Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

REACTION: Burton Albion 2 Bolton Wanderers 0

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Phil Parkinson says he cannot blame supporters for the outpouring of anger in today’s 2-0 defeat at Burton Albion.

Several fans attempted to confront the Wanderers boss after the Brewers’ second goal just before half time, while skirmishes in the away end also required the attention of police and stewards.

Fans chanted “you’re not fit to wear the shirt” during the first half and once the final whistle had sounded on a result which was much more comfortable than the score-line suggests.

Parkinson, whose side drop to second bottom and must win their final game at home to Nottingham Forest to stand a chance of avoiding relegation, was at a loss to describe the performance.

“I can’t blame the supporters at all,” he told The Bolton News. “I can’t at all. They have backed us in numbers home and away and today that wasn’t enough.

“I’d be very disappointed if I was a Bolton Wanderers fan who had witnessed that.”

Wanderers fell behind after Hope Akpan finished a decent penalty box move, instigated by ex-Bolton flop Marvin Sordell.

Less than 10 minutes later Lucas Akin poked home from close range to spark angry scenes behind the goal.

“We conceded two softs goals and that made them feel 10 feet tall,” Parkinson said. “They had more fight in their bodies after that than we did. I can’t defend the softness of the goals we conceded.

“You have to give yourselves a chance in a game of football.

“The first one we got pinned on the edge of the box and the runner got off us. The second one we haven’t cleared our lines and the header – not the first one but the reaction to the second one which has cost us. I am bitterly disappointed with the performance and the way we responded to going 2-0 down.”

Burton could have scored more. Ben Alnwick made three excellent second-half saves from Akins, Liam Boyce and Sordell, and Luke Murphy wasted a good chance right in front of goal.

Bolton did not muster a single shot on target, and Parkinson accepted responsibility.

“As always, I have to take responsibility. I am the manager. I have to take it firmly on the chin,” he said.

Source

Bollotom2014

Bollotom2014
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I'm at a loss to understand why PP doesn't make copies of his similar excuses and have someone hand them out to the media week by week. It's always the same format; praise the fans. Explain losing by "Soft" goals. Then say the team have to pick themselves up. Week on week he says the same yet nowt changes. Be a bugger next year if we do drop down and PP is still here as I would imagine lots of fans would desert and financial problems would hit us hard. Need that win at Forest. We need goals.  Get Conor Hall in and see how he does. Can't be any worse than those we have at present.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum