Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

How you can watch Bolton games on live streams - free for ST holders!

+6
wessy
terenceanne
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
gloswhite
wanderlust
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

EFL make huge deal with Sky Sports to allow clubs in ALL three divisions to stream every match of the 2020-21 season live on their websites

EFL have made ground-breaking deal with Sky Sports to allow streaming games
Clubs in all three divisions will be able to stream every match on their websites
Season-ticket holders can watch for free whilst casual fans will pay £10 fee

The EFL have reached a ground-breaking deal with Sky Sports that will enable clubs in all three divisions to stream every match next season live on their websites.

Season-ticket holders will get access to their side's home matches free of charge and more casual fans will be able to watch every game — including Saturday 3pm kick-offs for the first time — for a fee of around £10.

The clubs hope the money raised will help offset the loss of gate receipts while supporters are shut out of stadiums.

Sky Sports pay £119 million a year for exclusive live rights for EFL games and the Carabao Cup but are sympathetic to the plight of clubs who will be denied a considerable proportion of their usual ticket revenue for the foreseeable future.

As a result, the broadcaster will permit clubs to stream all games that were scheduled for live TV coverage without demanding any compensation as long as the majority of fans are excluded from grounds.

The arrangement will be reviewed on a regular basis but is expected to remain in place until the Government permits a 50 per cent occupancy rate at stadiums.

This is likely to be some way off given the initial plan is for a maximum capacity of between 20 and 30 per cent when fans return. This is scheduled for October at the earliest.

The innovative agreement will also involve Saturday 3pm kick-offs being regularly broadcast live after UEFA lifted the blackout during Project Restart.

The EFL's determination to make every match available for fans contrasts with the approach by Premier League clubs who, as Sportsmail revealed this week, rejected the opportunity to stream their own matches.

The money raised by the streaming fees will be kept by whichever club sells the service in the Championship.

A more complex revenue-sharing formula will be applied in League One and League Two due to the big disparity in clubs' respective fanbases.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

All well and good, but will we still be able to get Tower FMs top class award winning commentary on Radio Nuts?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

wanderlust wrote:All well and good, but will we still be able to get Tower FMs top class award winning commentary on Radio Nuts?

Hopefully if Karly is up for doing all the hard work for us again!

Reading between the lines on these tweets from the bloke who has done the commentary for the last few seasons it seems that Tower are doing it again?

I guess we'll find out soon enough.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The iFollow stream already had the Bolton FM commentary didn't it? Just please God don't have the halfwit with the stupid voice on commentary!

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Can someone explain (for the old farts) just how ifollow works and what you need to do to watch ? Apolgies to ant old fart that is Tech savy.

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its on the club website Wessy, to see live games in the past you had to be out of the UK (like our Finnish friend Boncey  Very Happy) but it's not been updated yet by the looks.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Its on the club website Wessy, to see live games in the past you had to be out of the UK (like our Finnish friend Boncey  Very Happy) but it's not been updated yet by the looks.

I've got a mate in Finland who came on here not long ago, but ran away in terror when he saw some of the threads. Mind you, he's a Wigan supporter, so who cares.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Will chatbox be open?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:Will chatbox be open?

Don't see why not.

Karly and BTID tend to operate it and I assume they will both will be doing so when they are about this season - hope so anyway.

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Don't see why not.

Karly and BTID tend to operate it and I assume they will both will be doing so when they are about this season - hope so anyway.

That's good. We can all abuse each other in real time. Razz

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I've always loved the chatbox, one of the best parts of this site. Just need to get the numbers up from last season.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I don’t mind doing Radio Nuts again. Smile

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Sluffy wrote:

Don't see why not.

That's good. We can all abuse each other in real time. Razz
Very Happy

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I don’t mind doing Radio Nuts again. Smile
Just don't play any fucking music. Cool

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And get a new coathanger to hang out of your window and don't move for 90 minutes KP  Laughing

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Norpig wrote:Its on the club website Wessy, to see live games in the past you had to be out of the UK (like our Finnish friend Boncey  Very Happy) but it's not been updated yet by the looks.

Thank you will read up

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:I don’t mind doing Radio Nuts again. Smile
Just don't play any fucking music. Cool

lol!

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:And get a new coathanger to hang out of your window and don't move for 90 minutes KP  Laughing

Laughing I may have to promote the Mrs to Radio Nuts aerial holder so I can enjoy the chatbox!

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fook me, if we have to rely on KP for another season we are well and truly fooked.

Last season it was either "Sorry I forgot to do it" or "I'm currently in the bog roll aisle in Morrisons".

Amateur.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Fook me, if we have to rely on KP for another season we are well and truly fooked.

Last season it was either "Sorry I forgot to do it" or "I'm currently in the bog roll aisle in Morrisons".

Amateur.
I really think we should all write in and nominate you and Cedric to co-host the show live from your penthouse suite having substituted the audio for your own match commentary. Even cries of pain and the gentle squeak of knots tightening is better than shite those tossers persecute us with.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum