Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Beware the Ides of March

+5
Natasha Whittam
karlypants
boltonbonce
Ten Bobsworth
Norpig
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 7]

1Beware the Ides of March Empty Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 08:18

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

The bit of Shakespeare I remember most from my school days are from Julius Caesar.  'Beware the Ides of March' warned the soothsayer prior to Caesar's assassination.

I'd been thinking about whether Keith Hill would last until the Ides of March (15th) when, just over a fortnight ago, I checked to see if Dale Vince's overdue Ecotricity Group accounts had been filed.

No they hadn't but the employment of one of its directors, Simon Crowfoot, had been terminated and notice filed the same day. 'fee fie foe fum' I thought, drawing on earlier recollections of my childhood.

I think it was safe to conclude that there were ructions going on behind the seasons at Ecotricity just as there were when BWFC's 2016 accounts were late.

All Ken Anderson's fault according to FIBS and the ST, but it wasn't. The accounts couldn't be signed off until both Anderson and Holdsworth agreed on what was to be included and how certain transactions were to be described, not least the £250K paid to Holdsworth two months after the change of ownership.

So the first thing I spotted in the Ecotricity Report was that Crowfoot's name had been misspelt and there seemed to be no mention of his departure, even though it had taken place eight days before the Report was signed off.

Next I noticed that Dale Vince, the owner, had again avoided signing off the Report. Curiously, for four years in succession the Annual Report has been signed off by different directors and none of the previous three have remained in employment long enough to see the next year's Report.

So, what of the numbers? Losses again, of course, but I've not looked at them in any detail yet or looked at any transactions with directors.

Is it more fun than watching BWFC lose for the umpteenth time? It is for me. I can't bear to see BWFC lose for the umpteenth time, especially to the most third rate of third rate opposition.

2Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 08:37

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Do Forest Green have a forum? I couldn't give a flying fuck about them to be honest.

3Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 08:53

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:Do Forest Green have a forum? I couldn't give a flying fuck about them to be honest.
You mean you don't feel sorry for poor Mr Vince who is trying to save the planet whilst those nasty politicians reduce the subsidies that enabled him to buy his castle and his £750K eco-car?

Never mind next year, with a bit of luck, you'll be able to visit Forest Green, sample his vegburgers and tell him how much you love and admire him.

Don't forget to wear your No Ken Do shirt.

4Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 10:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like their vegan pies. Ate two Bob. Very Happy

5Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 10:30

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I like their vegan pies. Ate two Bob. Very Happy
How much were they? It costs a few bob to maintain a castle.

I don't expect you or Norpig will be much interested how he does it, but I expect Sluffy will.

Interest-free loan to Mr Vince at 30 April 2019 £2,018K (£961K in 2018).

In other words about a million quid a year.

You'll find it on page 48 of the 2019 accounts.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Wed Feb 26 2020, 10:36; edited 1 time in total

6Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 10:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I can't click on it Bob.

7Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 10:38

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I can't click on it Bob.
Probably because I was trying to link the page but it doesn't seem to work. I'm a numbskull at IT

8Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 10:42

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

With all that money he has you would have thought he would clean up his appearance a bit.

Being a self proclaimed new age traveller doesn't mean he needs to look grubby as he looks like he needs a good wash.

9Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 12:55

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

karlypants wrote:With all that money he has you would have thought he would clean up his appearance a bit.

Being a self proclaimed new age traveller doesn't mean he needs to look grubby as he looks like he needs a good wash.
I suspect he'd had a wash before this visit to Wembley but he seems to think ties are bourgeois so doesn't wear one. If you live in a castle you can do as you please, can't you?

I think the one on the right might be his second wife.
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
And here he is with another Wanderers favourite - cough
[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Last edited by Ten Bobsworth on Sat Mar 14 2020, 14:39; edited 1 time in total

10Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 13:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I only wear a tie at funerals.

11Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 13:18

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:I only wear a tie at funerals.
Do you go to a lot of funerals, Boncey? Ah do, as you'd say if you lived in Shap.

12Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 13:21

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:

I don't expect you or Norpig will be much interested how he does it, but I expect Sluffy will.

no one gives the shiniest shit about your obsession with FGR (apart from your best mate) so i think i'll pass on this thanks.

You really could send a glass eye to sleep Ten bob and i should know as i have one.

13Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 13:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
boltonbonce wrote:I only wear a tie at funerals.
Do you go to a lot of funerals, Boncey? Ah do, as you'd say if you lived in Shap.

Not many. I won't even be going to my own, as it's a straight to the furnace job.

14Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 14:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:You really could send a glass eye to sleep Ten bob and i should know as i have one.

I nearly choked on my bacon and egg toastie when I read that! Very Happy

15Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 15:21

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Norpig wrote:
Ten Bobsworth wrote:

no one gives the shiniest shit about your obsession with FGR (apart from your best mate) so i think i'll pass on this thanks.

You really could send a glass eye to sleep Ten bob and i should know as i have one.
I'm sorry to hear of your physical disability but you wouldn't also be one of those mindless gobbins that didn't know what a limited company was or why BWFC had been one since 1895. Or would you?

16Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 15:32

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again i don't care, so if that makes me mindless then on you go fella!

17Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 15:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's about time this Bob fella was shown the door.

18Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 15:44

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:It's about time this Bob fella was shown the door.
 He'd struggle to get through it with that big head  Very Happy

19Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 15:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure it's a wonderful subject Bob, but, like baseball, I don't understand it. And it's not a subject that you can grasp with a few searches on google, so I tend to let those who seem to know more about it try to enlighten me, hard though that is sometimes.
Rammy, late of this site, was very good at explaining, and informing us during the trials and tribulations with Anderson, and did so I might add, without making us feel like seven year olds.
To be honest, I thank God that only yourself and Sluffy post about this stuff, because if the rest of us were up to speed on it, all hell would break loose.
My slippers wouldn't get a look in.

20Beware the Ides of March Empty Re: Beware the Ides of March Wed Feb 26 2020, 16:03

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In all fairness to Bob and Sluffy, most regulars want it to be more lively with football chat related stuff on here and now it’s happening somewhat you are all moaning! 

You can’t have it both ways you know! Very Happy

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 7]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum