Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Amir Khan looking for ideas for empty £5m venue

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amir Khan says he will make a final decision on the future of his £5 million wedding venue site when he returns from his next fight.

972048-D4-9467-4-E05-A055-796-B149-C6230

The Bolton-born boxer submitted plans for the site, in Washington Street, Deane, in 2013, with construction beginning in 2015, before work seemed to grind to a halt.

Initial proposals would have seen the building turned into a wedding venue, banqueting suite and function hall and were widely welcomed by councillors when they were first revealed nearly six years ago.

The development was to contain a restaurant and bar on the ground floor, an 800-seater function hall on the first floor, a VIP restaurant on the second floor, a roof terrace and 51 parking spaces.

Now, Khan - who is in training for a World Welterweight Title fight against American Terence Crawford - says he will be deciding on the future of the building when he returns.

He posted a video of the site on Facebook, and wrote: “Decision time when I’m back from the April 20 fight in New York.

“The building will be finished from outside and water tight. I will decide what to do with it.

“Send me your ideas, what I should do?”

He added: “3.5 acres of land at the back of the building. How many houses/apartments would you get on the back? Or a hotel, shopping mall?

“The Bolton University is 0.3 miles away. How about student accommodation?”

Khan’s fight against 31-year-old Crawford, is scheduled to take place at Madison Square Garden.

Source

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All I can say is that I’m glad I don’t live anywhere near that monstrosity!

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Slipperama. Leisure footwear for the mature of mind, and body. I'm in.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Slipperama. Leisure footwear for the mature of mind, and body. I'm in.

:rofl:

Nigelbwfc

Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

karlypants wrote:Amir Khan says he will make a final decision on the future of his £5 million wedding venue site when he returns from his next fight.

972048-D4-9467-4-E05-A055-796-B149-C6230

The Bolton-born boxer submitted plans for the site, in Washington Street, Deane, in 2013, with construction beginning in 2015, before work seemed to grind to a halt.

Initial proposals would have seen the building turned into a wedding venue, banqueting suite and function hall and were widely welcomed by councillors when they were first revealed nearly six years ago.

The development was to contain a restaurant and bar on the ground floor, an 800-seater function hall on the first floor, a VIP restaurant on the second floor, a roof terrace and 51 parking spaces.

Now, Khan - who is in training for a World Welterweight Title fight against American Terence Crawford - says he will be deciding on the future of the building when he returns.

He posted a video of the site on Facebook, and wrote: “Decision time when I’m back from the April 20 fight in New York.

“The building will be finished from outside and water tight. I will decide what to do with it.

“Send me your ideas, what I should do?”

He added: “3.5 acres of land at the back of the building. How many houses/apartments would you get on the back? Or a hotel, shopping mall?

“The Bolton University is 0.3 miles away. How about student accommodation?”

Khan’s fight against 31-year-old Crawford, is scheduled to take place at Madison Square Garden.

Source
Welcome to the new UNIBOL.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum