Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Football without the fans

+4
Sluffy
Boggersbelief
boltonbonce
Bwfc1958
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Football without the fans Empty Football without the fans Sat Jul 11 2020, 20:16

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

How many of you have been keeping up with the premiership etc? 

I was quite excited to get the football back but watching it without supporters in the ground just doesn't feel right to me. 

Even watching the feeds on sky sports with the crowd noise thrown in doesn't work for me. As a result, I've just stopped watching football altogether. I don't know the fixtures, results, anything. 

It's even worse with Bolton not being involved, as we're obviously the only club I really give a shit about. The only news I read football wise is Wanderers related, which wasn't the case before this pandemic.

Even Liverpool winning the league for the first time in God knows how long was a non event. It will always be known as the year of the coronavirus rather than the season Liverpool won it.

Football really is nothing without the fans.

2Football without the fans Empty Re: Football without the fans Sat Jul 11 2020, 21:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pretty much the same. I have it on, but I'm usually doing something else at the same time. The Championship is of more interest, so I'm keeping up with that. The lack of genuine passion kills it.
A bit like having sex with one of those plastic dolls. (I would imagine).

Nice to see you back by the way. :like:

3Football without the fans Empty Re: Football without the fans Sat Jul 11 2020, 21:06

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I’ve fallen out of love with not just football, but the world. Life’s just one big spiral of doom and gloom, slowly carrying you to your demise.

4Football without the fans Empty Re: Football without the fans Sat Jul 11 2020, 21:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:I’ve fallen out of love with not just football, but the world. Life’s just one big spiral of doom and gloom, slowly carrying you to your demise.

5Football without the fans Empty Re: Football without the fans Sat Jul 11 2020, 21:20

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Same for me - I'm talking to 58 and not you with the blow up dolls!

Very Happy

I've not really followed football other than Bolton, for years and wasn't too fussed about the Premier League returning but the continued nightmare with VAR getting things wrong did catch my attention and I kind of like got into it a little bit more because I hoped West Ham might go down (unlikely after today) and that United would get into the Champions League next season by pushing either Leicester, or preferably Chelsea out of the top four at seasons end.

It is soulless without the crowds and it is exactly the same watching the test match (another batting collapse this evening!) without the fun and the passion of those watching it.

I guess this is only a temporary blip and fans will be allowed back (and socially distanced) as soon as possible - I would guess if we don't get a second wave of the virus, maybe even for the start (or soon after) of the new season.

As per the 'doll' man - good to see you back and posting - you've been missed.

6Football without the fans Empty Re: Football without the fans Sat Jul 11 2020, 21:22

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:I’ve fallen out of love with not just football, but the world. Life’s just one big spiral of doom and gloom, slowly carrying you to your demise.

Chin up mate!

7Football without the fans Empty Re: Football without the fans Sat Jul 11 2020, 23:44

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like the sound effects, especially when they press the wrong button. They could liven it up even more with some farmyard animal and fart effects etc - just needs a bit of imagination and a sampler.

8Football without the fans Empty Re: Football without the fans Sun Jul 12 2020, 21:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

i quite like the footy without the crowd noise to be honest, you can hear more of whats said on the pitch. The fake crowd noise is annoying and sounds rubbish.

9Football without the fans Empty Re: Football without the fans Mon Jul 13 2020, 20:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Norpig wrote:i quite like the footy without the crowd noise to be honest, you can hear more of whats said on the pitch. The fake crowd noise is annoying and sounds rubbish.

Agreed. The fake crowd noise is a very poor effort by sky/BBC/BT and just a really tacky concept in my opinion. Yes, empty stadiums are crap but they are the reality of the situation the world is in at the moment. Why not just embrace it for a few months? It's different, and hopefully won't go on forever.

Unfortunately Hip Priest prefers the false bullshit noise and he pays the Virgin Media bill so I'm stuck with it.

10Football without the fans Empty Re: Football without the fans Mon Jul 13 2020, 23:36

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

doffcocker wrote:

Agreed. The fake crowd noise is a very poor effort by sky/BBC/BT and just a really tacky concept in my opinion. Yes, empty stadiums are crap but they are the reality of the situation the world is in at the moment. Why not just embrace it for a few months? It's different, and hopefully won't go on forever.

Unfortunately Hip Priest prefers the false bullshit noise and he pays the Virgin Media bill so I'm stuck with it.

Cheeky young whippersnapper!!!!

The crowd effect isn't perfect but I think they've done a fairly decent job really. Can't watch it at all without the crowd effects, there is no atmosphere whatsoever. It reminds me of watching Wanderers reserves at Burnden when I was about 12 or 13. (It was free if you had a season ticket. I remember seeing Barry Fry playing for Bolton reserves regularly. He was really slow and totally shit. The few people who attended these sorry affairs barracked him constantly and mercilessly every reserve match I attended.)

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum