Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ken Anderson - update.

+31
Sluffy
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
Ososhot7
RustyNail
Reebok Trotter
xmiles
whatsgoingon
rammywhite
maconman
Hipster_Nebula
Ten Bobsworth
bryan458
terenceanne
Dunkels King
Travelodge
Keegan
Cajunboy
Kane57
DEANO82
Leeds_Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
Boggersbelief
observer
boltonbonce
Nigelbwfc
y2johnny
Growler
Natasha Whittam
luckyPeterpiper
35 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Go down  Message [Page 33 of 50]

641Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 09:13

1. Why would they call in their loans? They know the club is hand to mouth, calling in the loans will just crash the club and force admin. The fact they haven’t done that is not a glowing endorsement of Ken, your clutching at straws again.

2. Iles has no obligation to be impartial - you’ve come round with this a few times. He’s a journalist, he’s paid to write his opinions - the issue is you think KA is devoid of any criticism because you’ve spent the last two years crafting a narrative that excuses any questionable going on at the club.

642Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 10:11

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:There was a young man called Norpig
Who went behind the bins for a cig
KP pulled out his knob
Gave a blow job
And home went a very happy Pig

i'm honoured to be your muse Nat i knew i would wear you down in the end, thanks for calling me young as well!

643Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 10:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

iles's job its to reflect the feelings of the papers readership and in turn Bolton fans. Someone has to question KA and his inability to pay the wages and the way he's lurching from one crisis to another and it should be the local paper doing this.

Going to be a poisonous attitude at the game today but i bet neither Anderson will be there.

644Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 10:26

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Here's an extract from Marc Iles defence:

'When the dust settled, I looked back at what I had written, the questions I had put to the former ownership before the major problems took hold and asked myself: Was it really good enough? I admit it was not.

So when new ownership came in, I made a promise that I would raise my own game, be more analytical, make sure the people in charge of the club were answerable for the decisions they made. I believe I owed that to the readership of the newspaper.'

Did he ask Dean Holdsworth what previous experience he had to justify his appointment, on a starting salary of £250K, to be CEO of a group of companies with a £30million turnover?

Did he ask and report on the terms of the Blumarble loan that were such an immediate problem after the takeover?

Did he ask about the further £250,000 paid to Holdsworth two months after the takeover?

Did he ask about the link between the £525,000 Inner Circle consultancy fee and  the £472,000 paid for Holdsworth's shares?

Did he ask how much Holdsworth's involvement had cost the club out of its very limited cash resources?

Marc Iles had been the full-time reporter on BWFC for several years when, in the summer of this year, he told his ill-informed readership that Gordon Hargreaves had funded the buildiing of the Reebok, ignoring the fact that it was built on debt repaid by Eddie Davies.

Are these the failngs of someone who has upped their game and tried to get to the whole truth and report it fairly and impartially? Not in my book, I'm afraid.

645Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 10:42

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lets face it Iles is never going to win a Pulitzer for his reporting but why does he have to be impartial? Journalists are meant to get to the real story and not just expect to toe the line.

All this defending on here of KA at the moment puzzies me, it's like he can do no wrong. Yes he came in and saved the club and made some hard decisions but he's dragging his feet now to get the most out of a sale and looking greedy and more like the second hand car salesman he was called before he took over.

646Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 11:02

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In the interest of balance you should read Iles' full article in the BN as he makes a good case whilst being reconciliatory.

647Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sat Dec 15 2018, 11:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i'd read it before i commented Lusty and yes it wasn't a good idea to post the muppets GIF.

648Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 08:37

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

If Eddie Davies thought newspapers 'a necessary evil' one can but wonder what he thought of Twitter.

So called football finance expert Kieran Maguire was on Twitter on Friday re-tweeting what seems to have been a tweet from Marc Iles that I cannot find on Iles Twitter page. Here it is:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]  [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

PriceOfFootball Retweeted Marc Iles

'If Bolton owner Ken Anderson, who paid himself £525,000 & his son £125,000 but salaries have gone unpaid in November, thinks that banning the local journalist from the club is good management, governance & PR, he is wrong. Job of the press is to question those in power.'

Let's just take Superagent first. His Twitter account has been quiet since 6 December which is unusual. But Ken Anderson declared, as he should have done, a payment of £125,000 to Athos Group in the year ended 30 June 2017 confirming also that the Athos Group is owned by a family member.

Lets assume that the Athos Group is a one-man band consisting solely of Lee Anderson with no other employees and no business expenses. Is £125K excessive compared to the costs of paying unrelated agents for the same services? Having regard to agents costs the club has had to pay in the past, I'd have to cast some doubt on that.

Now lets turn to the £525K. Marc Iles knows (because I personally raised the issue in his presence about six months ago) that there's an evident link between the £525K (before tax) consultancy fee and the £472K needed to pay off Dean Holdsworth and reach an accomodation with Blumarble (including agreement to reduce the interest charges by a significantly larger sum).

Interestingly, the audited 2017 accounts show again (it was first reported in the 2016 accounts) another amount of £250K paid to Sports Shield BWFC in May 2016 which seems to be additional to the £472K.

So why has Marc Iles raised no questions on any of this? Has he, in reality, been playing to the gallery of uninformed hotheads until Ken Anderson could no longer tolerate the personal abuse of himself and his family that were the inevitable and predictable consequence?

Will it just be the Anderson family that pays the price of BN carelessness or will it have accelerated and magnified the financial problems and concerns the club and its employees clearly face? I'm concerned that it may have done exactly that.

649Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 09:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Just had a look at the tweet.

Maguire is a lecturer of Football Finance at the University of Liverpool and a twitter mate and supporter of Iles.  

Seems he thinks he knows it all by how he tweets - clearly he knows nothing much about the £525,000 as evidenced in the time line of his very own tweet!!!

Maguire as highlighted Iles tweet reporting that he had been banned by the club (Iles had previously been in a twitter conversation with Maguire about these two payments in the body of a tweet some while back (that's probably why you can't find it Ten Bob) - but it was brought to the attention of KA at the time - and he did mention it publicly at the time in one of his Chairman's Notes (iirc) as evidence of Iles shit stirring on things he clearly had no understanding of) and again regurgitated this unproven inference that Anderson's have been taking wages whilst at the same time not paying the players.

So much for him being knowledgeable about the facts (he's clear not researched the matter himself) or his professionalism by simply taking it as gospel because someone as said that was the case on twitter!

If you expand the tweet to view the comments you will note one from someone who clearly reads Nuts - 'Boltonforever' - who has provided him with screenshots of your post on here where you list a number of 'clues' about Holdsworth sudden and unexplained wealth in his Sport Shield companies.

Interestingly Maguire seems not to have responded to that - maybe he will in time/maybe not?

Note for those looking for the conversation between Boltonforever and Maguire - I don't know if twitter is the same for everybody (I assume it is?) but Boltonforever's tweets always appear under 'show more replies' at the bottom of the threads for me - and on this occasion you also need to hunt down replies he's made to Maguire's tweet showing a picture of the clubs accounts.  BFE made about four or five separate posts altogether.

Fair play to you BFE, I certainly wouldn't waste my time trying to convince some smug know it all on twitter that he doesn't know the full story of what he's talking about.

650Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 10:18

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:Just had a look at the tweet.

Maguire is a lecturer of Football Finance at the University of Liverpool and a twitter mate and supporter of Iles.  

Seems he thinks he knows it all by how he tweets - clearly he knows nothing much about the £525,000 as evidenced in the time line of his very own tweet!!!

Maguire as highlighted Iles tweet reporting that he had been banned by the club (Iles had previously been in a twitter conversation with Maguire about these two payments in the body of a tweet some while back (that's probably why you can't find it Ten Bob) - but it was brought to the attention of KA at the time - and he did mention it publicly at the time in one of his Chairman's Notes (iirc) as evidence of Iles shit stirring on things he clearly had no understanding of) and again regurgitated this unproven inference that Anderson's have been taking wages whilst at the same time not paying the players.

So much for him being knowledgeable about the facts (he's clear not researched the matter himself) or his professionalism by simply taking it as gospel because someone as said that was the case on twitter!

If you expand the tweet to view the comments you will note one from someone who clearly reads Nuts - 'Boltonforever' - who has provided him with screenshots of your post on here where you list a number of 'clues' about Holdsworth sudden and unexplained wealth in his Sport Shield companies.

Interestingly Maguire seems not to have responded to that - maybe he will in time/maybe not?

Note for those looking for the conversation between Boltonforever and Maguire - I don't know if twitter is the same for everybody (I assume it is?) but Boltonforever's tweets always appear under 'show more replies' at the bottom of the threads for me - and on this occasion you also need to hunt down replies he's made to Maguire's tweet showing a picture of the clubs accounts.  BFE made about four or five separate posts altogether.

Fair play to you BFE, I certainly wouldn't waste my time trying to convince some smug know it all on twitter that he doesn't know the full story of what he's talking about.
Thanks for that Sluffy. I'm not registered on Twitter (and don't intend to be) but I'll look up what I can when I have a bit more time. I've been looking into Dean Holdsworth's activities before he 'saved' BWFC. Very interesting it is too!

I'm a bit of an amateur at this IT lark but why can I not attach links on Nuts any longer?

651Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 10:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Thanks for that Sluffy. I'm not registered on Twitter (and don't intend to be) but I'll look up what I can when I have a bit more time. I've been looking into Dean Holdsworth's activities before he 'saved' BWFC. Very interesting it is too!

I'm a bit of an amateur at this IT lark but why can I not attach links on Nuts any longer?

Don't know Ten Bob you should be able to?

If this works below, I've attached a link to Maguire's Twitter account that I think you should be able to access even though you are not on twitter.

If it works scroll down a bit where he has the Iles tweet - then click on his text (not Iles tweet) and it should open the thread so you can see the replies.

As I've said Boltonforever appears under the 'more replies' link and you will see his other tweets in two other places, the first being under '2 more replies' and the second where Maguire rather patronisingly tweets 'The accounts are lying?' - click on the text of Maguire's not the copy of the accounts shown.

Hope this works -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you do have trouble with links please let Karly know and I'm sure he will sort it out for you.

652Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 10:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And so the complete and utter unsubstantiated speculation about the supposed motives of Iles, Deano, Maguire, ED and anyone else it suits continues unfettered and unabated but the second anyone questions Anderson’s motives we’re in lockdown.

Typical.

653Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 11:03

A football finance lecturer makes two tweets about the club (amongst many others about clubs throughout the footballs league). Instantly he’s dismissed as - smug know it all, mate/supporter of Iles, unprofessional and unknowledgeable. As I’ve said before this is Trump like behaviour, and ridiculous.

We don’t know all the facts, Maguire was commenting off the club accounts which seems an obvious place to start to me. Maybe there is more to the fee, but it’s out of line to attack the character of a man simply for not following your narrative.

654Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 11:39

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Thanks for that Sluffy. I'm not registered on Twitter (and don't intend to be) but I'll look up what I can when I have a bit more time. I've been looking into Dean Holdsworth's activities before he 'saved' BWFC. Very interesting it is too!

Don't know Ten Bob you should be able to?

If this works below, I've attached a link to Maguire's Twitter account that I think you should be able to access even though you are not on twitter.

If it works scroll down a bit where he has the Iles tweet - then click on his text (not Iles tweet) and it should open the thread so you can see the replies. Spotting the clues.

As I've said Boltonforever appears under the 'more replies' link and you will see his other tweets in two other places, the first being under '2 more replies' and the second where Maguire rather patronisingly tweets 'The accounts are lying?' - click on the text of Maguire's not the copy of the accounts shown.

Hope this works -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

If you do have trouble with links please let Karly know and I'm sure he will sort it out for you.

Sorted it now thanks, Sluffy. When I went to school we had ink monitors so getting my head round all this new-fangled stuff brings about the odd senior moment now and then.

It seems Maguire's an academic and the problem with some of them is they often don't have a lot of practical experience. Anyone can report what the figures say. That's dead easy. The real skill lies in recognising things that need a bit more scrutiny. Spotting the clues.

655Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 12:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Ten Bobsworth wrote:Sorted it now thanks, Sluffy. When I went to school we had ink monitors so getting my head round all this new-fangled stuff brings about the odd senior moment now and then.

It seems Maguire's an academic and the problem with some of them is they often don't have a lot of practical experience.

Ink monitors in my day too, so we must be of the same generation.

One of the hardest of hard core Anti-Anderson haters who I obviously won't name, but you will have read his 'contributions' on other sites, is a college lecturer.

As I've mentioned before I do like sayings and believe there is more than a semblance of truth that underlie them so maybe there is something in the old adage that - 'He who can does; he who cannot, teaches' (George Bernard Shaw).

As for my two camp followers please feel free to ignore them. They are only trolling looking for a response from me, with one of them apparently really believing what he types(!) and the other just here for an argument.

656Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 12:24

Easier to stick your head in the sand than actually address other opinions.

657Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 12:39

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:Easier to stick your head in the sand than actually address other opinions.

I'm happy to address anybody's opinions but we both know why you are here and I'm not prepared to play your game for your amusement.

For what it is worth I read the twitter conversations between Maguire and Iles which so incensed Anderson and I fully agreed with him.  Two so called professionals discussing someone else business on a public social network site with both of them not knowing the facts of what they were talking about!

I doubt either gives a toss what I think but I doubt you'd be over the moon if two people supposedly clued up about such things were talking uninformed bollocks about your business.  I know I would.

658Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 13:11

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sluffy wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:Sorted it now thanks, Sluffy. When I went to school we had ink monitors so getting my head round all this new-fangled stuff brings about the odd senior moment now and then.

It seems Maguire's an academic and the problem with some of them is they often don't have a lot of practical experience.

Ink monitors in my day too, so we must be of the same generation.

One of the hardest of hard core Anti-Anderson haters who I obviously won't name, but you will have read his 'contributions' on other sites, is a college lecturer.

As I've mentioned before I do like sayings and believe there is more than a semblance of truth that underlie them so maybe there is something in the old adage that - 'He who can does; he who cannot, teaches' (George Bernard Shaw).

As for my two camp followers please feel free to ignore them.  They are only trolling looking for a response from me, with one of them apparently really believing what he types(!) and the other just here for an argument.

I thought of the GBS saying myself but I slightly prefer Mrs Jobsworth's observation of academics as 'untainted by experience'.

One academic historian of my acquaintance, an eminently decent man sadly now deceased, wrote a book in which he commented on some work I had done in favourable terms.  I would have been pleased if I had thought that he had understood more than 10% of what had really happened.

659Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 13:41

Sluffy wrote:
T.R.O.Y wrote:Easier to stick your head in the sand than actually address other opinions.

I'm happy to address anybody's opinions but we both know why you are here and I'm not prepared to play your game for your amusement.

For what it is worth I read the twitter conversations between Maguire and Iles which so incensed Anderson and I fully agreed with him.  Two so called professionals discussing someone else business on a public social network site with both of them not knowing the facts of what they were talking about!

I doubt either gives a toss what I think but I doubt you'd be over the moon if two people supposedly clued up about such things were talking uninformed bollocks about your business.  I know I would.

Could you link me to the Maguire and Iles conversation please.

660Ken Anderson - update. - Page 33 Empty Re: Ken Anderson - update. Sun Dec 16 2018, 14:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

T.R.O.Y wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Could you link me to the Maguire and Iles conversation please.

I've not got the time or interest to do so.

I do recall it was in the body of a twitter thread someone posted, I think to do with Maguires charts on Directors earnings.  I think he originally posted that there had been no Directors earnings at the club then someone (Iles?  I can't recall now) 'informed' Maguire that the club had paid a 'consultation' fee to one of Anderson's companies.  So Maguire amended his charts to make it look as though a club just barely avoiding relegation to the third tier had a chairman with one of footballs biggest directors payment made to him - which sparked a load of abuse against KA from the usual suspects on twitter and has been used ever since to stoke up the anti-Anderson feeling that now largely prevails against him.

It was something along those lines anyway.

If you wish to trawl through Anderson's statements until you find his remarks about Iles and Maguire, then that will give you an approximate date of when the tweets between the two were first made in this respect.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 33 of 50]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 18 ... 32, 33, 34 ... 41 ... 50  Next

This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum