Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-3 Preston

+16
doffcocker
finlaymcdanger
rammywhite
observer
boltonbonce
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
Leeds_Trotter
gloswhite
wessy
Norpig
Boggersbelief
Cajunboy
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
MartinBWFC
20 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 6]

61Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 16:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad

62Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 16:56

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute shite!

63Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 17:11

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

karlypants wrote:Absolute shite!
We are bound to be in a relegation fight for the remainder of the season.  Everyone is faster, stronger and cut through the defense on us.  Who can we beat to stay up?  Hopeful, but not confident, as it will take three teams who are worse than us for us to stay up.

64Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 17:14

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Hang in there Obs. There are currently 5 teams below us, and there's just as much pressure on them as there is on us.

65Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 17:21

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:Hang in there Obs. There are currently 5 teams below us, and there's just as much pressure on them as there is on us.
Underperforming at home will keep us in the mix of 6 or hopefully 7.  I'm only hoping that there are indeed 3 teams worse than us.  At the same time, we have come a long way since the Aston Villa game.  Today's second half though, was dismal.

We have a huge game at Reading this week, followed by Sheffield Weds, Aston Villa and Leeds (3 of 4 on the road).  I only hope we are not in the bottom three following these next four matches.

66Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 17:31

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

I hope so too. He seems to have gone into another period of chopping and changing, trying to find the best permutation, and I just hope he figures it out in time for us to play consistently as we go into the end of the season.

67Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 17:37

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

gloswhite wrote:He seems to have gone into another period of chopping and changing, trying to find the best permutation

I think he's just trying to catch teams out. If they don't know how were going to play maybe it gives us an advantage. Pretty desperate measures though. A like-for-like Madine replacement would have allowed us to continue playing the way we know works best.

68Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 17:52

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Poor today but thought Preston played very well. Dervite had a shocker today but PP left him on. chance missed today. Hopefully Birmingham, Burton and Sunderland will keep us safe.

69Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 18:01

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

wessy wrote:Poor today but thought Preston played very well. Dervite had a shocker today but PP left him on. chance missed today. Hopefully Birmingham, Burton and Sunderland will keep us safe.
And therein lies the problem, why should we be looking at other teams to fuck up a little more than we do? again today we made Preston look like Barcelona by gifting  possession, went a goal up and he has them sitting deep defending the lead, he's so fucking clueless tactically, and what happened to Flanagan,

70Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 18:07

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

What an infuriating performance on all accounts.

Selection, substitutions, individual performances, all complete bollocks.

I'm amazed that when Walker got subbed there wasn't a huge celebratory applause. Say what you like about LeFondre - yes he's been a let down this season overall - but he's not once looked as utterly useless as Walker has on every occasion.

Still, not to worry, there's always super sub Wilbraham, Parky thought. What a bloody joke.

Fair play to PNE mind, they had a couple of players with pace and trickery and our only player matching that description was having one of his off days (putting it politely).

I'm not sure but I think we ended up losing this fixture last time round in exactly the same way. Winning at half time, lose it late on. PNE are becoming a major irritant. Fuck off all things Preston.

71Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 18:08

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

gloswhite wrote:I hope so too. He seems to have gone into another period of chopping and changing, trying to find the best permutation, and I just hope he figures it out in time for us to play consistently as we go into the end of the season.
Amen Glos... could not agree more!  Just hate when our defense is sliced and diced.

72Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 18:11

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That was utter shite. Added to which,I can't feel my legs.

On that form we're looking down the barrel.

73Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 18:19

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Absolute fucking shite. Every one of those outfield players should hang their fat heads in shame.

And Parkinson can fuck off as well, does he pick names out of a hat when he's choosing his starting 11?

Ameobi. What a prize bellend. He is terrible. One good game followed by six or seven shite ones. He should have been off at half-time. Same goes for Walker, what an absolutely useless footballer he is, he must be the son of Ali Dia. And the rest weren't much better, they should all be dropped for Tuesday.

I am seething.

But more importantly, after mouthing off all week about how we were going to dick the Knob Enders, I can never go home again. I need someone to put me up for a few nights until I can find a new penthouse outside of Preston. PM me your address, and give me 5 reasons why I should choose you.

74Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 18:33

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Absolute fucking shite. Every one of those outfield players should hang their fat heads in shame.

And Parkinson can fuck off as well, does he pick names out of a hat when he's choosing his starting 11?

Ameobi. What a prize bellend. He is terrible. One good game followed by six or seven shite ones. He should have been off at half-time. Same goes for Walker, what an absolutely useless footballer he is, he must be the son of Ali Dia. And the rest weren't much better, they should all be dropped for Tuesday.

I am seething.

But more importantly, after mouthing off all week about how we were going to dick the Knob Enders, I can never go home again. I need someone to put me up for a few nights until I can find a new penthouse outside of Preston. PM me your address, and give me 5 reasons why I should choose you.
Only you could use two euphemisms for penis in one sentence, while inviting sexual misbehaviour in the next sentence. Stick to picking a starting eleven for Tuesday night and send it to clueless Parky.  We'll be in the bottom three by the end of March if we continue to play like we did today.

75Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 18:38

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Report: Bolton Wanderers 1-3 Preston North End

Wanderers suffered their first home league defeat since December when going down by three goals to one at home to Preston on Saturday afternoon.

The Whites drew first blood through Mark Beevers, with him opening the scoring early in the first half when poking the ball home inside the Lilywhites' six-yard box.

An effort from Tom Barkhuizen and a brace from substitute Sean Maguire however in the second period saw the visitors take all three points.

TEAM NEWS

Phil Parkinson made two changes from the side that drew 0-0 against Norwich City last weekend with Josh Vela and Tyler Walker returning to the starting XI at the expense of Reece Burke and Adam Le Fondre who were named among the substitutes. Suspended duo Mark Little and Karl Henry served the last match of the bans.

FIRST HALF

Wanderers had an early opportunity to add some heat on an otherwise frozen day not long after kick off when they were awarded a free-kick from just outside the box after Sammy Ameboi was pushed in the back. Filipe Morais opted to float the ball in but if drifted away for a goal kick.

North End were quite lively too and had a couple of set pieces of their own which amounted to nothing as they strived to get an early initiative.

Billy Bodin should have done better when he was put through but he hesitated and allowed Antonee Robinson to catch up with him which distracted him. Ben Alnwick narrowed down the angle and the Wanderers keeper blocked the shot from the visiting frontman.

Bodin followed this up with another effort as Wanderers failed to clear their lines on a couple of occasions. This time his header from a whipped in ball failed to trouble Alnwick who safely gathered the effort.

But it was the hosts who took their advantage after 12 minutes thanks to Mark Beevers opening goal of the campaign. Robinson’s probing run had earned a corner for Wanderers. North End failed to deal with the ball and Josh Vela had a thumping drive cleared off the line; however, Beevers was the first to react and prodded home to send the home fans wild

Beevers could have had another, again from a corner, just five minutes later when his glancing header was cleared off the line.

The travelling 3,800 Preston fans were silenced by now.

But Tommy Barkhuizen almost ended that when he carved out a chance, twisting his markers inside and out, before seeing his shot caress the fingertips of the imperious Alnwick.

At the other end, a great interchange between Vela and Ameobi resulted in the former finding plenty of space. However, the midifelder’s delivery didn’t the pace to find Morais who was clamouring for the pass.

SECOND HALF

Wanderers commenced the second half with another free kick in a decent position. Morais’ ball was swung in but Declan Rudd got to it before any trouble occurred.

The visitors got themselves on even terms after 52 minutes when Barkhuizen outmuscled Dervite to calmly guide past the advancing Alnwick.

Callum Robinson should have put the visits in front when he blasted high and wide from close range as the visitors sought to capitalise on their momentum.

Parkinson responded by making a double substitution with Le Fondre and Kirchhoff coming on for Walker and Karacan.

Kirchoff, with his first touch in a Wanderers shirt, managed to get aheader on target off a Morais free-kick.

Substitute Maguire put the visitors in font with 13 minutes of the game remaining when his close range shot came in off the post to nestle in the back of the net.

Ruddy parried a Vela drive moments later as Wanderers looked to restore parity.

Parkinson’s last throw of the dice saw Aaron Wilbraham come on for captain Pratley.

But Maguire's second in stoppage time ensured that the visitors took all three points back down the M61 with them.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

76Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 19:35

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

2nd half today was awful, couldn' string 2 passes together. 

Still think we will stay up bases on the fact that the teams underneath us seem incapable of putting any sort of run together. Hopefully Birmingham won' benefit from the up turn in form a new manager sometimes brings to the table.

77Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 19:48

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

doffcocker wrote:

Fair play to PNE mind, they had a couple of players with pace and trickery and our only player matching that description was having one of his off days (putting it politely).

I'm not sure but I think we ended up losing this fixture last time round in exactly the same way. Winning at half time, lose it late on. PNE are becoming a major irritant. Fuck off all things Preston.
Parky wanted to sign 2 decent Championship players in the January window after selling Madine but Ken wouldn't offer enough money for them, its very difficult to find players with pace and trickery on low wages and with a low transfer fee.
I think you're right about squandering the lead against Preston 2 years ago and that the 3rd time in a row they've won here after beating us in a friendly.
Ken will have a nice time counting his money mind, after getting 18,100 on at £30 a ticket

78Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sat Mar 03 2018, 23:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Get a grip men, we've lost to a team just 3 points outside the play off positions for Gods sake!

We aren't expecting to win every game ever and a loss to Preston is not in the least a surprise.

We've got a crap team yes, but as long as we finish above three other even crapier teams - and two of the bottom three clubs played today as well and only bottom team Sunderland could pick just a single point up on us - we will stay up.

Henry and Little now served their bans.

Tomorrow is another day.

Onwards and upwards.

79Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sun Mar 04 2018, 01:42

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We lost against a team fighting for the playoffs, I would have been happy with a draw, it wasn’t to be. Onwards and upwards.  Nat you can stay in Yorkshire, there was loads of truckers stuck on the m62 yesterday, I’m sure there’ll be many truckers wiling to keep you warm.

80Bolton 1-3 Preston - Page 4 Empty Re: Bolton 1-3 Preston Sun Mar 04 2018, 08:02

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Get a grip men, we've lost to a team just 3 points outside the play off positions for Gods sake!

Once again, a defeat like this means nothing to an armchair fan in Slough.

Try going to the match, seeing the useless tugboats under perform, and then come back and say you're happy with things.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum