Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is this why Wheater has been missing ?

3 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

So yesterday was disappointing. Whilst many expected Wanderers to lose against [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Derby County, the first half performance set the tone for the game.
Someone who played yesterday was [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]David Wheater, who hadn’t played in the previous five games.
There was a little story about [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Bolton Wanderers’ longest serving player in The Sun this morning.
The little snippet stated:
“Bolton’s David Wheater hopes to earn a £50,000 bonus - if he can keep his place. Centre-half and skipper Wheater, 31, is due the extra payment based on appearances. Captaining the side at Derby yesterday left him three short of his target of 32.”
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Obviously, I don’t know how true this is. 
Two years ago, Wanderers had to stop playing [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]Jay Spearing because of payments due to Liverpool. The Reds would have been due £100,000 had Spearing played once more in the 2015/2016 season.

LOV

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

This sounds all too believable given our financial situation.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

But it’s just £50k though.

King Ken would lose more than that dropping down to League 1 so doesn’t make sense to me although Wheater absence is suspicious I don’t think it’s for the sake of £50k.

It’s still £50k you need to find somewhere in a business that still makes a loss on a monthly basis (I believe?). Happened with Spearing, Moxey also moaned about not getting paid bonuses. It’s certainly plausible.

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

It will be interesting to see how many matches  he plays before  the end of the season.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum