Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Do you now think we will start climbing the table?

+9
Hipster_Nebula
Reebok Trotter
aaron_bwfc
xmiles
wanderlust
terenceanne
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We have now had the action so many of us wanted with the sacking of Coyle. Do you now think, with a new manager in charge, our fortunes will now change?

Bolton, at the moment are 20/1 to win the Championship. This most probably is an unlikely target now, however it is still possible. At this point last season, the eventual winners, Reading, were sitting in 15th place on 12 points. That is only 1 more point than what we are currently on!

At the moment we have been playing well below par and not getting results where we should be getting them. I think things will now start to change! Onwards and upwards. (Might be worth having a cheeky bet at them odds too)

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Yes, of course we will, we've massively under achieved under Coyle's tactics.

I'll guarantee that whoever gets the job will reduce the average of TWO goals a game that we concede - just doing that will give us a better chance of winning games - not much point us playing, knowing that we have to score THREE just to win games.

I'll also guarantee that 4-4-2 with two wingers goes straight into the bin also. The strategy night have worked if we had world class defenders but instead Coyle played it knowing we had Zat Knight as our key defender!!!

The man was beyond clueless.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Depends who they bring in, I would love OGS with Neville, bring them two in, and I think we will be there or thereabouts come May, any of the other names mentioned just fill me with dread.

Between now and the end of November we play Wolves, Middlesbrough, Blackpool, Brighton and Blackburn away and Cardiff and Leicester at home. With those fixtures a new manager will really have to sort things out pretty quickly just to stay within touching distance of the top.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gives us chance to catch up with the top teams!

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No.

It will take a few weeks to get to know the players at minimum. Unless the new manager has been watching films of us and has immediate ideas. Can't see it myself although there is that new manager effect. Sometimes players work really hard to impress a new guy and get some good results.......that could happen I suppose.

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

terenceanne wrote:No.

It will take a few weeks to get to know the players at minimum. Unless the new manager has been watching films of us and has immediate ideas. Can't see it myself although there is that new manager effect. Sometimes players work really hard to impress a new guy and get some good results.......that could happen I suppose.
Bollox, we have the players to piss this league, all we need is a manager to come in with a gameplan.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:
terenceanne wrote:No.

Bollox, we have the players to piss this league, all we need is a manager to come in with a gameplan.

Not at all convinced we have the players to do it. We have a few "names" but that means nothing. Most teams in the Championship have players who seem every bit as good as ours and it will not be easy to get out of this league unless things improve dramatically and the entire squad ups their game. There are a lot of decent teams in this league.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I think we will avoid relegation but don't expect promotion. Coyle has probably fucked us up too badly for that to be likely. If we are lucky with our new manager a top six finish may be possible but remember it is still Gartside making the decision about the new appointment.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

If we can bring in a manager with tactical nouse and the ability to get the best out this set of player then we should be fine, play off place at lease IMO.

We need a amanger who isn't going to be afraid to change things about and ruffle a few feathers, starting a game without kevin davies once in a blue moon wouldn't be the worst idea in the world.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why not give Jimmy Phillips the opportunity to manage for a couple of weeks. Running the Academy he must have some idea of who can step up to the plate.

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I mentioned this before it was offical that coyle had gone, how about promoting from within. Jimmy Phillips and Sammy Lee could make a good management team and as you say RT they know the young plyers within the academy so maybe inclined to give them a go.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That would be a stunning, stunning disappointment.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It might just work out though! Sammy Lee was a decent number two to Rafa so who is to say that between them they might make a go of it ?

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Surely his first spell in charge would count him out...

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Yes, normally, but let's not forget that we brought him back to be Jimmy's number two at the Academy. He might make a much better assistant than a manager.

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That would guarantee us another season in the champ, and possibly an excursion to league one.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

There are no guarantees in football. That's what makes it so exciting.

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Some folks have to wake up ..... our players are NOT better by default than others in this league. Zat, Mills, SKD, Mears for starters ..... Ngog, Mavies??? come on now.....some of these blokes would not be in Millwall's reserves.

The new Manager has his work cut out for him IMO.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Zat Knight was an absolute legend in the Holte End.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum