Bolton Nuts » BWFC » Bolton Wanderers Banter » BWFC 1-0 Derby

BWFC 1-0 Derby

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1 BWFC 1-0 Derby on Mon Sep 24 2018, 18:44

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
A bit of light relief before we go away to Stoke and then host Rovers at home for the local bragging rights. 
Frankie Lampard's lads are starting to show a bit of form so it's a shame we didn't get to play them a few weeks back, but hey-ho - they might just lose the plot when faced with the Macron onslaught.
For me it's another one of those where a lot depends on Parky's approach to the game. I'm still slightly in shock after his selection at Ipswich as by his standards it was massively adventurous for 34 minutes. I think Wheater and Hobbs have to start at the back which makes me reflect on the money that Rangers were prepared to front for Beevers, but with Wilson suspended I guess we still need him.
However, it's the midfield that holds the key to success or failure IMO. Any two from Noone, Wildschut, Dyer and Bonce's mate out wide but will he be brave enough to start Oz again? Difficult not to after being forced into subbing him last week although he hadn't exactly set the game on fire whilst he was on. And then there's the Doidge quandary. Have we overpaid for a player who can't hack it at this level or is he just warming up?
Lots of variables to consider so I'm going to have a wild guess at a 2 - 2 draw.

2 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Mon Sep 24 2018, 20:11

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
Derby are one of our bogey teams, our manager hasn't worked out how to play home games with this season's squad and we don't have a midfielder or attacker who would get offered a contract at Derby.The only good news is that Derby have a rookie manager.
I'd be delighted with a point
0-2

3 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Wed Sep 26 2018, 23:52

luckyPeterpiper

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I'm going to predict a win for us purely on the grounds that Derby ran themselves ragged against Man Utd and are probably still blissed out from winning that match. I know that's very optimistic of me but I think it's going to be Bolton 1 - 0 Derby with Wildschut to score

4 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 05:38

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
I'm becoming a pessimistic old sod- so I think there's nowt for us in this match.
2-0 to Stoke

5 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 10:35

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I'm becoming a pessimistic old sod- so I think there's nowt for us in this match.
2-0 to Stoke
It doesn't get more pessimistic than predicting we'll get beat by a team we're not playing TBH. Smile

6 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 11:06

BoltonTillIDie

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ha ha

7 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 11:08

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Very Happy

8 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 17:44

gloswhite

Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Don't listen Rammy. I consider you a man of vision, and are looking further ahead than the rest of us  Very Happy

9 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 17:49

rammywhite

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Don't listen Rammy. I consider you a man of vision, and are looking further ahead than the rest of us  Very Happy

Thanks Glos but I feel a bit of a dickhead!!
Anyway I'm in South Africa on safari so I don't really care. But seeing its Derby ( and not Stoke) I think it will now be 3-0

10 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 17:52

gloswhite

Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha
Done that, and loved every minute. Enjoy mate, its a brilliant country !

11 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 18:37

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly
We are away at Stoke on Tuesday and after already losing at home to Wigan and Blackburn they'll be wanting to avoid the hat trick of home defeats by recently 3rd tier North West clubs.
Unfortunately I cant see Derby's efforts on Tuesday night hampering them energy levels wise, if it had been Wednesday night maybe.Their biggest concern will be complacency

12 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:11

wessy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Lampard loved the Reebok in his Chelsea days, our home form plus the upsurge from Derby makes this look ominous . We haven't scored in the first half for 10 home games (so i am told) so i expect the law of averages to kick in with a goal (Oz) only to go on and lose 1-3 i hope i am way off the mark.

13 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:14

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
You lot are miserable, we’ve got nothing to fear in this game. Not expecting a win but we’ve shown enough this season to know we can challenge anyone in this division.

14 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:19

terenceanne

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We are away at Stoke on Tuesday and after already losing at home to Wigan and Blackburn they'll be wanting to avoid the hat trick of home defeats by recently 3rd tier North West clubs.
Unfortunately I cant see Derby's efforts on Tuesday night hampering them energy levels wise, if it had been Wednesday night maybe.Their biggest concern will be complacency
They don't need energy levels.....skilled footballers make the ball do the work. Chasing after balls that are just lumped up is what knackers you out. 
Complacency is a possible though..... they might figure they only have to turn up to beat us after the high of beating the scum.
So with that in mind we should go after them early ...... or wait till we are two goals down then go after them.

15 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:43

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
I can't see anything but a dicking. But I won't be making the same mistake as QPR.

I will be watching Chorley v Chester, a much bigger game.

16 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:45

MartinBWFC

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:I can't see anything but a dicking. But I won't be making the same mistake as QPR.

I will be watching Chorley v Chester, a much bigger game.
Who's going to occupy your box?

17 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:46

Natasha Whittam

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Who's going to occupy your box?

Sluffy has been dying to get into my box for years. Saturday is his big day.

18 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:50

T.R.O.Y

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:We are away at Stoke on Tuesday and after already losing at home to Wigan and Blackburn they'll be wanting to avoid the hat trick of home defeats by recently 3rd tier North West clubs.
They don't need energy levels.....skilled footballers make the ball do the work. Chasing after balls that are just lumped up is what knackers you out. 
Complacency is a possible though..... they might figure they only have to turn up to beat us after the high of beating the scum.
So with that in mind we should go after them early ...... or wait till we are two goals down then go after them.

They don’t need energy levels? Which players are you talking about exactly?

19 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Thu Sep 27 2018, 20:59

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Who's going to occupy your box?

Sluffy has been dying to get into my box for years. Saturday is his big day.

I’m sure you would have wanted Cecil to join you in your box the other day Question

20 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Fri Sep 28 2018, 06:00

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

21 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Fri Sep 28 2018, 10:08

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Ref Watch: Scott Duncan to oversee Derby County clash

Scott Duncan will take charge of Wanderers’ Sky Bet Championship home clash against Derby County on Saturday afternoon at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Entering into his 10th season as an official, Duncan has taken charge of nine games this season, in which he has produced 27 yellow cards and two red cards.

When looking towards last season, Duncan produced 113 yellow cards in 38 games, branding eight red cards in total.

One of those dismissals from last year included sending off Wanderers full-back Mark Little against Queens Park Rangers in February.

Michael George and Mark Dwyer will run the line for the fixture, with Matthew Donohue as fourth official.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

22 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Fri Sep 28 2018, 14:23

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Preview: Bolton Wanderers v Derby County

Phil Parkinson’s men come up against Derby County this weekend at the University of Bolton Stadium in the Sky Bet Championship.

With that being said, bwfc.co.uk have previewed the fixture with five important talking points to consider.

1. Injury News

Full back Andrew Taylor is struggling with a calf problem he picked up against Preston North End, while winger Sammy Ameobi is sidelined with an ankle injury that he suffered against Queens Park Rangers.

However, replacements are in line for Phil Parkinson’s side, with the likes of Jonathan Grounds impressing against Ipswich Town this previous weekend.

As well as this, options are plentiful for the gaffer out wide, with Craig Noone, Yanic Wildschut, Will Buckley and Erhun Oztumer vying for their spots in the starting 11.

2. Frank Lampard, new man in charge

A fresh face is at the helm of the Rams, in the form of former Chelsea and England centurion midfielder Frank Lampard.

Third all-time in Premier League appearances and highest scoring midfielder in terms of top flight goals, Lampard’s playing resume speaks for itself.

After calling it quits to his playing days in February 2017 and a stint as a pundit, Lampard took over the reins at Derby County in May of this year.

His start to life as the boss has been a good one, with the Rams sitting sixth in the Sky Bet Championship on 16 points, only two behind league leaders Leeds United.

To add to that, Lampard’s side managed to knock Manchester United out of the Carabao Cup Third Round on penalties this past week.

3. New Faces at Pride Park

Looking around the Derby County dressing room and the new man in charge has certainly been busy in the transfer market.

Jack Marriott joined the club from Peterbrough United in late July and has already made quite the impression on the fans at Pride Park.

He scored his debut goal at Old Trafford in the Carabao Cup that put Derby into the lead against Premier League opposition Manchester United.

Current Chelsea loanee Mason Mount joined in the summer until the end of the season and has had international recognition due to his excellent start on loan in Derbyshire.

The attacking midfielder has five goals in 12 appearances for the Rams and resulting from this, he was called up to the England U21 squad earlier this season.

Another loanee who has already left Rams fans salivating is Liverpool man Harry Wilson.

With only six games played in Derby colours, Wilson has already showed signs of what he can do in recent games with two goals in his last two appearances.

A memorable moment for Wilson and the Rams faithful is undoubtedly his stunning freekick against Manchester United in the Carabao Cup Third Round.

From the dead ball position, the forward left United’s goalkeeper Sergio Romero as a mere spectator as he struck an unstoppable effort into the top corner and celebrated as only a Liverpudlian can do at Old Trafford!

4. A game to remember

The scene is January 2, 2008, and Derby County are the opponents at the University of Bolton Stadium.

Heading into injury time and it looked as if the points were going to be shared between the sides.

However, a Greek midfielder had something to say about that, with Stelios Giannakopoulos latching onto a long ball forward by Jussi Jaaskelainen, chipping an onrushing Lewis Price before nodding it home to leave Derby fans stunned.

To see the goal in all its glory, click the link below!

5. Back the boys this Saturday!

Tickets are still available for Bolton Wanderers’ home fixture against Derby County this weekend.

With the Whites coming off the back of a well-earned point against Ipswich Town, your support could make all the difference heading into this weekend’s clash with Frank Lampard’s men.

Ticket Prices are as follows:

Adults from £26
Over-65s from £20
Under-23s from £20
Under-18s: £12
Under-12s: £10

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

23 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Fri Sep 28 2018, 15:46

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Not won in the last FIVE games, including two home games.

2 points from 15  possible.

We seem to have reverted to last seasons form.

Hope Parky doesn't park the bus until we are 2-0 down.  It wil be too bloody late then.

24 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Sat Sep 29 2018, 13:28

wanderlust

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Am I right in thinking that the donations we sent in were to pay for the game to be streamed on the portal?

25 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Sat Sep 29 2018, 13:43

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] wrote:Am I right in thinking that the donations we sent in were to pay for the game to be streamed on the portal?
Only midweek games are available to be streamed.

26 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Sat Sep 29 2018, 14:27

observer

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
When did Alnwick get injured?

27 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Sat Sep 29 2018, 14:42

Cajunboy

Andy Walker
Andy Walker
Grounds and Buckley in from the start, Alnwick out.

Hoping for a miracle.

28 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Sat Sep 29 2018, 14:46

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
Radio Nuts is now live via the portal! Smile

29 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Sat Sep 29 2018, 14:47

karlypants

Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

30 Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby on Sat Sep 29 2018, 16:02