini-league of 6 teams who are all within 5 points of each other for relegation so as only 3 get relegated we have a 50% chance of survival. Add to that the fact that we are currently out of the bottom three and the possibility of other teams getting dragged into to it and there is a statistical case to say we have more chance of surviving than going down. This is BWFC though. If there's a chance of cocking it up, we'll take it.
Sort it out Parky.

31Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Mon Jan 15 2018, 13:33

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:Having spoken to a few fans who went to the game I get the impression that most pretty much accept the defeat as getting beaten by a better side as though it was to be expected and therefore nothing to worry about. I could go along with this if we were comfortably mid table with no relegation worries, but under the circumstances - and despite having a few injuries to cope with - I just don't think it was good enough. Three of our next 4 games are at home but they are against Ipswich, Bristol City and Fulham (12th, 5th and 8th currently) with an away trip to Cardiff (3rd) thrown in. Should we accept defeat against all of them who are clearly better sides than us? I don't think so. If we have any chance of survival Parky has to find a way to get points from every game regardless of who we are playing against.
One of my sons put some positive spin on our position by saying we are in a mini-league of 6 teams who are all within 5 points of each other for relegation so as only 3 get relegated we have a 50% chance of survival. Add to that the fact that we are currently out of the bottom three and the possibility of other teams getting dragged into to it and there is a statistical case to say we have more chance of surviving than going down. This is BWFC though. If there's a chance of cocking it up, we'll take it.
Sort it out Parky.
One of my friends is a Brentford supporter and he said we played better than most of the clubs they have faced... and the Brentford crowd was very impressed by Antonee Robinson.  They also thought that Madine put in a great shift up front.  We may have lost, but the lads put in a shift.  We still need help finishing... very poor indeed there.  Alnwick kept us in the game... again.

32Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Mon Jan 15 2018, 14:05

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

observer wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Having spoken to a few fans who went to the game I get the impression that most pretty much accept the defeat as getting beaten by a better side as though it was to be expected and therefore nothing to worry about. I could go along with this if we were comfortably mid table with no relegation worries, but under the circumstances - and despite having a few injuries to cope with - I just don't think it was good enough. Three of our next 4 games are at home but they are against Ipswich, Bristol City and Fulham (12th, 5th and 8th currently) with an away trip to Cardiff (3rd) thrown in. Should we accept defeat against all of them who are clearly better sides than us? I don't think so. If we have any chance of survival Parky has to find a way to get points from every game regardless of who we are playing against.
Sort it out Parky.
One of my friends is a Brentford supporter and he said we played better than most of the clubs they have faced... and the Brentford crowd was very impressed by Antonee Robinson.  They also thought that Madine put in a great shift up front.  We may have lost, but the lads put in a shift.  We still need help finishing... very poor indeed there.  Alnwick kept us in the game... again.
Or kept the score down to a respectable level.

33Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Mon Jan 15 2018, 14:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:I don't think so. If we have any chance of survival Parky has to find a way to get points from every game regardless of who we are playing against.

No one expected us to win at Brentford, especially after they trounced us at home.

We don't need to get points from every game, if we took 4 from every 9 points we'd stay up.

34Brentford 2-0 Bolton - Page 2 Empty Re: Brentford 2-0 Bolton Mon Jan 15 2018, 15:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
wanderlust wrote:I don't think so. If we have any chance of survival Parky has to find a way to get points from every game regardless of who we are playing against.

No one expected us to win at Brentford, especially after they trounced us at home.

We don't need to get points from every game, if we took 4 from every 9 points we'd stay up.

Not quite - that would give us 49/50 and Blackburn were relegated with 51 last season. Anyhow, there isn't a single game this season that we can genuinely expect to win (hope maybe) so the same applies to Brentford as it does every remaining game - none should be written off as "getting beaten by a better team".

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum