Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Prince Philip has passed away

+3
boltonbonce
Sluffy
karlypants
7 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Prince Philip has passed away - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Philip has passed away Sun Apr 25 2021, 09:16

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ten Bobsworth wrote:
I'm sure you are right about most of this, Boncey, but I think its Redfern Froggatt making his England debut and that his cousin Jack Froggatt's the one on his left. Arsenal's Lionel Smith's to his right and then Chelsea's Roy Bentley. It was the same year that Lofty earned the title 'Lion Of Vienna' and the season he won the Football Writers Player of the Year, which is why I posted it.
They both played in the game so you're probably right, but I was convinced it was Jack.

22Prince Philip has passed away - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Philip has passed away Sun Apr 25 2021, 09:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
They both played in the game so you're probably right, but I was convinced it was Jack.
Here they are together.
Prince Philip has passed away - Page 2 Cousins-jack-left-and-redfern-froggatt-who-play-for-portsmouth-and-picture-id56767664?s=2048x2048

23Prince Philip has passed away - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Philip has passed away Sun Apr 25 2021, 09:34

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

And here's the game.

24Prince Philip has passed away - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Philip has passed away Sun Apr 25 2021, 09:56

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:And here's the game.
Nice one, Boncey. Interesting name Redfern Froggatt. I've not come across many Redferns but there was another Froggatt who played for Villa, Wolves and Coventry in the 90s. I looked up the name derivations.

https://www.houseofnames.com/redfern-family-crest
https://www.houseofnames.com/froggatt-family-crest#:~:text=The%20name%20Froggatt%20has%20a,in%20the%20county%20of%20Derbyshire.

25Prince Philip has passed away - Page 2 Empty Re: Prince Philip has passed away Sun Apr 25 2021, 10:23

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not a name you see very often these days. Redvers is another rarity. Despite the appalling Redvers Potter.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum