Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

78 year old arrested on suspicion of murder

+6
boltonbonce
wanderlust
Natasha Whittam
xmiles
Norpig
karlypants
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

After two men break into his home, one armed with a screwdriver. 

The burglar was stabbed by one of the homeowners kitchen knives and has died.

Isn’t it about time that the law was changed in favour of the homeowner so you can defend yourself, your family and property?

After all most thieving twats break into houses armed!

I wouldn’t think twice of doing whatever necessary to make sure my family and property was ok.

What are your thoughts?

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

if it was burglars and he was defending himself then he shouldn't have been arrested. Hopefully it was just standard practice and he will not be charged with anything.
I would defend my home and family in the same way if someone broke into my house and was tooled up.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Sounds like self defence based on what I have heard so far. Even if he is charged I doubt any jury would convict him.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

While I agree with the above comments, why has he been charged with murder rather than manslaughter? I thought murder had to be premeditated in some way?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes it seems a bit of an over reaction by the police particularly when actual murders in London are on the rise (another two announced today).

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There is precedent when a Norfolk farmer, Tony Martin, shot and killed one burglar and injured another. He was given a life sentence, later reduced to 5 years on appeal.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Yes but didn't he kind of preplan his attack and shoot them in the back as they were fleeing?

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:Yes but didn't he kind of preplan his attack and shoot them in the back as they were fleeing?
He later went on to publicly endorse the BNP. Nice chap.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:There is precedent when a Norfolk farmer, Tony Martin, shot and killed one burglar and injured another. He was given a life sentence, later reduced to 5 years on appeal.
I remember him.

The sentence was reduced to him having asbergers, autism or something similar.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
xmiles wrote:Yes but didn't he kind of preplan his attack and shoot them in the back as they were fleeing?
He was an absolute cock, but I posted it to give an example of the attitude to sentencing. 
I believe he shot at their car with his shotgun after they'd robbed him, although I'm still confused how shot penetrated the vehicle and hit one of them in the stomach.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:
He was an absolute cock, but I posted it to give an example of the attitude to sentencing. 
I believe he shot at their car with his shotgun after they'd robbed him, although I'm still confused how shot penetrated the vehicle and hit one of them in the stomach.
Wasn’t his shotgun unlicensed as well?

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cecil tried to sneak in through the Tradesman's Entrance last weekend, despite me telling him I didn't want to see him. He regretted it later, I have security on the back doors.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Cecil tried to sneak in through the Tradesman's Entrance last weekend, despite me telling him I didn't want to see him. He regretted it later, I have security on the back doors.
Laughing

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Police say there will be no further action.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Police say there will be no further action.
Fantastic news Boncey!  cheers

Seems like the guy who died was a fraudster who prayed on OAP’s too so good riddance imo!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Seems like the guy who died was a fraudster who prayed on OAP’s too so good riddance imo!
Yes. I'd certainly defend what's mine. I'm sure he'll feel upset that it had to come to such a conclusion,but he had every right to protect his home.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Yes. I'd certainly defend what's mine. I'm sure he'll feel upset that it had to come to such a conclusion,but he had every right to protect his home.
Absolutely and I am in favour of doing whatever necessary when some bastard breaks in to your home.

Just the rest of the scummy family to eradicate now! Very Happy

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It’s a shame that the pensioner has to endure 2 days in a cell.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:It’s a shame that the pensioner has to endure 2 days in a cell.
He's probably a regular visitor to his local GP surgery,so he'll be used to it. Smile

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:

He didn't shoot them in their car. They were two travelling gypsy burglars from Lincoln. Martin booby trapped his house and removed stair rungs and then sat in wait for burglars. The two villains broke in and Martin shot dead a young pikey called Fred Barass who died immediately. The second burglar climbed back out of the window and Martin let him have the other barrel up his backside. The second victim crawled across farm fields bleeding from his ringpiece and raised the alarm at a neighbouring farmhouse. Martin went on to have a succesfull pop career with his hit, A Legendary Night, based on the events.
78 year old arrested on suspicion of murder Images11

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum