Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Film and TV review.

+12
terenceanne
karlypants
Ten Bobsworth
luckyPeterpiper
finlaymcdanger
Hip Priest
xmiles
okocha
sunlight
Natasha Whittam
Sluffy
wanderlust
16 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 17]

41Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 15 2020, 14:18

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:I expected you to say you'd just watched Karate Kid, you're always behind.
 i still am, just watched Mindhunter before that and that's been out a few years Very Happy

42Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 15 2020, 16:08

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

DES started last night.

Chilling performance from David Tennant.

43Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Sep 27 2020, 22:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Watched 'The Gentlemen' last night. Laugh out loud brilliant. Best film for ages.

Hugh Grant, Charlie Hunnam, Matthew McConaughey & Colin Farrell all magnificent.

44Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Sep 27 2020, 22:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Enjoyed Des. Started first couple of episodes of Alex and it's very encouraging so far (violence, drugs, betrayal, subterfuge - that kind of thing)

45Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Sun Sep 27 2020, 22:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Watched 'The Gentlemen' last night. Laugh out loud brilliant. Best film for ages.

Hugh Grant, Charlie Hunnam, Matthew McConaughey & Colin Farrell all magnificent.
I'll tell the missus.

46Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Sep 28 2020, 16:16

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

THE best progamme for the Covid age?

Mortimer & Whitehouse - Gone Fishing.

Just brilliant on so many levels.

47Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Sep 28 2020, 16:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:THE best progamme for the Covid age?

Didn't expect to enjoy it if truth be told, but was delightfully surprised. Life affirming.

48Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Sep 28 2020, 16:19

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:THE best progamme for the Covid age?

Great programme! I don't like fishing at all but this is fantastic. Bob Mortimer is just naturally funny

49Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Sep 28 2020, 16:26

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Glad you both enjoyed it.

The scenery is so beautiful and the banter so gentle and amusing. Just what we need at the moment.

50Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Sep 28 2020, 16:32

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:Glad you both enjoyed it.

The scenery is so beautiful and the banter so gentle and amusing. Just what we need at the moment.
Agree about some of the scenery. We sometimes forget what a stunningly beautiful land we have the privilege to call home.

51Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:12

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Agree about some of the scenery. We sometimes forget what a stunningly beautiful land we have the privilege to call home.
You need to get out more Bonce. Most of it is actually outside the house.

52Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
You need to get out more Bonce. Most of it is actually outside the house.
Our lawn is in the living room. It's a new American fad. Cool

53Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:32

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Only Connect and then University Challenge on telly ce soir. Bliss. The best telly evening is Monday.

54Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Sep 28 2020, 17:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'd watch old episodes of Call My Bluff if they showed them.

55Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Mon Sep 28 2020, 22:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

sunlight wrote:Only Connect and then University Challenge on telly ce soir. Bliss. The best telly evening is Monday.
I've recorded them both. 
I'll be going in shortly to try to get more points than the losing team on UC - 34% historically on average - a score decimated by intoxication,age and life.

56Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 29 2020, 09:15

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:
I've recorded them both. 
I'll be going in shortly to try to get more points than the losing team on UC - 34% historically on average - a score decimated by intoxication,age and life.
I've never watched an episode of UC. Never watched a James Bond film either.

57Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 29 2020, 09:33

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

boltonbonce wrote:
I've never watched an episode of UC. Never watched a James Bond film either.
Can only answer a small number of qus on UC so it demotivates me to watch especially when some smart-arse is buzzing in depressingly swiftly, often and correctly!

You're not missing much with James Bond except for the excellent Skyfall directed by the wondrous Sam Mendes. Out-and-out action films don't do it for me. I prefer something meaningful and thought-provoking. Mad Smile

58Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 29 2020, 09:40

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

okocha wrote:
Can only answer a small number of qus on UC so it demotivates me to watch especially when some smart-arse is buzzing in depressingly swiftly, often and correctly!

You're not missing much with James Bond except for the excellent Skyfall directed by the wondrous Sam Mendes. Out-and-out action films don't do it for me. I prefer something meaningful and thought-provoking. Mad Smile
I'm still watching Bill And Ben, Noggin The Nog, and Captain Pugwash.

You'll be unsurprised to learn. Very Happy

I went off The Woodentops, with all that bare chested nonsense. And why was Sam always hanging about the house? Not to mention Spotty Dog.

59Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 29 2020, 09:53

sunlight

sunlight
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
I've recorded them both. 

Warwick got off to a very slow start and ended up winning with 255 points. Oxford only had about 105 points at the end. A great performance.

60Film and TV review. - Page 3 Empty Re: Film and TV review. Tue Sep 29 2020, 09:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

sunlight wrote:Only Connect and then University Challenge on telly ce soir. Bliss. The best telly evening is Monday.
University Challenge. Two teams of white privileged males answer questions from a haughty white privileged male and former investor in Ingenious film schemes/scams.

A bit more interesting was the re-examination of the Shipman case on BBC TWO. Too many questions unanswered for far too long.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 17]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 10 ... 17  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum