Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

OFFICIAL - Bolton sign Joe Williams on season long loan

+4
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Wanderers are pleased to announce that Joe Williams has signed on a season-long loan from Everton.

The midfielder, who has been capped at England Under-20 level, is a product of the Everton youth academy and has been in their development programme since the age of seven.

In November 2014, Williams was an unused substitute for the Toffees' UEFA Europa League game against FC Krasnodar.

Last season meanwhile, the 21-year-old joined Barnsley on loan and played 38 times in all competitions.

Manager Phil Parkinson added: “We’re pleased to have signed Joe. He’s an excellent young player and is a great addition to the squad."

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Having watch some clips on youtube seems like he likes a good tackle. So maybe add a bit of steel in midfield for when its needed.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

When are they announcing the 2 strikers?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

karlypants wrote:When are they announcing the 2 strikers?

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pointless signing. He won't start a league game.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Seems to go to ground to tackle most of the time - I was always taught to stay on your feet and not commit yourself unless you had no choice (ie go in hard/foul them!). To be fair though he does spring up off the floor very quickly though.

Wonder if there's a youtube video of all the tackles he's missed and been left on his arse!

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not sure we needed him if he is a defensive midfielder as we have Lowe, Murphy, O'Neill and Vela who can all play there but i've not seen him play so will have to wait and see.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Not sure we needed him if he is a defensive midfielder as we have Lowe, Murphy, O'Neill and Vela who can all play there but i've not seen him play so will have to wait and see.

O'Neill is getting on a bit as a player and is only signed up to January so far, so I guess the jury is still out to see if his legs can last the full season. Vela seems more at home as a sort of withdrawn striker (I guess that's where he's been playing if Lowe and Murphy are all in the same team together(?)), so I can see the sort of sense in Williams arrival.

Maybe if it frees up Vela a bit more to play further forward it also takes the pressure off finding the 'two' strikers - maybe one will be enough?

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Seems like a red card in waiting going off them clips.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers have secured the services of another of Everton’s highly-rated youngsters, bringing in Joe Williams, despite great interest from a host of clubs.

Williams’ loan deal until the end of the season, was announced yesterday, and represents a real coup, given the competition to sign him up.

Hull, Bristol City and Wednesday night’s visitors to Bolton, Birmingham City, are believed to have been the Championship rivals hoping to land the Toffees’ under-21 midfield star.

But after conversations with Phil Parkinson – who took Antonee Robinson on loan from Goodison last season – Williams told the club’s official site how he wanted to be a part of what has been a successful season so far.

“Im delighted to be here, it’s a big club with big history and I just can’t wait to get going,” said the England Under-20 international. “I’m looking forward to playing games again in the Championship.

“I spoke to the manager. he’s been great and I had a meeting with him the other day. He sold the club to me really and how much he wanted me to be here and be a part of things.

“And the start the club has got off to as well has persuaded me to come here.

“I’m hoping to play as many games as I can and see where the season takes us now we’ve got off to a good start.”

Williams came through the youth system at Everton, the club he joined as a youngster, and played 38 games as a holding midfielder on loan at Barnsley last term.

After weighing up his loan options and watching the Whites’ victory against Birmingham he opted to join a side level on points with the early leaders. And he vowed to bring his all-round game to try to help Bolton build on an impressive start.

“I’m a box-to-box player,” he added. “I like to get on the ball, I can handle the ball in tight areas and I like to put a tackle in as well so I’m a bit of an all-rounder.

“I can’t thank Barnsley enough, they were great with me, I got a lot of games and got a lot of experience, I’m ready to make that next step now and hopefully finish in a good position with Bolton.”

“We’re pleased to have signed Joe, he’s an excellent young player.,” said Parkinson, who still has a few days left to secure a striker on loan. “He is a great addition.”

Wanderers’ odds for promotion have been slashed by bookmakers following three wins and a draw in their first four league games. Pre-season odds of 80/1 have now been halved, while their odds of being relegated have drifted from evens to 7/2.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:Seems like a red card in waiting going off them clips.

I think you may be suffering with depression. Seek help

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

MartinBWFC wrote:Seems like a red card in waiting going off them clips.
I agree with you.....those sliding tackles against better players could be dodgy and not in the penalty area if you please.
Otherwise give him a chance to settle in.....could be alright.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum