Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

BWFC 1-0 Derby

+20
Sluffy
boltonbonce
DEANO82
doffcocker
Leeds_Trotter
bryan458
finlaymcdanger
observer
Cajunboy
MartinBWFC
Natasha Whittam
terenceanne
wessy
gloswhite
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
rammywhite
luckyPeterpiper
Growler
wanderlust
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

41BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sat Sep 29 2018, 17:48

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Pretty rubbish stats, need to be improved.

42BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sat Sep 29 2018, 17:58

luckyPeterpiper

luckyPeterpiper
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The lack of possession was a worry but in truth Derby never really looked like scoring except for one chance which was superbly saved close to the death. I only saw the second half of the match but thought the defence was colossal today, Hobbs and Wheater seem to partner very well and my only gripe is how easily we gave away possession when we had it. Doidge needs to learn to look up sometimes as well. There were a couple of occasions when he had the ball and could have easily crossed or passed it had he looked up but he didn't and lost possession both times. Overall though this was a pretty decent performance and the three points were even more welcome than the clean sheet.

43BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sat Sep 29 2018, 18:20

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Master class from PP today Hobbs at the heart of a superb defence, a middle 5 who all put a shift in and a glimpse of what is to come from OZ and a real shift from the striker.

Forget stats Derby played the ball sideways for long periods and only really threatened once in the second half. Well done BWFC and Buckley was at the heart of all our chances, the ref was a prick.

44BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sat Sep 29 2018, 19:45

Can’t believe anyone’s moaning about stats, absolutely meaningless when your primary tactic is to contain the opposition.

45BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sat Sep 29 2018, 20:01

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not the greatest game you'll ever see, but boy was it effective. Derby seemed to have the ball for 90 minutes but it wasn't until the last 10 minutes they actually had us under any sort of pressure. And even then it wasn't exactly last ditch defending.

Excellent performances all round, Hobbs magnificent, Magennis never stopped running, Lowe all over the pitch. Even Buckley looked a different player. No idea who we had in the nets but he looked safe and made the save when called upon near the end.

I gave Nuggy a good send off when he was hauled off.

The table makes good viewing, 5 points off the top and a bit of daylight to the bottom 3.

However, we MUST beat Blackburn. No other result is acceptable.

46BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sat Sep 29 2018, 20:06

Wonder why Martin hasn’t posted anything.

47BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sat Sep 29 2018, 20:08

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:Wonder why Martin hasn’t posted anything.

He's busy making his 'Parky Out' banner for the Rovers game.

48BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sat Sep 29 2018, 20:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Unable to make the game again today, but I'm hearing unnerving tales of Buckley doing ok. I need a detailed report.

49BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sun Sep 30 2018, 00:10

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Match highlights -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

50BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sun Sep 30 2018, 06:47

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

DEANO82 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Fantastic result, not sure how we get away with it when I take a look at the stats.

They didn't have any real clear cut chances, just lots of shots from outside the area. Hobbs was brilliant today and Buckley had his best game for us by a long way, he even managed to take on the full back a couple of times
So for all Derby's possession they only had two shots on target out of 17 shots.

51BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sun Sep 30 2018, 09:50

Hence why possession stats are such a poor way of judging performance.

52BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sun Sep 30 2018, 09:58

rammywhite

rammywhite
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm abroad at the minute and missed yesterdays game. Sounds like I missed a good 'un

53BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sun Sep 30 2018, 10:52

DEANO82

DEANO82
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Nigelbwfc wrote:
DEANO82 wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:Fantastic result, not sure how we get away with it when I take a look at the stats.

They didn't have any real clear cut chances, just lots of shots from outside the area. Hobbs was brilliant today and Buckley had his best game for us by a long way, he even managed to take on the full back a couple of times
So for all Derby's possession they only had two shots on target out of 17 shots.
No they had 1 and that was in the 89th minute.

54BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sun Sep 30 2018, 11:15

bryan458

bryan458
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Hobbs looks to be a real find !! lets hope he can stay fit.

55BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sun Sep 30 2018, 11:48

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We looked more solid at the back today with just 2 defensive mids in front of the back four than with the 3 Parky has used before - and how we finished the game when O'Neil came on. 
Instead of trying to hold two lines when out of possession, Oz was trying to move it forward and Williams and Lowe pushed on a bit more and the work rate from Magennis and the wingers harrassed them before they got within sight of our goal and when they did, Hobbs and Wheats mopped up superbly. A really hard working performance deserving of the win - helped by the tactical fine tuning. 

However I think the key factor was a bunch of experienced pros bullying Derby's kids and giving them no peace with a few crunching tackles at the start of the game to unnerve them a bit. We walked a fine line and Olkowski should have been sent off IMO but he wasn't and Derby's kids never got into their stride. 

I thought Oz got into some great positions but whilst he has good control and distribution, yesterday showed that he is too slow to break away from defenders and was eased off the ball far too easily on several occasions - Tomori had him in his pocket whenever he advanced. Great skill but his diminutive stature is a huge disadvantage unfortunately. 

Doidge is being asked to do a job that is nothing like his natural game. TBH when Magennis gets tired i reckon we'd be better off switching him for a runner e.g. Wildschut up the middle rather than Doidge who thrives on chances in and around the box - which he'll seldom get in this system.

56BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sun Sep 30 2018, 17:06

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Doidge would have scored if Williams made the pass instead of shooting.

57BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sun Sep 30 2018, 18:31

wanderlust wrote:Doidge is being asked to do a job that is nothing like his natural game. 

You’ve no idea what his natural game is.

58BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Sun Sep 30 2018, 20:51

RustyNail

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Best defensive performance since Big Sam was in charge. Derby looked a decent side and we restricted them to one solitary chance. Hobbs MOTM, closely followed by Jimmy Krankie, who ran his little arse in to the ground. Really good performance against a much better side.

Parky Out.

59BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Mon Oct 01 2018, 08:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A great performance from the Super Whites, yes Derby had most of the ball but absolutely nothing with it. Hobbs was outstanding alongside Wheater and even Grounds had a good game.

The midfield battled well all game and i thought Lowe was fantastic in front of the back 4, Williams did give the ball away a few times but wasn't far behind due to his work rate.

A great team performance all round  Very Happy

60BWFC 1-0 Derby - Page 3 Empty Re: BWFC 1-0 Derby Mon Oct 01 2018, 11:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

T.R.O.Y wrote:
wanderlust wrote:Doidge is being asked to do a job that is nothing like his natural game. 

You’ve no idea what his natural game is.
You've no idea what ideas I have so don't make claims you can't substantiate.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum