Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boring sports.

+9
Natasha Whittam
wessy
karlypants
Angry Dad
Bwfc1958
xmiles
Sluffy
Norpig
boltonbonce
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Boring sports. Empty Boring sports. Fri Jan 12 2018, 16:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sure you've all seen the poll asking what people consider the most boring sports. What surprised me was that cycling didn't come top. (Sorry Sluffy).
Any surprises on here for you?

Boring sports. Methode%2Ftimes%2Fprod%2Fweb%2Fbin%2Fb920d90a-f626-11e7-8e57-f11d372363fa

2Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Fri Jan 12 2018, 16:17

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

American football is great if you know what's going on, most games can go to the very last play of the game. The time is takes is probably the main issue i would say.

I would say my least favourite is horse racing as i have no interest at all and know nothing about it.

3Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Fri Jan 12 2018, 16:38

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I know I'm speaking to myself when it comes to cycling but once you 'get' what it is about, it is anything but boring - I'd go as far as to say it is the least predictable sport of them all - mainly due to the fact that nearly as much goes on off the saddle as does on it!

It really is gripping theatre.

For instance we won all those gold medal's at the Olympics yet we are tearing our governing body to pieces because they weren't all 'touchy feely' about how we did it - yet the worst that anyone could prove was that one of our coaches (an Australian) used the word 'bitches'!

Similarly we've won the biggest professional cycle race in the world five times in the last six years and we are mired in a drugs scandal because Chris Froome puffed on his asthma inhaler a couple of times too much one day in a race.

Of course cheating goes on - show me which sport it doesn't - even chess had its famous 'yogurt' eating scandal of 1978!

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Chess_Championship_1978

Cycling is so unlike any other sport as it is many different races, that suit several different types of riders, with routes that change from race to race, year to year, that is made up as a team of individuals - often sacrificing themselves for one man - who sometimes isn't even the best in the team!

Nothing is ever boring in cycling and thus anybody ever finding it boring clearly doesn't 'gets' it at all.

PS - I've always found show jumping and horse dancing pretty dull myself.

4Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Fri Jan 12 2018, 16:48

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have to agree about show jumping and dressage. 
However,if you're a fan of the TV series 'The Prisoner', I defy you to explain what the hell is going on here.
I can't tell if it's boring or not. 

5Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Fri Jan 12 2018, 17:14

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Well they are certainly right about golf!

6Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Fri Jan 12 2018, 17:31

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Kabbadi is a strange one. I came across it on an obscure sports channel once. Lots of holding hands whilst dancing around trying to touch each other and run away. I don't  really get it but it's big in India I think. 

7Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Sat Jan 13 2018, 18:12

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Athletics for me, I don't class cycling as a sport or golf or cricket or gymnastics or snooker or swimming or car or horse racing like darts they are games or hobbies. Boxing,Rugby,Football,Tennis,Basketball are the only sports I see in that list

8Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Sat Jan 13 2018, 18:16

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Some people class watching TV a sport due to how much they watch it.

I'm surprised that's not up there on the list.

9Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Sat Jan 13 2018, 18:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Extreme ironing is good.

10Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Sat Jan 13 2018, 18:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Toe wrestling is good too.

11Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Mon Jan 15 2018, 10:26

wessy

wessy
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I love watching Cycling, the best sport on TV for me is the final day of any of the Golf Majors.

Boring CRICKET any sport that you have a cake and a cup of tea in the middle is not a sport. plus it can take for ever and no result so they ask some guys called Duckworth and Lewis who won FFS.

This pains me and it may be age BUT Football on TV is becoming pretty boring the loss of mercurial number 10's and wingers makes every game much the same,.

if clubs didn't have historic colours you would struggle to work out who was who, pass it along the back four, tap to a midfielder tap back Yawn. Every club used to have a Character that put bums on seats, Sky have taken all that away.

It's now fear football due to money.

12Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Mon Jan 15 2018, 10:59

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote:Boring CRICKET any sport that you have a cake and a cup of tea in the middle is not a sport. plus it can take for ever and no result so they ask some guys called Duckworth and Lewis who won FFS.

You idiot. Cricket is up there with football for entertainment. Seeing Jason Roy smash the Aussies the other day was far more enjoyable than watching Gareth Southgate's England.

13Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Mon Jan 15 2018, 11:13

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

What about e-sports?  lol!

14Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Mon Jan 15 2018, 11:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wessy wrote: any sport that you have a cake and a cup of tea in the middle is not a sport.
But a sport where you can wear a Pringle sweater and slacks,and smoke a fag at the same time is?

15Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Mon Jan 15 2018, 11:28

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
wessy wrote: any sport that you have a cake and a cup of tea in the middle is not a sport.
But a sport where you can wear a Pringle sweater and slacks,and smoke a fag at the same time is?
Golf?

16Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Mon Jan 15 2018, 11:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Leeds_Trotter wrote:What about e-sports?  lol!
What are e-sports or should I not be asking? Very Happy

17Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Mon Jan 15 2018, 11:30

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Golf KP. Or as Mark Twain described it, 'A good walk,spoiled'.

18Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Mon Jan 15 2018, 11:32

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:What are e-sports or should I not be asking? Very Happy

He means Hypersports.

Boring sports. Maxresdefault

19Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Mon Jan 15 2018, 12:33

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

karlypants wrote:
Leeds_Trotter wrote:What about e-sports?  lol!
What are e-sports or should I not be asking? Very Happy
E-sports is gaming lol. It' huge atm, they've even started opening up e-sports bars where you can go and have a few pints while gaming. They run alot of competitions too. Not been to one yet.

20Boring sports. Empty Re: Boring sports. Mon Jan 15 2018, 12:48

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Golf, horse racing and pub games are all boring.
Whoever said cycling is boring needs to give their head a knock. Track or road form both push the rider to the limits. To what extent drugs come into it is another matter.  
Try pedalling up Bury road past Aldi from town and see if that gives you a sweat!?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum