Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Football Is Boring

+5
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
Sgt. Bash
Lofty_Love
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Football Is Boring Empty Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 18:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Isn't football boring.

There was a day when I lived for football. Even if Bolton weren't playing I'd find a game to go to somewhere, or watch one on TV.

But in 2012 football is stale and bloody boring. There are many reasons....too many meaningless games, finishing 17th in the PL being classed as "success", too many average overpaid ponces, shit stadiums with no atmosphere, too expensive etc. I could go on.

Five years ago I would have gone to Peterborough but nowadays I can't be arsed travelling anywhere outside of Lancashire. Today I stayed at home because I had a choice of cricket or darts on tv to entertain me.

The cricket was fantastic, England winning with a 6 off the last ball. The whole Indian tour has been magnificent. I also watched the darts - utterly compelling considering it's a bunch of fat bastards throwing sticks in front of a crowd of common folk.

Football might be the official national sport, but both cricket and darts are far more entertaining. Don't you agree?

2Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 18:12

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I don't think a single Peterborough fan would agree with you right now

3Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 18:28

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Natasha Whittam wrote:Football might be the official national sport, but both cricket and darts are far more entertaining. Don't you agree?

Nope.

4Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 18:34

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You've said this after a 9 goal match involving our team...

Football is not boring, maybe at times it can be but in 2012 we saw the closest and most exciting close to a premier league season...ever.

5Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 18:37

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Is this a reaction to losing your bet?

6Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 18:54

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm talking football in general. Man City spend billions on players and can only win 1-0 with a scruffy goal in injury time. I honestly don't think people care that much about their team anymore. A shrug of the shoulders and onto the next thing.

I really feel that in 15-20 years darts will be the main sport in Britian.

7Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 18:55

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
I really feel that in 15-20 years darts will be the main sport in Britian.

:rofl:

8Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 18:57

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

You can mock, but did you feel that atmosphere when Chris Amos was playing this afternoon? Brilliant.

9Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:04

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Snooker > Darts

10Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:05

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:Snooker > Darts

WUM

11Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:40

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Darts is not a sport. It's a pub game.

12Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 19:54

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

What happens when the top darts players are on £150,000 a week, have quiffs, are slender, mostly foreign, get homesick and are always moaning about sprained wrists and abuse from the crowd.

Where do we turn then!

Also I think if we invested money in building a young generation of darts players we could end up with a nation of alcoholics :drinks:

13Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sat Dec 22 2012, 23:50

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I was asked a question tonight. Which division would I desire to be in. I answered The Championship. I was then asked ok so if on the last day it was a case of win and go up to the Premiership or draw/lose and stay in the Championship - stupid question, I answered as I always want my team to win. I was then called pathetic as I want to stay in The Championship and don't want success for my team. But trying to argue a simple point to a drunkered Palace fan, who is ex-Legion, is like setting off a time-bomb!!!!

Basically my argument its for football I would rather be in The Championship, but for money I would rather be in The Premier League. But once in the Premier League I know I honestly do not want to win the title as it will cost us more in the long run than the rewards we would get (i.e. cost of playing in Champions League) - but getting that fact across is like talking to a brick wall. There are only about 5 clubs (City, Scum, Chelski, Arsenal and Spurs) that could do both Title and Champions League - all other teams would suffer financially. Its never about wanting to lose its about wanting the club to survive, at all costs!!!

14Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 02:35

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I just want the club to do the best it can. I said last year id rather be 17th in the Premier league than 3rd (and not getting promoted) in the Championship, and I still believe that.

Why would you ever want your team to be the league below just so you can win a few more games, I was happier after our win against Liverpool last season than any win this season.. I was ecstatic over our win against Everton!

Actually being in this league is like kind of being a Liverpool fan, you think you should be winning, everyone thinks you should be winning, but you don't.

So when you don't its a huge disappointment, and when you do you don't feel anywhere near as good as when you win in the premier league. Being a big club in your league is shit, either boring or disappointing, I'd take trying to survive in the prem any day and being happy with a draw over expecting to beat every championship team we play.

15Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 07:52

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Football is so boring

16Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 10:15

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lofty_Love wrote:I don't think a single Peterborough fan would agree with you right now

This.

17Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 10:28

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:You can mock, but did you feel that atmosphere when Chris Amos was playing this afternoon? Brilliant.

You sure it was me? I was half wasted in Amsterdam, attending a Saturday (daytime??????) Christmas Party. To be fair it was a pub crawl!

18Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 10:53

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:Isn't football boring.

There was a day when I lived for football. Even if Bolton weren't playing I'd find a game to go to somewhere, or watch one on TV.

But in 2012 football is stale and bloody boring. There are many reasons....too many meaningless games, finishing 17th in the PL being classed as "success", too many average overpaid ponces, shit stadiums with no atmosphere, too expensive etc. I could go on.

Five years ago I would have gone to Peterborough but nowadays I can't be arsed travelling anywhere outside of Lancashire. Today I stayed at home because I had a choice of cricket or darts on tv to entertain me.

The cricket was fantastic, England winning with a 6 off the last ball. The whole Indian tour has been magnificent. I also watched the darts - utterly compelling considering it's a bunch of fat bastards throwing sticks in front of a crowd of common folk.

Football might be the official national sport, but both cricket and darts are far more entertaining. Don't you agree?

Il be honest, im losing interest as well.

il always have a season ticket, its just something I do, but im sick to the back teeth of it destroying my weekends.

its great when we win but losing in the championship week in, week out is starting to grate.

having players who dont give a flying fuck is also winding me up. players than earn in a week what I earn in a year!

19Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 12:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Don't do pub games, that's why they are all fat bastards that play em! You carry on with your wind ups Nat, you'll always suck some humourless one in!!!

20Football Is Boring Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 12:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Il be honest, im losing interest as well.

il always have a season ticket, its just something I do, but im sick to the back teeth of it destroying my weekends.

its great when we win but losing in the championship week in, week out is starting to grate.

having players who dont give a flying fuck is also winding me up. players than earn in a week what I earn in a year!

But isn't that the whole point of being a football supporter in the first place? We support our team through thick and thin. Being a Wanderers fan means you are going to have plenty of ups and downs over the course of the years. It's the same for most of the football fans who support teams other than United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

The rest of us are left with the scraps but occasionally our team defies the odds and give the supporters something to remember.

Being a football fan is all about hope. Having something to look forward to. United, City and Chelsea fans take success for granted but the rest of us haven't got that luxury.

I got just as much pleasure yesterday, standing on an old fashioned terrace getting piss wet through, miles away from home, than I ever would sitting at Old Trafford with thousands of bloody sheep congratulating one another on another three points.

You pays your money and you takes your choice. I've made my choice and I'm happy with it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum