Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Football Is Boring

+5
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
Sgt. Bash
Lofty_Love
Natasha Whittam
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Football Is Boring - Page 2 Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 12:21

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Il be honest, im losing interest as well.

il always have a season ticket, its just something I do, but im sick to the back teeth of it destroying my weekends.

its great when we win but losing in the championship week in, week out is starting to grate.

having players who dont give a flying fuck is also winding me up. players than earn in a week what I earn in a year!

But isn't that the whole point of being a football supporter in the first place? We support our team through thick and thin. Being a Wanderers fan means you are going to have plenty of ups and downs over the course of the years. It's the same for most of the football fans who support teams other than United, City, Chelsea and Arsenal.

The rest of us are left with the scraps but occasionally our team defies the odds and give the supporters something to remember.

Being a football fan is all about hope. Having something to look forward to. United, City and Chelsea fans take success for granted but the rest of us haven't got that luxury.

I got just as much pleasure yesterday, standing on an old fashioned terrace getting piss wet through, miles away from home, than I ever would sitting at Old Trafford with thousands of bloody sheep congratulating one another on another three points.

You pays your money and you takes your choice. I've made my choice and I'm happy with it.

good post.

id never actually stop doing it, its just that like a religion, sometimes faith is questioned.

im now questioning my 'faith' in BWFC.

It will come back...

22Football Is Boring - Page 2 Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 12:44

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

But isn't that the whole point of being a football supporter in the first place? We support our team through thick and thin.

Where does it state we must do this? Only a fool would continue to pay money to watch something they no longer enjoy.

23Football Is Boring - Page 2 Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 12:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think one of the problems this season is that we may have set our sights too high. At the start of our Championship campaign we were one of the bookies favourites. We had a history of many years in the Premier League plus one of the most expensive squads. Some of our younger fans have never experienced us out of the Prem.

The Championship is a long hard slog. Other teams don't give two hoots about reputations. If you want to get back into the Premiership you have to go out and win consistently. We got off to a poor start on our opening day against Burnley and after that game, Coyle was unable to rally the troops.

We may have an expensive squad on paper but our first team squad doesn't have all that much strength in depth.

SKD has his share of critics but he has led from the front all season. Yes, he is not the quickest or most skilful of strikers but that has never been his game anyway.

Chungy has not been the same since he returned from injury. He can no longer beat defenders like he used to and is too easily bundled off the ball.

Eagles has come in for some stick yet he has been our most creative midfielder and has scored his share of goals from midfield. Granted, he doesn't turn up with his A game every week, but then again, who does ? He has been called lightweight ? What exactly does that mean ? He might not be Premiership quality but he is certainly a quality Championship player.

Petrov, strikes me as someone who thrives on encouragement and likes his ego to be massaged. He has blistering pace and a good eye for goal. He sulks when he isn't picked but he wont be the first. I would like to see him in the squad every week because his speed is an asset. Giving him ten or fifteen minutes just isn't enough to get the best out of him.

Mark Davies, currently injured. Somebody suggested it is a good thing that he was crocked. We missed him yesterday. He can hold the ball, run with it, make a killer pass and score crucial goals.

Now take all of the above players out of the team and it would be bloody boring! It's not as if we have a box full of quality reserves that we can just open to replace those on the pitch.

We haven't got much cover in reserve. I can't comment on Afobe or Sordell because they haven't played often enough. They did alright yesterday mind you.

No SKD against Wednesday so if Ngog is still injured, Afobe and Sordell will probably feature. Let's see how the dice falls.

This season has been anything but boring. Disappointing maybe, in terms of league position but boring ? Bollocks.

24Football Is Boring - Page 2 Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 12:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Reebok Trotter wrote:

But isn't that the whole point of being a football supporter in the first place? We support our team through thick and thin.

Where does it state we must do this? Only a fool would continue to pay money to watch something they no longer enjoy.

It's not an order. It comes from within. It's what our heart and soul feel. If we were ordered to go to games it wouldn't be the same.

PASSION not FASHION.

25Football Is Boring - Page 2 Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 16:07

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:

It's not an order. It comes from within. It's what our heart and soul feel. If we were ordered to go to games it wouldn't be the same.

That's not a proper answer. Basically football fans are brainwashed into thinking they must support their team regardless of everything else.

BWFC could charge £1000 per ticket, pelt you with used condoms for 90 minutes, give you a kicking, make you listen to Chris Amos recite Dutch bus timetables from 1987, and piss in your half-time beer and plenty of mugs would still turn up every week saying "Bolton are my team, it's in my blood".

26Football Is Boring - Page 2 Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 18:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Football Is Boring - Page 2 Ngq1vp

27Football Is Boring - Page 2 Empty Re: Football Is Boring Sun Dec 23 2012, 23:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:

BWFC could charge £1000 per ticket, pelt you with used condoms for 90 minutes, give you a kicking, make you listen to Chris Amos recite Dutch bus timetables from 1987, and piss in your half-time beer and plenty of mugs would still turn up every week saying "Bolton are my team, it's in my blood".

Cheek of it, I didn't move over here until 2007!!! Anyway 1987 was a year after deregulation of buses (outside London) so I could still possibly remember the 528, 530, 531, 534 and 535 timetables!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum