Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll

+10
Norpig
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
terenceanne
Growler
okocha
wanderlust
Whitesince63
MartinBWFC
Sluffy
14 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Do you want England to Win, Lose or Draw tonight?

The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Vote_lcap80%The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Vote_rcap 80% [ 4 ]
The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Vote_lcap0%The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Vote_rcap 0% [ 0 ]
The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Vote_lcap20%The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Vote_rcap 20% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Tue Jun 22 2021, 11:49

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Gareth's taken a beating since Friday's 0-0 draw against Scotland. His unadventurous tactics and ultra-defensive team selections have already dampened our spirits and have the nation doubting whether football is coming home after all.

Or maybe, just maybe... he's a calculated genius and knew that one group game win would see us through, giving the squad time to gel and get up to full fitness while potentially avoiding any of the big dogs until the quarter-finals.

Will you be baying for Czech blood tonight or relishing another possession-based safety-first 0-0 bore draw?

2The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Tue Jun 22 2021, 12:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Southgate needs to send them out to win and show what we can do. We do have lots of options going forward but he's too afraid to use them properly. I'd love to see Grealish start as well as Foden and Mount and just have one holding midfielder.

3The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Tue Jun 22 2021, 12:18

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Win - we have to play the best teams sooner or later so why be frightened of them now?

Attack from the kick off, get an early penalty for Kane to score and then that's us flying from then on all the way through to the final.

Easy!

4The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Tue Jun 22 2021, 12:40

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I can't see him changing much because reaching the quarter-finals will be deemed a more successful tournament than going out in the last 16. Finishing second in the group and facing lesser competition is probably the best way to achieve it.

However, he has to figure out how to get the best out of Kane so maybe he will make a change or two. Foden hasn't been great so maybe he will start Sterling on the right and play Grealish on the left. Can't see much changing other than that given that he will be delighted with a draw anyway.

5The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Tue Jun 22 2021, 12:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

finlaymcdanger wrote: Foden hasn't been great so maybe he will start Sterling on the right and play Grealish on the left.

Be serious. I'd pick you over Stirling.

Gareth will be Gareth. Whatever he does tonight, it'll be safety first come the knockout round.

I'm rather seething that Gareth is in charge of the best young footballing talent we've had in years and years. Now is the time to go all out attack, instead we're stuck with a negative Nigel.

6The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Tue Jun 22 2021, 12:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Be serious. I'd pick you over Stirling.

Gareth will be Gareth. Whatever he does tonight, it'll be safety first come the knockout round.

I'm rather seething that Gareth is in charge of the best young footballing talent we've had in years and years. Now is the time to go all out attack, instead we're stuck with a negative Nigel.
Bielsa would have a field day with this much talent at his disposal. Go for it, we're already through anyway.

7The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Tue Jun 22 2021, 12:50

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Bielsa would have a field day with this much talent at his disposal. Go for it, we're already through anyway.

I couldn't agree more. Gareth has one club on his CV and he got them relegated.

HOW THE FOOK IS HE IN CHARGE OF THE ENGLAND TEAM??????

8The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Mon Jun 28 2021, 14:34

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Can only see a tight defensive unit going out against the Germans, Southgate is a pussy, as has been mentioned before, how the fuck is this useless prick being allowed to manage this amount of talent we have? most international managers have been prolific in the game, won trophies, won leagues in their playing days, this clown has a mickey mouse cup medal to his name, and a relegation and sacking on his CV, he makes Phil Parkinson look like Pep.

9The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Mon Jun 28 2021, 14:45

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Well he’ll be judged by what he does in this tournament and if he fails then his prospects won’t look good. Just getting out of the group isn’t what’s expected so unless he wins tomorrow, I suspect he’ll be toast. We do have a good attacking team but I’m not overly impressed with our defence personally, despite conceding few goals. I don’t blame him for using a cautious approach because he doesn’t want to risk going gung ho against the teams in our half and if we can beat the Germans I think we’ll have a really good chance of winning the thing overall.

10The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Mon Jun 28 2021, 14:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Well he’ll be judged by what he does in this tournament and if he fails then his prospects won’t look good. Just getting out of the group isn’t what’s expected so unless he wins tomorrow, I suspect he’ll be toast. We do have a good attacking team but I’m not overly impressed with our defence personally, despite conceding few goals. I don’t blame him for using a cautious approach because he doesn’t want to risk going gung ho against the teams in our half and if we can beat the Germans I think we’ll have a really good chance of winning the thing overall.

Sadly, even if we get beaten tomorrow, I suspect Gareth will keep his job for the World Cup.

Sometimes you have to be brave and just go for it. Tomorrow is one of those times. We won't beat Germany with a defensive mentality.

11The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Mon Jun 28 2021, 15:10

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The FA have already said he'll get the World Cup no matter what, so he knows the score, and will never change his one dimensional, defensive and to be blunt, boring style of play, he's just a shite manager with a  wasted talented squad

12The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Mon Jun 28 2021, 15:28

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

MartinBWFC wrote:The FA have already said he'll get the World Cup no matter what

Well that's just spoiled my day.

Why on Earth would the FA announce that before the Euros? Talk about a lack of motivation.

13The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Mon Jun 28 2021, 15:34

MartinBWFC

MartinBWFC
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Well that's just spoiled my day.

Why on Earth would the FA announce that before the Euros? Talk about a lack of motivation.

The Football Association will ask Gareth Southgate to stay on as England manager beyond the 2022 World Cup in Qatar.

14The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Mon Jun 28 2021, 15:50

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Southgate needs to be brave and leave in Saka and Grealish as they will frighten their defence to death. I reckon he'll put them back on the bench though.

Klinsmann can't believe we don't play Sancho more and i agree, we have so much attacking talent that we should be looking to take the game to teams instead of sitting back with 2 holding midfielders.

15The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Tue Jun 14 2022, 20:34

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Fuck me, just watched the first 45 minutes against Hungary, it was like watching Bolton on a very bad day.

Southgate has to go.

16The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Tue Jun 14 2022, 20:42

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Ha, I was thinking the same Nat. Awful stuff, too slow and where’s the midfield? Some players out there nowhere near good enough for England, especially Bowen and Gallagher. Need to up the tempo because Hungary don’t look much but the way we’re playing is too easy for them.
As for Southgate, I think he outperformed in the Euros and has hit his peak. Needs to go for me.

17The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Tue Jun 14 2022, 21:03

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Whitesince63 wrote:Ha, I was thinking the same Nat. Awful stuff, too slow and where’s the midfield? Some players out there nowhere near good enough for England, especially Bowen and Gallagher. Need to up the tempo because Hungary don’t look much but the way we’re playing is too easy for them.
As for Southgate, I think he outperformed in the Euros and has hit his peak. Needs to go for me.

How did we end up with this Championship manager leading the national team?

Imagine what Klopp would do with this squad.

18The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Tue Jun 14 2022, 23:35

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No flair IMO. Just not creating anywhere near enough up front.

Pushing everyone forward and then trying to walk it into the net simply doesn't work against a competent defence and leaves the back door open.

Hence England 0 Hungary 4

19The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Wed Jun 15 2022, 07:00

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Kane is massively over-rated now. He's great at taking penalties, but in open play he is no longer moving into positions to receive the ball, provide a target, pose a threat. Seems to me he is hardly moving. Compare his work-rate with strikers in our top teams. Without Son beside him, he provides very little.

20The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Empty Re: The Boring, Boring Southgate Poll Wed Jun 15 2022, 07:17

Growler

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Enjoyed that.Shows up the myth that England have great strength in depth.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum